Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What changes to Claymores would you like in 1.31?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What changes to Claymores would you like in 1.31?

make their damage greater. It's stupid that a teammate can trip one, and not be blocking the explosion, but you walk by at the same moment. 10 ft away, and not get killed.

Comment

Claymores are part of the game and are almost alwaysin the same spots. They are like snipers once you learn to avoiud them they are not too much of a problem but not always.

The only change is I'd like to be able to move my own claymores or detonate them with a nade if they are the enemies.

Comment

I have not played for about five months until yesterday! I installed all of the patches and then grabbed my gun...

now I have to admit: it was not fun at all. i know that my fingers became very rusty and I need to put some oil in my joints, but i also noticed these gameplay related problems:

- Calymores are a real problem. why? because everyone is a sniper. All snipers walk with the claymores in their hands. This sux and not enjoyable at all. Claymores should be destructable. They should not be friendly with your teammates so the people can be more conservative with them.
        - Vehicle drop is a stupid thing. i did not see a commander dropping a vehicle correctly. it is always either trapped in a specific place or on the carrier or the choppers' pads and runways. This is stupid.
        -I am glad that squad hopping is gone, but there is a lot of things they can do to enhance it. They did it in a way such that many legitimate things cannot be done quickly now. This is a fast paced game. The people need to get together more quickly.
        -I know I already got off-topic: but I cannot forget that the J10's are also a problem especially on Wake.
        The game seems to be perfect otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by White*Feather*67
          Give snipers only 1 claymore not 2.
          Actually, you should give them none.

Remove all bullets from all rifles/pistols.

No more AT rockets/TOWS/Mavericks

No knives/grenades/fingernail clippers

No jets/AA missiles/MK-82 bombs

No stinger/Linebacker/Tunguska/IGLA

No ammopacks/med bags/wrenches.

No vehicles/armor.

No sharp edges.

Flat maps, no objects of any kind.

Did I miss anything?

Has anyone ever heard of a medic? When you have one in your squad, and you get blown up by a claymore, guess what? He can revive you! No kidding!

Comment

The game will be a newbie TK fest if claymore TK was on. Not because snipers lay them everywhere, but because most BF2 players are thick as **** and will STILL walk into your deployed claymore.

Comment

destructible, nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Rabbit
                The game will be a newbie TK fest if claymore TK was on. Not because snipers lay them everywhere, but because most BF2 players are thick as **** and will STILL walk into your deployed claymore.
                Thats what I used to hate most about playing sniper. Even when you typed it in caps over all chat the person still comes up the ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by USI_Krusher
                  Actually, you should give them none.

Remove all bullets from all rifles/pistols.

No more AT rockets/TOWS/Mavericks

No knives/grenades/fingernail clippers

No jets/AA missiles/MK-82 bombs

No stinger/Linebacker/Tunguska/IGLA

No ammopacks/med bags/wrenches.

No vehicles/armor.

No sharp edges.

Flat maps, no objects of any kind.

Did I miss anything?

Has anyone ever heard of a medic? When you have one in your squad, and you get blown up by a claymore, guess what? He can revive you! No kidding!
                  its mr grumpy!

make them destuctable again

btw out of curiosity if you put a pack of c4 ontop of a claymore who gets kill assist?

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro Satanus
                    Thats what I used to hate most about playing sniper. Even when you typed it in caps over all chat the person still comes up the ladder.
                    Yeah!

If they were made destructable, it should take more than just a few bullets to destroy. They are supposed to be area denial weapons, unseen death. Not merely a slight hinderance.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck
                      Also agreed.
                      Yay I'm popular!!

Comment

Originally posted by LaGrenouille
                        Yay I'm popular!!
                        No sir, your idea is popular.

As long as they don't change AT mines, I think how they are now is good.

I hope, they allow SpecOps to pick up C4 with the 'G' command, but should run though an animation of 3 seconds.

Snipers should be able to pick up claymores by pressing 'G' as well, just should run though an animation of 3 seconds.

Engineers can already wrench up claymores, but can't lay them down again.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor
                          =As long as they don't change AT mines, I think how they are now is good.
                          You cant change one without the other, this is a downside to the way they are both coded, if you make Claymores destructable you also make mines destructable (remember the way that made mines obsolete before when they were destructable)

Originally posted by Fakesound
                          That doesn't make sense, it's an explosive device for infantry. If it were made possible to remove them it would be better from the non danger side else they would just run around with a wrench out til they saw someone
                          Engineers can ALREADY remove them from the rear but the way they are spammed atm in alleys and doorways its almost impossible to get to the rear of them. Honestly if an engineer always had his wrench out he would die so much it would make it pointless, but IF he knew where the claymores were and had backup then he could select it as neccersary

The simple fact is that claymores are very rarely used defensivally anymore and more often snipers just run about on the front line wit hthe claymores out ,as soon as they see someone the drop one and run off making it impossible to counter. The last time i played Karkand thewre were around 15-20 snipers on each team and yet none of them used there rifles at all more then once or twice the entire match and you really couldnt move for claymores, the bottom line is that it needs a counter and i stand by my suggestion for engineers wrech nullifying them.

The only other thing i can think of is that they add a "setup" time of 5 seconds (or more) to lay them down that way at least they couldnt just run into a group of infantry and drop them without getting shot during the process. This would make them the same for defesive purposes but stop the offensive use of them.

Comment

My solution: we need cluster-mines with nuclear warhead. OLOL :laugh:

Comment

those who complain need to stop playing karkand and other city maps.

or if u have to play karkand stop going for the hotel,get a jeep and drive around over the hill to the left and take the top left flag.

alleyways will be naded ,c4,and pkm so u need luck to get past them a claymore kill hear and there is going to happen you cant stop it.

example A:you walk down a alleyway and a ff-off claymore kills you.
                              example b:you walk down a alleyway and a ff-on claymore kills you.

^whats the real difference??? you still die.

as mention claymore and mine may look differnt but there the same in the eyes of the bf2 gamecode.

so if ff for clay.mine is on then you will die just the same,but instead punish ur team in the process.

yes i play sniper and yes i use claymore's but before 1.2 i did not due to 99% of ppl not nowing what a red skull was,
                              same as the 99%of the players that walk in to a claymore now and then complain.

i always look for claymore's when taking a flag.
                              and if im in a squad with a medic and im taking a flag then i dont mind blowing myself up,and geting revied =teamwork

teamwork +enemy claymore = you have lost nothing but gained a flag point.

Comment

bah, turn on FF again! Then make it so Arty destroys them too! This weekend, I wanted for the arty to clear the enemy flag, then ran in only to get killed by two exposed claymores.

Comment

Working...
                                X