Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kicked for dropping car

Originally posted by LBC|Jester

I know I know its all controversial but hey, its just a game.
    Exactly, and since it's just a game for having fun, if a lot of people see something as cheap, that is obviously cheap, then don't do it.

I don't mind getting slaughtered left and right, so long as the tactics being used aren't stupidly cheap. Nubetoobing, Bunny-hopping, cartillery, these are all cheap... and I still find it amazing that Dice was retarded enough to not think vehicle drops through all the way.

Personally, as a commander, I find it way more satisfying to get rid of a sniper by getting one of my lone-wolves on him, or making my way to him and knifing him into the ground.

Comment

There is nothing fair about war.

Comment

Originally posted by LBC|Jester
        There is nothing fair about war.
        True, but this is just a game.

Comment

Fair? what about the Rules of engagement?

Comment

most people consider any "tactic" used to kill them "cheap'

Comment

This is the whole problem with this game, and ranked servers now. Server admin that make up rules based on their personal views. IMO if it is a ranked server, there should be no rules other then the standard ROE. It’s getting pretty bad when you join a server and there are 15 different rules in effect. If you want rules like no cartillary, then you should be hosting an unranked server, and then you could make any sort of rule you want. I really, really hope that EA/Dice address this and put a stop to these types of servers. IMO, they are no different than the knife/pistol only servers. [/font]

Comment

1: Caretillery has not yet been officially addressed by EA AFAIK, but,

"3 LOCAL (PRIVATELY RENTED) RANKED SERVER RULES MODIFICATIONS

These are rules that are not enforced upon in EA’s public ranked servers but may be modified in privately rented ranked servers. These rules are decided by clan administrators for those servers and as long as they do not contradict any global rules enforced by EA are considered valid for those servers.
                (...)
                # § Clans may change or customise rules, provided they don’t violate the above ROE rules."

So a server could say :NO CARETILLERY HERE"

2: this does not contradicts any other part of the ROE:
                §1.5 Server administrators may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on vehicles or weapons that players can use while on your server (e.g. knives only, aircraft prohibited except for clan members, etc.)

No restriction on the "use" of the vehicle, only its deployment.

3: On the other hand:

§1.8 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.

Since you are using a vehicle for a purpuse other than its intended purpuse in order to increase you changes of winning (and getting x2 points)

4: But most important:
                §2.3 You may not deliberately hinder your own team or acting in such as way as to cause team mates unavoidable deaths or team losses.
                (...)
                * § Destruction of friendly vehicles

That one is pretty clear, if you destroy a friendly jeep (or try to) they can kick you according to EA's ROE.

Whao, too much writing, gonna go have a smoke :blabla:

Comment

I think that carty is one of the funniest things you can do to the little choppers. If you hit it just right they do quit the flip and burn. Good for a laugh, but I got kicked for not playing fair. Bunch of babies.

Originally posted by IndianScout
                  INCOMING ! ! ! ! !

that is the best damn response I have seen yet.

Comment

Its funny to watch but annoying when trying to snipe or when its over done, I like how it will be fixed in the next patch.

Comment

Originally posted by [UTAC] Incognito
                      1: Since you are using a vehicle for a purpuse other than its intended purpuse in order to increase you changes of winning (and getting x2 points)
                      But no one gets the kill for it. It just says whoever it was...is no more. Not saying i'm for it...just saying no one gets anything for dropping cars on people, except maybe a laugh.

Comment

It's a cheesy way to get a kill if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by BulletToothTony
                          This is the whole problem with this game, and ranked servers now. Server admin that make up rules based on their personal views. IMO if it is a ranked server, there should be no rules other then the standard ROE. It’s getting pretty bad when you join a server and there are 15 different rules in effect. If you want rules like no cartillary, then you should be hosting an unranked server, and then you could make any sort of rule you want. I really, really hope that EA/Dice address this and put a stop to these types of servers. IMO, they are no different than the knife/pistol only servers. [/font]
                          why shouldnt a server have the right to having some of their own rules in place?

if server owners had no rights to placing any custom rules whatsoever then bf2 would suffer as a result as lots including myself wouldnt even bother with hosting any bf2 servers.

if you dont like the rules in place then just leave and find another server with no rules in place other than the basic roe.

Comment

Originally posted by [UTAC] Incognito
                            1: §1.8 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.
                            Cartillery does not give anyone credits for the kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                              It's an exploit...nevermind the fact that it is totally lame.

Vehicles ARE FOR TRANSPORT!

It will be fixed in the next patch.
                              Nope it wasn't. So since they didn't 'fix' it dropping on enemy vehicles, snipers, artillery is still legal.

If they wanted to fix it they would had just but a +/- 5 meter variance that we've been asking for the last 2 months. Since they did not, and only limited cartillery on top of buildings, then by their inaction it is still legal.

Plus, 1.5 of ROE says you can't limit a player from using a weapon. Since vehicle drops do damage they are a weapon.

Comment

it is a rule in most servers that u must not drop cars on enemies. i got kicked by that becuse i droped a car on a bunch of kids around a supply lol.

edit: and once i got in into a server and suddenly i am banned to leave room for an admin lol

Comment

Working...
                                X