No announcement yet.

Infantry only mode, worst idea ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Infantry only mode, worst idea ever.

Originally posted by BFROE|GWA|Jaxx
    There will still be an ROE people it will be adjusted to fit this game mode but do not fear it will cover rules that keep knife/pistol servers at bay.

We will let you know when NEW ROE is out!
    So thats pretty much a confirmation that it WILL be Ranked. Either that or theres some bad communication between DICE and BFROE

GOOD! You have listened for once!

Comment

As usual it takes Planewhore to cut through all the bullcrap

All that was needed was to remove Armour, Jets and Attack Helicopters.
      Nothing else

Yet DICE insist on making things so complicated that it affects the game detrimentally.

All the people here defending IO are defending it merely because they have just received their Christmas present. It doesn't matter that it is badly made, defective and rather than please everyone, pleases a minority of Counterstrike wannabes.

DICE for the love of the gods in Infantry Only mode
      - Keep the hitpoints and weapon damage the same
      - Add in light, heavy and helicopter transports
      - Stop ****ing with your game!!!

Comment

I'm not exactly sure what this infantry mode is that you're talking about, but I don't see it at that big of a problem. I will still be playing normal maps as I very much enjoy to fly helicopters myself, even though I still play Karkand, Mashtuur or Sharqi from time to time.

Unless they are removing all the vehicles from the game and it won't be possible to even fly a plane/heli or whatever, I don't care. Besides, I think I'm going to wait until after the patch is released until I whine about it. Then we can see if it's the end of the world or something

Stop whining, start playing!

Comment

All they needed to so was:
          • Replace Tanks/APCs spawns with Heavy Jeeps
          • Replace AA vehicle spawns with Light Jeeps
          • Remove Jets
          • Replace Attack Helicopters spawns with Transport Helicopters (i.e. USMC Wake Island 2007 carrier would now have 3 Blackhawks)

That's it. Add an option for each map for whatever you want to call it and it would be FUN AS HELL!!!

Comment

Hey all of you are smokin the rocks...

WHAT ABOUT THE MUSCLE CAR?

lol... think about it. Transportation.. it's fast.. but it has no guns. So you don't have to worry about people using it as an offensive weapon.

AND that will also give a reason to pick engy/AT.

And get rid of this 2x HP BULLSHIT!

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
              All that was needed was to remove Armour, Jets and Attack Helicopters.
              Nothing else

Yet DICE insist on making things so complicated that it affects the game detrimentally.

All the people here defending IO are defending it merely because they have just received their Christmas present. It doesn't matter that it is badly made, defective and rather than please everyone, pleases a minority of Counterstrike wannabes.

DICE for the love of the gods in Infantry Only mode
              - Keep the hitpoints and weapon damage the same
              - Add in light, heavy and helicopter transports
              - Stop ****ing with your game!!!
              See that's where your wrong. Everyone who thinks IO is a good idea doesn't agree with how its been implemented. Like I said I'm a self confessed attack heli whore. But if I want to have a game of IO I currently can't. I don't like their concept of IO as its been implemented, but this is what this beta is all about, which a lot here seem to forget. Have your say. The overwhelming majority over 90+% don't like the way its been implemented. Leave the damage alone, the hp alone, the spawn time alone and just remove the vehicles, arty and I would also say UAV. There that is infantry only.

I wouldn't mind of there were light vehicles, I wouldn't mind if there were transport heli's, lets face it the BH guns are worthless so it may as well have none.

Comment

Removing ALL vehicles and giving everyone 200 health makes about as much sense as artillery and tanks in Special Forces. Keep default health, add jeeps and transport helis. Simple. IT'S WHAT WE ASKED FOR.

Honestly, if you knew what was going to happen to this game when you bought it....would you have? After playing BF1942 from release till BF2 came out I knew there would be bugs at release...but at least patches FIXED them in '42 (for the most part) After the 1.6 patch the total free content in BF1942 is 5 free maps, 9 vehicles, The Canadian Army, and 5 weapons. There was also a free map and a few vehicles added for Secret Weapons amongst the patches.

