Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks for killing an unique part of the game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thanks for killing an unique part of the game!

Something I forgot to mention...

If you consider pronespamming/dolphin diving to be "ok", what about building glitches? How about hacks/cheats? I mean, you can do them all, so why not?

It's subjective. Where do you draw the line between "gameplay" and "exploit"?

You might feel that something is perfectly legit, while others are free to disagree with you. In the end, it's Dice's call. When they feel that part of their game isn't working as intended, it's up to them to make the required changes.

Oh... and nothing's stopping you from re-installing earlier versions and playing on unranked servers. There's quite a few of 'em out there and if your argument is that it's just more fun to play those versions, why would you care about rankings?

Comment

Originally posted by baroque
      ...proning was something totally unique for bf2 and really made it something special to play, to meet good clans in infgames and win over them in prone was really the deliver of skill.

...People say its an bug and exploit, sure it is but it took bf2 too incredible hights (sic)...this was removed by dice for no reason altough noone wanted it gone..
      What a load of crap.

Half the proners/dolphin divers had a bloody macro set for it. Tell me, how is pushing a button to exploit an animation result in player skill? It's a freaking exploit (as you admit) that needed to be fixed.

Angry because you can't play on a level field without getting owned?

Sounds like you're the noob.

Comment

are u kidding i never used macros and I could do every thing perfect now that takes some skill and there were people out there doing the exact same thing, I tried a macro and it didnt work as well, so dont try to ***** because people r better than u were

Comment

Originally posted by Char-ley_Killa
          are u kidding i never used macros and I could do every thing perfect now that takes some skill and there were people out there doing the exact same thing, I tried a macro and it didnt work as well, so dont try to ***** because people r better than u were
          I didn't say everyone used a macro you friggn' twit.

However, a large percentage did. So you manged to use your leet skills to master the jump crouch combo?

Good for you rambo.

Comment

I agree about the cause of whining. BF is a very different game. It's also a game where many people from many genres are put to one map. Which (naturally) creates more intrigues than a barrel full of chimps. BF2 gamers have various disputes about certain types of people's playing style. Since BF2 has FPS, RTS, and MMO elements then one might find other people's playing style appaling, cheap and overly "stupid". Those play elements divide into sub-groups. The so called tank/plane/chopper/inf/stat/specific weapon/specific action/specific tactic whore, base/spawn raper and competitive/leisure gamer.

Who the heck uses macros and binds to do dolphin dive and etc? It's easy to do them by hand. But I guess it's laziness.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
              Something I forgot to mention...

If you consider pronespamming/dolphin diving to be "ok", what about building glitches? How about hacks/cheats? I mean, you can do them all, so why not?

It's subjective. Where do you draw the line between "gameplay" and "exploit"?

You might feel that something is perfectly legit, while others are free to disagree with you. In the end, it's Dice's call. When they feel that part of their game isn't working as intended, it's up to them to make the required changes.

Oh... and nothing's stopping you from re-installing earlier versions and playing on unranked servers. There's quite a few of 'em out there and if your argument is that it's just more fun to play those versions, why would you care about rankings?
              the man makes a good point
              the problem is not the things that were fixed - all of them needed to be addressed
              the problem is the way they were addressed - the blame lies on DICE
              blaming 'noobs' for being killed by people who knew how to exploit the games quirks and then saying so or blaming clans for being cutthroat in their methods to gain a competitive advantage is irrelevant and ridiculous.
              neither changed the game - DICE did

This time they are full of good intentions but they only want to listen to what they want to hear - you can't teach an old dog new tricks
              Evidence?
              - the insane overcomplicated implementation of the IO mode
              it's a continuation of the same self-destructive cycle that has caused so much discontent about the blackhawk, j10, claymore, grenade launcher, anti aircraft weaponry, cone of fire, instant prone accuracy, prone spamming and dolphin diving and bunny hopping
              The suggestions that would have worked were made in these forums and probably in many others. The suggestions that were implemented were made at DICE alone. Draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by HowieMandel
                Very intresting. YOu mention blackhawk. You never was a good chopper pilot in the other transport chopper? Hmmm ironic no?

The OLD blackhawk, was so easy to get major points in.......it was kinda funny. Sad, but funny. It had more armor then a tank had. Its guns could kill an enemy soldier, even if it hit 10 feet away. I could cap a flag within 3 seconds. Everyone got ammo points from the med whores tossing them out. Everyone got ammo points from the support whore....the engies were wrenching the whole game.......points. And when it got near a friendly tank by accident that need repair........again.....points.
                So dude let me tell you this straight up.

