Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks for killing an unique part of the game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thanks for killing an unique part of the game!

Originally posted by Doggie52
    Agree, but DICE will probably not listen to swearing people who use capital letters IMO...
    What makes you think they're even going to listen in the first place ? (except for the "noobs" who will find something else to complain about).

I'm sick of adopting to a new game style everytime someone crys "bug". Watch out fellow karkand whores, soon they're going to remove grenades.

Comment

thanks for replying people! but some posts here are not even worth one's attention..

Comment

I prone spam all of the damn time, but I'm glad they're removing it. It's really pretty silly if you ask me.

The problem I have with EA/DICE is that these changes shouldn't be introduced now, over a year since the game was originally released. If they would have had the foresight and done some testing with actual gamers/competitive players as testers, this kind of thing wouldn't have even been possible in the 1st place.

Re-install BF2 once and play the game totally unpatched, it truly does feel like an entirely different game.

baroque, i feel your frustration bro, i really do but I think this change will probably be a good one, once you get used to it. Good players will always own pubnarbs, pronespamming or not, such is life. =]

Comment

I cannot understand, why people want to play the battlefield series of games, which has always been the full mix of the battlefield wepons, that being to include vehicles, it has never been infantry/armor/air only, never, thats what made BF series, so unique, a game a full mix of people could play together

Now suddenly people want infantry only, well, hard to hear it, but, go play AA or some other game, BF isnt about infantry only, you complain because a tank kills you, but yet you wont change kits to anti-tank and deal with it, you want to come back as the sniper, for the tenth time in a row

This complain about everything that kills me, is old and alot of people dont want to hear it anymore, by all means complain about the game, I am not saying do not voice your opinion, but think about what your writing

Comment

Originally posted by (CB4)akaNE!
            I prone spam all of the damn time, but I'm glad they're removing it. It's really pretty silly if you ask me.

The problem I have with EA/DICE is that these changes should be introduced now, over a year since the game was originally released. If they would have had the foresight and done some testing with [i]totally inadequate[/b] testers, this kind of thing wouldn't have even been possible in the 1st place.

Re-install BF2 once and play the game totally unpatched, it truly does feel like an entirely different game.

baroque, i feel your frustration bro, i really do but I think this change will probably be a good one, once you get used to it. Good players will always own pubnarbs, pronespamming or not, such is life. =]
            Yeah but the thing is that i actually tested this alittle last night with my clan, a small inf game on 1.4 and it was totally worthless, every firefight ended up in standing still and clicking or just running around and spraying, raelly felt so basic and boring.

Comment

Originally posted by baroque
              Yeah but the thing is that i actually tested this alittle last night with my clan, a small inf game on 1.4 and it was totally worthless, every firefight ended up in standing still and clicking or just running around and spraying, raelly felt so basic and boring.

And tarding around hammering the prone button added soooo much more to the game?

Ever hear of crouching?

Comment

Originally posted by gervish
                And tarding around hammering the prone button added soooo much more to the game?

Ever hear of crouching?
                yes, it takes firefights to other dimensions, dynamical and intense. Now its just basic, no skill is required as its totally random and both must stand still up. well you can crouch if you want but no advantage with the delays. i understand if "weak players" try to argue themselves out of this and defend bf2, but those who "know" the game find it horrible. Its just plain.

Comment

Don't blame the noobs for EA's decision to go for the cash, regardless of the quality (or lack thereof) of the product. It was a decision to make sure they sold as many copies as possible. If that meant dumbing it down, rather than fixing it, that's what they chose. Can't blame a noob for EA's greed.

Comment

Originally posted by baroque
                    yes, it takes firefights to other dimensions, dynamical and intense. Now its just basic, no skill is required as its totally random and both must stand still up. well you can crouch if you want but no advantage with the delays. i understand if "weak players" try to argue themselves out of this and defend bf2, but those who "know" the game finds it horrible. Its just plain.

Takes firefights to other dimensions, lol how the hell does exploiting a bug that gives you 100% accuracey make firefights any better..ooh sorry obviously because you would usually win them.

And define "weak players", those that actually try to play the game properly and don't resort to exploiting a lame bug that the "good" bf2 players can't play the game without? If you can't play the game without resorting to this kinda crap then you must been pretty bad at the game to begin with.