We're almost at 1.6 and look where we're at...nice eh? Jalalabad and Wake 2007 do not equal Aberdeen, Battle of Britain, Coral Sea, Invasion of The Philippines, Liberation of Caen, and Raid on Agheila (free SW map).

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
                  See that's where your wrong. Everyone who thinks IO is a good idea doesn't agree with how its been implemented. Like I said I'm a self confessed attack heli whore. But if I want to have a game of IO I currently can't. I don't like their concept of IO as its been implemented, but this is what this beta is all about, which a lot here seem to forget. Have your say. The overwhelming majority over 90+% don't like the way its been implemented. Leave the damage alone, the hp alone, the spawn time alone and just remove the vehicles, arty and I would also say UAV. There that is infantry only.

I wouldn't mind of there were light vehicles, I wouldn't mind if there were transport heli's, lets face it the BH guns are worthless so it may as well have none.
                  We both agree
                  Hell the whole damn community agrees:
                  Leave the damage alone, the hp alone, the spawn time alone and just remove the vehicles, arty and I would also say UAV. There that is infantry only. I wouldn't mind of there were light vehicles, I wouldn't mind if there were transport heli's, lets face it the BH guns are worthless so it may as well have none

My point was that the people embracing the IO as it are being selfish - you and I both know that what we want is a mode with no armour, jets and attack helicopters
                  <3

Comment

I agree LOL

Comment

I suspect even a sniper's headshot doesn't kill you.
                      I had a grenade right on top of me. I got up and running for my life, thinking "I'm so dead!", but it barely touched me…

Comment

I don't understand this intense hatred of vehicles some people have. I personally rarely die to vehicles while playing as infantry. Artillery sometimes, yeah.. but mostly while playing infantry I die to claymores and grenades (and of course other infantry) as I'm always pushing up with my medic. Vehicles are the last thing on my list I'm usually concerned about as I can see them coming, duck behind a building/fence ect.. and avoid them completely. I feel sorry for people who are so moronic they cannot grasp this simple concept and nullify the effect vehicles may be having on them.

A little more on my general experience playing as infantry:

It's a rare occurrence for me to die to an attack helicopter, or airplane. But every time it does happen I realize that is in fact my fault either being in a bad position caught out in the open ect. The APC and tank are a little common than a helicopter/airplane death, but the ease at which all four of these threats as dispatched (and the two armored in particular) leaves the infantry with no other excuse than pure incompetence. Is one TOW rocket in the treads a little too tough to fire at that tank? Don't have enough brains to spawn as AT after dying to a tank and pop out of prone from behind a wall and shoot them twice in the treads? Too bad. Airplanes, helicopters, tanks, and the rest of the vehicle drivers rely on pure enemy incompetence to thrive. Sure I can get 60 kills with an APC in a good round of 64 player Karkand, but put me up against 1 or 2 skilled and crafty AT players and it brings my kill spree to a screeching hault every time.

That's the essence of Battlefield, again let me stress the series.. BATTLEFIELD, not counterstrike! That's what is so confusing for me hearing people gripe about vehicles and demanding an IO mode, as they are eliminating the Battlefields series defining characteristic. This sort of makes me wonder why these odd individuals purchased BF2 in the first place.

The modified infantry version flat out sucks, let's face it. The no vehicle version without any other changes aside from being a horribly balance campish style of gameplay will become no doubt extremely popular for those people who are so obsessed with statistics and 24/7 Karkand servers. The people populating Knife & Pistol servers will immigrate over to the "legitimate" R&K&P servers (rifle and knife and pistol) and continue to stat pad. The only fair thing to do in regards to ALL statistics is to make these servers unranked, or migrate all statistics received on these servers to a completely different set of stats/ranks/unlocks. For example, a round on infantry only server would go to one set of a players statistics which is completely separate. The end result of this will be a split BF2 community and a quick death for these series.

Futhermore I don't want my personal full-bodied BF2 experience to be corrupted in any way by this garbage IO crap. I don't want to have to be forced to play on some twisted neutered server where I can't make the decision if I want to play in armor or as a medic or be forced to spend 10 minutes searching for an acceptable server. I don't want to go to a normal server only to find that every else on the normal server is joining for the same reason I am and as a result 20 people are waiting for tank/APCs. If this didn't effect the normal BF2 player I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it does and as such I do.

