No announcement yet.

Infantry only mode, worst idea ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Infantry only mode, worst idea ever.

Originally posted by <}US{> Need_2_Kill
    Ok, what if they put armor in CS?
    Ok, ill humour you....

If they put Armour in CS, but still let you play servers where u could play normal CS without armour, what would be the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by colony
      I used to rag on him for this before, but at this point, I really cant blame him. Why put yourself at a disadvantage when one plane seems to have been made by God himself and the other by DICE Canada :laugh:
      Lol, but still I bet theres still a lot of other J10'ers here, but they won't complain about it not being fixed. If planewhore made that account not to tell EA/DICE that somethings wrong, then he obviously likes the J10, which I don't get why you would whine for the J10 to be fixed if you like using it?

I have used the J10 before, its a good jet, im not going to disagree with any of you on if its overpowered or not. I use any jet really, the J10, MIG, Eurofighter, A10, SU39, JSF etc. At the end of the day I like a jet which has high speed and in general fun to use. Some of the jets are sluggish and slow, the Eurofighter seems weird but it's a good challenge against a MIG which is fun. The J10 seems alot faster, great for diving up into the clouds etc, still want to learn how to hit that 4000 barrier in the JSF though, think I have an idea from met's video though. Im not one for being in a jet every time I play. I like a variety, jet/chopper/armor then move to a city map play infantry etc.

Originally posted by Deliverance
      Ok, ill humour you....

If they put Armour in CS, but still let you play servers where u could play normal CS without armour, what would be the problem?
      Lmao Armor would never be able to move, CS levels are small.

Comment

People are crying about this because BF2 is all about points, mostly. PlaneWhore is seeing this on the regular BF2 player that plays for points and it is legal stat padding. Have any of you every played on a illegal IO before? It's all about who has the better medic squad. I don't mind IO, only if it stays Unranked Only. This game was made for people to use Modern armor on the Modern battlefield and thats the reason most bought it.

Tell me about a modern war with no armor at all.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
          Some players can't handle flying a jet and managing the teamwork aspect, it's too much for their tiny brains to handle. I manage teamwork quite well when I'm flying a jet, spending a good chunk of my time striking targets such as tanks spotted by infantry who are attempting to advance to the next flag. Stereotyping is very rarely a good thing Deliverance.

If you want a stereotype that is often true, City Maps. Often synonymous with grenade spamming, claymore spamming, and stat padding. Check what server any of the top ranking players play the most. It's Karkand. Why is it Karkand? Well I'll leave you to figure that one out.

Just be glad some people (like me) care more about game balance and the overall health of the particular game as a whole rather than fictional medals and points. Because if not for individuals like me, you'd be seeing crap Knife and Pistol as a option in 1.5.

Everyone has a choice when to and not to raise their voices, but in the end it's DICE that decides. I'm just doing my part to steer them in the right direction, and you can't fault me for that.

Just for furture reference all city maps have vehicles. Furthermore, city maps also have helicopters and aircraft! Gulf of Oman is a considered a "city map" on this server, for example.
          Thats pure bs...I can't even believe u wrote that...First of all, you do not represent me or the BF2 community, so do not give me any crap about the "right" direction. How full of $hit are u? Is there no end? What is wrong with infantry only maps? You've listed the features of the mode and denounced them, but haven't listed anything that you have even tried yet. Have you actually tried to play IO mode? Thought not. So why denounce something that doesn't exist yet...I'm looking forward to IO becoming popular just to spite ur claim.

Comment

Originally posted by frazzman
            no they arnt there just giving us more options.. hows that bad?

jeez more extremities.
            yeah but please, i hate people who go with this "dont like it dont play it", i love the game but dice and ea adds horrible features noone asked for (and removes wonderful features) and manages to **** everything up.

Comment

Colin responded in the UK forums that he has received our overwhelming complaints on the subject and has moved the information up the ladder. Sounds like we may get what we are all looking for. The votes are 90%+ to leave it alone with current infantry dynamics.

Comment

Originally posted by da mighty carrot
                Thats pure bs...I can't even believe u wrote that...First of all, you do not represent me or the BF2 community, so do not give me any crap about the "right" direction. How full of $hit are u? Is there no end? What is wrong with infantry only maps? You've listed the features of the mode and denounced them, but haven't listed anything that you have even tried yet. Have you actually tried to play IO mode? Thought not. So why denounce something that doesn't exist yet...I'm looking forward to IO becoming popular just to spite ur claim.
                Whats worng with IO is that BF wasn't meant to be an armor free game.

If you want real IO and Marine action go play Close Combat: First to Fight.

Comment

removed

Indian

Comment

IMHO, inf only mode is the BIGGEST f*ck up in Bf2 history...
                    It's a complete joke.
                    It needs to be removed in the 1.4 patch. I MEAN IT!!!
                    If it was to be done right, leave everything the same and REMOVE tanks, APC's, jets and attack choppers.
                    More light/heavy jeeps and as far as the transport choppers go.
                    They were f*cking useless ever since they were nerfed, might as well get rid of the miniguns so my view is better...

For over a month now we've ben playing on severs that crash every hour or so, hell that's only if your lucky and bf2 does'nt CTD as the game/map starts.
                    All we wanted was a sever crash fix, Red/Blue name tag fix.

The new map, well I guess you guys realised that EF and AF wasnt going to cut it, so thanks for the new map, it about the best thing in the new patch.

THANK GOD it's only a beta.
                    If it was the real patch, goodbye Bf2...

Comment

• Re: Infantry only mode, worst idea ever.

its simple this mode is for people who class them self as having some decent skills and not bieng lil girls fighting in tanks and planes where in my oppinion unless you go head to head with another tank or plane is basic rape, because infantry are at a great disadvantage against vehicles, the infantry only is a great idea, and for one i'd like to see it enforced because then its puss.y's like you who show there true skills which are nothing at all unless your in a tank which bieng in a tank you have no skills at all.

So i suggest you all grow balls and stop moaning like a bunch of fags

Comment

Originally posted by BloodHound
                        its simple this mode is for people who class them self as having some decent skills and not bieng lil girls fighting in tanks and planes where in my oppinion unless you go head to head with another tank or plane is basic rape, because infantry are at a great disadvantage against vehicles, the infantry only is a great idea, and for one i'd like to see it enforced because then its puss.y's like you who show there true skills which are nothing at all unless your in a tank which bieng in a tank you have no skills at all.

Way to go, just the kind of mature response that helps a debate like this.

Comment

There should be a correction to the original post.

Support WILL be as popular as medic. Their guns are far superior and given the fact hp have been raised the large sized clips are going to be extremely important.

So, we'll have support and medics only in infantry only with the current system. I'm not against infantry only per sé, but what I don't understand is the reasoning behind increasing the hps....!?

Comment

Oh yes its so much skill! you throw a perfect grenade in someones face, he just runs away and gets a med pack!!11!!!!!

Comment

So, why don't you... hmm let me see, go play an infantry only game instead? Atleast that takes some skills, right?

Comment

IO is for people who can't win on a regular map, and can't fight with armor around them

Like I said before, if you keep getting killed by armor every 15sec then blame who ever on your team decided to take the armor that round for not doing thier job.

When I would play Karkand like it was the only map, I would score higher then any tank whore. Not by being medic or support but by capping flags and taking out the armor whore with C4.

So IO proves nothing but who is the better medic and who is the better at dolphin divng.

Comment

Working...
                                X