If anything the weak players are the ones whoring this bug time and time again because they can't do a damn thing as infantry without it.

Comment

You think that prone-spamming gives you 100% accuracy?

LMFAO, uninstall please.

Comment

Originally posted by (CB4)akaNE!
                        You think that prone-spamming gives you 100% accuracy?

LMFAO, uninstall please.

Even the ea guy in one of the videos stated that the first shot gives you 100% accuracey, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that your accuracey is increased while prone.

Comment

Hang on a minute, I've just read this thread and am a bit confused (I'm new to the game) am I correct in thinking the term 'Prone Spamming' simply means going prone to take a shot? If so surely that's just common sense, you're less of a target to the person you are trying to take out! I try to go prone but half the time get so caught up in the fire fight I forget! And the other half the time it doesn't seem to help my accuarcy, just look at my stats they're ****. I don't care that I get owned all the time I still enjoy the game!

Comment

ok
                            in the beginning, let start with 1.12...
                            we had:
                            1) Noob tubes - noobs complained that the gl had too much splash
                            2) dolphin diving and bunny hopping - noobs complained they couldnt hit the guy doing it
                            3) c4 chucking - noobs complained that because you could throw c4, they would die
                            4) the aa is too inaccurate - everybody agreed on this
                            5) the J-10 kept owning noobs who bothered to spawn in baserape camp, AKA the carrier

in 1.2 we had everybody complaining about all the issues in 1.12 which DICE "fixed" and now they want it all back:

1) GL is just a toy in which you now need almost a direct hit to kill
                            2) Bunny hopping is found to be still possible whilst dolphin diving takes slightly longer to re-discover
                            3) because there is no more c4 chucking, people now whinge that they have to walk right up to the armour to plant the c4
                            4) the AA issue is somewhat fixed, praises all around
                            5) the J-10 is still pwning everything out there

ok, so we're at 1.3: 1.3 brings us a time decrease of certain medals and badges, and the WCR, and what else?
                            A) It brought along these damned annoying "problem with your connection" which disturbs your game at the worst time (like yesterday when i got 98 and i was about to shoot a headshot and get my peoples medallion but thanks to the patch i didnt get it [i got it later though!])
                            B) it also brought along these other annoying crashes

now we have 1.4: plz, no more noobs whinging about this or that, please dont make it any worse, im sure EA is sorry that they lost almost half their target market with one code error. Please, constructive criticism ONLY AND NOT WHINGING!!

Comment

Gervish. You're wrong.

Going prone does NOT give you 100% accuracy, even on the 1st shot. That's the major problem with this game, is it's Random Cone of Fire, you're never guaranteed an accurate 1st shot in this game, let alone repeated accurate shots, prone spamming or not. What it does do for you, is throw off your hit-box to the guy trying to shoot at you, making you harder to hit and kill.

The guys using prone-spamming, or utilizing it may appear to be hitting you with more well placed, accurate shots, but that's just an illusion, they're just better players than you.

GG.

Comment

I dont understand..

I have never used prone-crouch-jump spamming or prone-jump..yet I could...
                                but what Im confused about is how I never used this and for some reason I still have fun? I mean did i miss an exciting part of the game? I killed tons of people not using it, I survived tons of fire fights, I had a blast and still do everytime I play...so did I miss the key element to infantry combat?
                                The only time I think I actually saw it was when I encountered people...they would start hopping on there belly's, were they having a better time then me?
                                Should I have died 100% of the time they used it since i wanst using it?

Are you mad you spent a bunch of money on a Key Board with macros you cant use?

Squad hopping is and was a pain since they nerfed it, sucks having to care who my SL is and it sucks not being in the fire fire 100% of the time..but I forgot all about it since 1.3 has been out for quite a while..now I just pick my squads better or if Im SL I play it safer and act as a spawn point. If my SL dies and I cant zip right back to the fire fight, well thats my own fault for picking a crap SL or thats just how the cookie crumbles.

All these changes add a higher level of difficulty, they slow the game down and make every move you make more important.

Yet with all these changes to make BF2 harder...its called noobed down..
                                woundnt noobing it down make one key perform the prone combo that everyone knew about, wouldnt noobing it down make a player able to spawn when ever were ever he wanted, wouldnt noobing it down give everyone 100% accuracy.

Comment

Working...
                                X