You can still own in a blackhawk, today. But heres the catch. YOU ACTUALLY NEED TEAMWORK to do so. People gotta work it. The old BH you speak of.....i mean a rider in it could get 100 points, for simply riding in it.
                Come on now.......
                The blackhawk is now a harder thing to use........and you run away from it.
                Thats lame.
                If you were truely skilled (and i hate that word, really i do) then you would do, what all these anti nerf guys say................ adapt.
                You missed my point, I was saying it was nice to be REWARDED for being a transport chopper pilot... BFV if you flew the Transport Heuy you would end up with a very low score at the end of the round...

It is hard to adapt when no one wants to get into a BH anymore let alone stay in one... Please they nerfed the hell out of all the choppers you sneeze and they blow up.... The BH is a formidable weapon just not in BF2....I sitll love to fly the hawk in fact I will still fly it just it is not as rewarding for a pilot anymore...

I am a good chopper pilot and you are a jackass

btw you wouldnt get crap for points by just sitting in it unless you where medic or support...If they kept everything the same with the exception of having to dissmount to cap a flag that would have been fine....

Comment

I agree with you Baroque. I wish the gameplay would be left alone and the crash and performance issues be fixed.

I'm sure there is some "rational" and "right" balance to the gameplay, but we'll never find it and DICE has no reason to care. All this bickering is really a competition of "wants". Some want "A" to stay, some want it to go. How do we determine which position is right?

DICE is in the business of selling fun. Their business ethic is to sell the greatest fun, to the greatest number. Their product, BF2, is in turn designed on this principle and is adjusted (patched) to it.

Bottom line: DICE cares about what you want; not why you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skwurl
                    What a load of crap.

Half the proners/dolphin divers had a bloody macro set for it. Tell me, how is pushing a button to exploit an animation result in player skill? It's a freaking exploit (as you admit) that needed to be fixed.

Angry because you can't play on a level field without getting owned?

want to know whats even more CRAP ? this attempt of calling every pronejumper/dolphine diver a macro user.

Seriously, how bloody difficult is it to press crouch and prone key constantly ? go ahead, create your own server and try it. No body will know except the bots, I doubt they will care though.

Comment

well EA strike again

Comment

Originally posted by t_c
                        want to know whats even more CRAP ? this attempt of calling every pronejumper/dolphine diver a macro user.

Seriously, how bloody difficult is it to press crouch and prone key constantly ? go ahead, create your own server and try it. No body will know except the bots, I doubt they will care though.
                        Please tell me where I said everyone used a macro? Do people even read anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
                          the man makes a good point
                          Thanks.

the problem is not the things that were fixed - all of them needed to be addressed
                          the problem is the way they were addressed - the blame lies on DICE
                          While I partly agree as a gamer, I've also done the design thing. It's not easy. I've come up with great ideas to help gameplay along and taken a hella lot of heat for it.

An example: I was working on a Persistant world mod for NeverWitner Nights and I desided that the resting system needed changing to make things more challenging (the game shipped with a built in ability to rest at any time and thus removed a LOT of challenge). I made some tweaks to limit how, where, and how often you could rest. My player base went NUTS! The amount of "This sucks! You wrecked the game!" type posts I took was rather dissapointing. A month later, people were loving it. To this day, that rest remians one of the core elements that keeps players playing.

The moral of the story; Even the best changes will generate hate, but that still doesn't mean it's a bad thing for the game.

I still wanna see old 'Hawk guns brought back 'n an auto GL mounted on the Skycow, tho.

Comment

The solution would be strictly enforcing the game rating and thus nullifying half the little whinners....

Better yet just ban anyone under the age of say 14 from using the net

Comment

Originally posted by Skwurl
                              Please tell me where I said everyone used a macro? Do people even read anymore?
                              This is the impression that most anti-dolphin divers are giving.

I'd also like to add that theres nothing stopping anyone from putting a 203 up their ass (seeing as how the noob-tube is still semi-effective)

Comment

Originally posted by t_c
                                This is the impression that most anti-dolphin divers are giving.

I'd also like to add that theres nothing stopping anyone from putting a 203 up their ass (seeing as how the noob-tube is still semi-effective)
                                That impression exists for a reason...and there is something stopping a player from putting a 203 up their ass.

It's called getting killed because some lame ass player just exploited an animation that you can't target. There is no 'skill' (like the OP mentioned) in this tactic.

Comment

Working...
                                X