Comment

indeed please stop moaning or ea will hopfuly nurf you.

Seriosuly they not doing this to every server ITS A SERVER SIDE OPTION!

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                            I don't want to go to a normal server only to find that every else on the normal server is joining for the same reason I am and as a result 20 people are waiting for tank/APCs. If this didn't effect the normal BF2 player I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it does and as such I do.
                            Good point. I hope that's not the case, but that people will still play conquest mode and that it's mostly the 24/7 Karkand players who will play IO. We'll just have to wait and see how popular this IO mode gets after the patch is released

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                              That's the essence of Battlefield, again let me stress the series.. BATTLEFIELD, not counterstrike! That's what is so confusing for me hearing people gripe about vehicles and demanding an IO mode, as they are eliminating the Battlefields series defining characteristic. This sort of makes me wonder why these odd individuals purchased BF2 in the first place.

The modified infantry version flat out sucks, let's face it. The no vehicle version without any other changes aside from being a horribly balance campish style of gameplay will become no doubt extremely popular for those people who are so obsessed with statistics and 24/7 Karkand servers. The people populating Knife & Pistol servers will immigrate over to the "legitimate" R&K&P servers (rifle and knife and pistol) and continue to stat pad. The only fair thing to do in regards to ALL statistics is to make these servers unranked, or migrate all statistics received on these servers to a completely different set of stats/ranks/unlocks. For example, a round on infantry only server would go to one set of a players statistics which is completely separate. The end result of this will be a split BF2 community and a quick death for these series.

Futhermore I don't want my personal full-bodied BF2 experience to be corrupted in any way by this garbage IO crap. I don't want to have to be forced to play on some twisted neutered server where I can't make the decision if I want to play in armor or as a medic or be forced to spend 10 minutes searching for an acceptable server. I don't want to go to a normal server only to find that every else on the normal server is joining for the same reason I am and as a result 20 people are waiting for tank/APCs. If this didn't effect the normal BF2 player I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it does and as such I do.
                              Lifes a *****....

I wish people would stop bringing up Counter Strike comments, the two games are completely different. Its a lame, and weak arguement. Even if you play BF2 infantry and compare it to CS you are still looking at two completely different game styles. The ONLY thing the two have in common is that they fall under the FPS genre. Ive played CS since the original beta days, as well as TFC, through Quake up till BF2. BF2 infantry combat is far more immersive and team orientated than CS, DoD or TFC ever were, or ever will be. There is no comparison.

Comment

It doesn't matter if it's a server side option, let me put it this way.

Let's say DICE introduces IO mode in the 1.4 patch.

Let's say to make the numbers easier to digest we've got a total of 20 BF2 servers in all, all of which are 64 player servers.

We'll go with a fairly liberal estimate but based on the number of 24/7 Karkand servers this might not be far off and we'll say that half of the servers switch over the IO mode.

Let's also say on any 64 player server you've got roughly 10-15 people total who are either trying to get in to a vehicle or are in one and want to stay in it.

So now, over the 20 servers you'd have a total of 200-300 people trying to get vehicles. But then IO mode comes so those 200-300 people who like/want vehicles go over to the 10 servers that still allow them. So now instead of the reasonable 10-15 people trying to get vehicles you've got 20-30 people, or roughly 1/3 to 1/2 of the server. Now it's more difficult to get a vehicle, more players are sitting around waiting and doing nothing, and as a result the whole game is corrupted. Airfields are certain to be hell if this patch goes through.

In conclusion, IO mode effects all players, and the excuse "it's just a server side option!" doesn't really cut it. The effects of such a drastic change will ripple outwards and effect every single BF2 player, including those poor folks who bought BF2 because it is a large scale FPS with infantry, and *gasp* vehicles!

Of course the numbers aren't always so clean in the real world, but I'd bet my left pinky that this same factor will effect servers in the real world to a noticeable degree. And it is that fact that I can only hope that DICE fails to implement a pleasing version of the IO mode so that very few servers will switch over and the impact will be minimal.

Comment

Working...
                                X