Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kicked for dropping car

Originally posted by Metalbolt
    Because cartillery, for any reason, is just lame.
    That's the worst excuse to be kicked for any reason, exploiting the hotel glitch is lame, everything else is fine, if a sniper was more vigilent, they would get in the humvee or get outta the way, if the APC was more vigilent, they woulda moved outta the way.

Comment

Originally posted by zuiquan1
      Ive been playing this game since last july pal:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Its called multiple accounts, check out WushuIV if your so interested in knowing my rank, If its so important to you

edit: BTW that was a bit rude of me, I didnt mean it as a personal attack, if the server didnt have any warning against cartillary and after you did it they kicked you without even a warning than I would just go find another server. Especially if they are kicking you in order to put a clan mate in the CO chair.
      My apologies to you...
      The whole thing just isn't worth all of this...
      Peace to you all and I hope...eventually...great play in bf2 ...
      LONGTRANGBILL...

Comment

Oh yeah, I was kicked about 4 days ago, while commanding, while leading my side to victory, while on track to golding the round.

Kicked without even a word of warning, just bang the black screen of death and there goes my chance of getting a great commander score. Why? Because I had the temerity to drop a humvee on a hovering helo piloted by one of their sainted clan members, to whom we all should bow and say "forgive me, Lord Clan Member of the Holy =Tag=".

Happened on a server named "Old and Cranky" or something similar... needless to say, I won't be going back there. Ever.

And no, I am not going to go to their website and read through a laundry list of their special little customized rules that they impose in addition to the standard ROE, then enforce selectively when it suits their moods. They can just go hang, there are tons of servers where people are actually trying to have fun, instead of acting like the sheriff of a small and meaningless town.

Comment

i got kicked once for dropping cartillry on the guy on the essex gun and when he shot the car it blew himself up!!! ROFL!!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadCRAP_
            i got kicked once for dropping cartillry on the guy on the essex gun and when he shot the car it blew himself up!!! ROFL!!
            Lol, nice.

Comment

DICE has said cartillary was NEVER the intended purpose of the vehical drop.

I'd ban for it, so long as you knew i said, you cant do it.

cuz.........seriously....its pretty lame. Not to mention gay.

Comment

Originally posted by HowieMandel
                DICE has said cartillary was NEVER the intended purpose of the vehical drop.

I'd ban for it, so long as you knew i said, you cant do it.

cuz.........seriously....its pretty lame. Not to mention gay.
                It's only really lame if you kill arty or use the hotel exploit with it, other than that, it's fine. If a sniper gets killed by a vehicle drop, it's his fault for not being more vigilent and not constantly moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
                  It's only really lame if you kill arty or use the hotel exploit with it, other than that, it's fine. If a sniper gets killed by a vehicle drop, it's his fault for not being more vigilent and not constantly moving.
                  So dropping it on assets is not ok, but dropping it on players is? That makes no sense. Either it's a valid tactic or it isn't.

BTW, even though I'm of the opinion that using cartillery in any form is lame, if a sniper gets killed by one, yes, it's his own stupid fault. However, that doesn't make it a valid gameplay tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by <}US{> Need_2_Kill
                    Has anyone been kicked or banned yet for dropping a car on someone?

I got kicked the other day for dropping a buggy on an APC trying to take a flag lol

Also I seen messages like "Using cars other than support will get you banned"

I remember someone mentioned something like this before.
                    good job on the admins for once...
                    they souldn't be used for the things you are doing... it should bring more teamplay

Comment

• Re: Kicked for dropping car

EA said that they were going to reduce the impact of "Cartillery" in the next patch, as soon as they said that we started warning/kicking people for using it purely as a weapon, one or two kills and we dont mind but constant use of it as a weapon rather than a support asset for your team will getcha kicked.

In BFROE it states that commanders cannot use a vehicle if it hinders their team (words to that effect). To me that also applies to Vehicle Drops because they are a well needed asset to some people on large maps and if the commander is just using them as a weapon they are hindering their team from advancing.

Comment

Originally posted by Galdigor
                        good job on the admins for once...
                        they souldn't be used for the things you are doing... it should bring more teamplay
                        No one in my team was on the beach yet, so I got bored and dropped a car, it was at Gulf Of Oman.

Comment

Originally posted by =USF=HawkEyeJim
                          EA said that they were going to reduce the impact of "Cartillery" in the next patch, as soon as they said that we started warning/kicking people for using it purely as a weapon, one or two kills and we dont mind but constant use of it as a weapon rather than a support asset for your team will getcha kicked.

In BFROE it states that commanders cannot use a vehicle if it hinders their team (words to that effect). To me that also applies to Vehicle Drops because they are a well needed asset to some people on large maps and if the commander is just using them as a weapon they are hindering their team from advancing.
                          The other night, i need a vehical drop.......3 times in one round. Each time i could not get one..........always got the "not available" sign. Well I started to investigate this.........idiot commander was dropping them as weapons. Meanwhile my squad coulda made serious advances had we had a vehical to advance faster.
                          Cartillary, while perhaps fun.......is lame.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianScout
                            INCOMING ! ! ! ! !

that looks like a Dodge Charger LOL

:laugh:

Comment

I'm torn about this. What if you're commanding and you have no assets to use. Sometimes you have to improvise, adapt, and overcome. War is hell. I say use them when in a pinch, when artillery is condition red. JMO.

Comment

Cartillery FTW!

I drop cars on unsuspecting snipers all the time, and I find it quite entertaining! Nobody gets a score for it but nothing beats hearing the sniper go URGGGGGGG while getting crushed.

I killed a Cobra the other night while he was hovering over the Reactor flag on Dalian, pretty damn funny. :laugh: He just tipped over sideways and then WHOOSH! :laugh:

I know I know its all controversial but hey, its just a game.

Comment

Working...
                                X