No Vehicle option details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: No Vehicle option details

I'd suggest that transport vehicles still exist (no car drops, though). That way, engineers and Anti-Tank infantry roles would still be viable. Not to mention, walking long distances can be a pain.

Comment

There should be a "No Obviously Bad Decisions" option.

An option to remove the following:
      - The commander's abilities other than supply drops and mission objectives.
      - Jets. Without a credible AA threat like Desert Combat had, they need to go.
      - Vehicle repair without getting out of the vehicle.

Let servers remove these things and you will more than 24/7 city maps servers.

Comment

WOW, IO sounds like a fun game

I just hope the rumours of it's stats being mixed w/ BF2 are wrong:|:

Can any 1 say "legalized stat-padding"

Lieutenant General |SI|SERIALBUTCHER

peace

Comment

To be honest I would rather transport vehicles like Jeeps and such be left in the game and made available through the commander drops. I would also like to play with the infantry only mode with the current gameplay.

Why are they changing the game formula for infantry only, and why are there no transport vehicles to cross the large sixty-four player maps?

Please let DICE reconsider this IO mode so that it may be configured fopr regular BF2 or these new changes.

Comment

As many before me, I agree with the "leave the cartillery drop". Sure, many commanders might use the cartillery the wrong way (killing snipers. etc.) But it's the rounds when you play with a good commander that makes this game worth playing.

Besides, after 10+minutes walking, you would really appreciate a cartillery drop right in front of you.

In a perfect world, I could picture me in IO mode in Karkand, heavy fighting bullets shizzling everywhere, commander who's really commanding etc. Alas, this is not a perfect world, and I'm still searching for that perfect round.

I have great faith in the players I play with. Maybe that makes me naive. But better be hopeful and naive, than spending so much time thinking: Why do I even bother? I'll tell you why: Because everyone of us have played on of those "special" rounds where there's only fun and teamwork. Extremely rare, but they exist.

Comment

Live on my king CKMC

Comment

sweet lol

Comment

weapon damage does definitly not need to be decreased. as for the infantry only maps or whatever you wish to call it the transport helicopter (since the weapons are pretty much useless while the chopper is moving and its an easy target anyway) and the light transports (hummers, cars and boats) should be the only veichiles on the map. and there need to be more veichiles to replace the gone tanks and planes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tagget
                    weapon damage does definitly not need to be decreased. as for the infantry only maps or whatever you wish to call it the transport helicopter (since the weapons are pretty much useless while the chopper is moving and its an easy target anyway) and the light transports (hummers, cars and boats) should be the only veichiles on the map. and there need to be more veichiles to replace the gone tanks and planes.
                    If you leave vehicles in IO they will be the new tank

Can any 1 say "transport whore" LOL

imho

Lieutenant General |SI|SERIABUTCHER

peace

Comment

hi i was wondering how to set the no vehicle option in singleplayer?

Comment

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC

-DICE Staff
                        Well thank you.......

You have basically f*cked BF2 so you want people to buy you crappy BF 2142............

You don't care about people who play just the money EA will make..........

Comment

Uh.. Yeah right I love BF2 It's a great game really one of the best games I've played untill the day where I'm posting this stupid post But the patches ruined it and now they are trying to correct it.. They are doing there best so there is no need to make a stupid post and just curse Dice/EA to hell..

Those patches were made BF2 is in this state nothing you can do about it.. Well you can test the beta and I bet you aren't doing that..

So I don't know why your shouting but get of your lazy as$ and beta test if you know what Dice/EA is etc. And that BF2 is f'ed up.. At least help make it a better game.

I think IO will be a great gamemode.. But I don't know about the vehicles

Comment

yeh this is a good idea. i recon tanks are annoying

Comment

Originally posted by KoMeT*[NL]

So I don't know why your shouting but get of your lazy as$ and beta test if you know what Dice/EA is etc. And that BF2 is f'ed up.. At least help make it a better game.

I think IO will be a great gamemode.. But I don't know about the vehicles
                              I have been beta testing......

Yesterday I was on a 1.4 2 server and unloaded two full clips from the PKM at close range, the dude didn't die, he then threw nades at me and not one bar of health came off my health!!! Then he jumped into a tank and killed me.......

Great patch!!!

Comment

umm...longer revive time?

Comment

Working...
                                X