Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV Missile distance

Originally posted by Kattspya
    In BF2 I don't want realism. My sole reason for not wanting the AA to have 1:1 range with the hellfire is that the AA's don't miss, ever.
    It's not hard to see why any pilot prefers invulnerability, that in itself is not an argument to support it.

No, I don't want to get taken out by a retard pressing his mouse button twice whilst hearing a clear tone.
    Many things can be achieved with a mouse click or two in BF2. Clicking to detonate C4 is no more skillful in itself than clicking to fire any weapon. Too many times pilots whine that anyone on AA can click a mouse button; are they themselves not clicking buttons? What manner of operational device has been inflicted solely on pilots enabling them to make this argument valid?

Care to talk about the power of the in game wire-guided, FFAR's and autocannon compared to their real life counterparts?
    Don't have the time..

That's the definition of balance in tearms of realism vs "gameplay". With that definition a simulator game with two identical teams would be considered unbalanced. Not a good definition.
    No, it's a definition of balance as used when describing game dynamics and physics alterations as implemented in BF2. The teams could be identical or not, with no implications whatsoever for that definition.

IMO this game should be realistic kind of like Operation Flashpoint. Too bad it isn't
    I don't believe that's possible yet, maybe in 5 or 6 years.

Comment

In that case your call for "balance" has no merit as far as I can tell. If you would care to come up with a less retarded definition I'd be happy to continue the debate.

EDIT: Your definition would imply that a game where one team is totally raped by tanks isn't imbalanced because the AA's range is 1:1 with the helicopters wire-guided missiles.
      I would continue, but you referring to things as retarded already tells me you really have no interest in learning anything, so I'm not going to waste my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Auto-ER-
        I would continue, but you referring to things as retarded already tells me you really have no interest in learning anything, so I'm not going to waste my time.
        Feel free to ignore my edit where I describe what the implications of your definition are.

Originally posted by Lazza66
        It's not hard to see why any pilot prefers invulnerability, that in itself is not an argument to support it.
        Yeah, that's exactly what I said.

Many things can be achieved with a mouse click or two in BF2. Clicking to detonate C4 is no more skillful in itself than clicking to fire any weapon. Too many times pilots whine that anyone on AA can click a mouse button; are they themselves not clicking buttons? What manner of operational device has been inflicted solely on pilots enabling them to make this argument valid?
        I'm well aware of that. However what's the differance of someone who is real good in a plane compared to someone that just got the game vs someone who has played the AA for long enough period of time and someone whos been told not to sit in the AA constantly and wait for flares? I would say the differance in the first case is vast and basically non-existent in the second case.

If you are trying to argue that the hit percentage of the AA is skill based you will not succeed.

Don't have the time..
        Yeah, it was a rhetorical question indicating that you tend to cherry pick your facts.

No, it's a definition of balance as used when describing game dynamics and physics alterations as implemented in BF2. The teams could be identical or not, with no implications whatsoever for that definition.
        Those are exactly the implications of your definition. While it's true that BF2 has a realism balance it doesn't say anything about team vs team balance or vehicle vs vehicle balance. The definition is useless in this debate.

I don't believe that's possible yet, maybe in 5 or 6 years.
        Operation Flashpoint has been out for 5+ years.

Comment

I'm well aware of that. However what's the differance of someone who is real good in a plane compared to someone that just got the game vs someone who has played the AA for long enough period of time and someone whos been told not to sit in the AA constantly and wait for flares? I would say the differance in the first case is vast and basically non-existent in the second case.
          Aspiring to enforce a 1 to 1 balance in the skill required between match ups is laughably unrealistic. In real life it's not 'fair', and in BF2 it's not 'fair'. Unlike yourself I couldn't give a flying toss if the guy who just AT'd me is a noob trying the kit for the first time. He aimed and clicked his button, just like you and I do.

If you are trying to argue that the hit percentage of the AA is skill based you will not succeed.
          It's not skill based. If you think it's so easy and lucrative then spend some time doing it vs. good pilots. You'd be a sitting duck. Even good, not expert pilots usually cannon me out of the nest before I even get lock.

Yeah, it was a rhetorical question indicating that you tend to cherry pick your facts.
          Don't patronise me, the missile is the crux of the debate is it not?

Those are exactly the implications of your definition. While it's true that BF2 has a realism balance it doesn't say anything about team vs team balance or vehicle vs vehicle balance. The definition is useless in this debate.
          Aah, NO. Balance as I defined it refers to "balance" as used in BF2 discussion. Balance as used in BF2 discussion generally is the tradeoff between real life - and gaming to make the game work. Balance is also used to compare map advantages and disadvantages etc too.

Operation Flashpoint has been out for 5+ years.
          Operation Flashpoint is crap, I'm talking about doing it properly.

Comment

Working...
          X