Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What changes to Claymores would you like in 1.31?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What changes to Claymores would you like in 1.31?

Originally posted by LaGrenouille
    make them destroyable, but no TK!
    Also agreed.

Comment

I agree, destroyable withTK as a server option.

Comment

I would actually like a different change to those mentioned - If an engineer has his wrench out then they will not blow up even if he is facing the "danger" side, and he could remove them the same as mines by wrenching them. This would give the engineers something else to do and also kinda emulate RL a bit as a mine/explosive technician (claymores have a trip wire in BF2 mode so it wouldn't be too far fetched to be able to walk up to them if you know what your doing) IF you don't have the wrench out then they still explode so you still need to see them or know where they are first.

I just think this would add a new teamwork angle as engineers are still under-used and Karkand especially really needs the claymore spamming to have a counter tactic.

Failing that it will hard to "fix" the claymores as the mines are classed the same in BF2 so any change will effect BOTH mines and claymores and i would hate to see mines TK again, after all they were all but useless before the change, this also go for the ability to destroy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Teaves
          I would actually like a different change to those mentioned - If an engineer has his wrench out then they will not blow up even if he is facing the "danger" side, and he could remove them the same as mines by wrenching them.
          i would hate to see mines TK again, after all they were all but useless before the change,
          this also go for the ability to destroy them.
          That doesn't make sense, it's an explosive device for infantry. If it were made possible to remove them it would be better from the non danger side else they would just run around with a wrench out til they saw someone (Sniper's defensive tactic is taken from them, unless they have 5.1 and can hear behind them). Also, you can not use a wrench on ladders. I place them to the left/right of the ladders so those climbing to silently stab me can't see them until they're up and over. With this wrench-immortal tactic I'd have to go back to placing in front of the ladder where your defensive rwench isn't in use or you have really fast reactions to jump off!~ Snipers should be able to pick them up from behind too if engineers can. (Steal a mine, steal a claymore)
          Mines don't team kill? It's a bomb with a trigger, anything triggers it, like a fat jeep, it should blow. The big red SKULL AND CROSSBONES IS BAD, so please don't drive over it.
          I like that, we should have the ability to destroy them. A piercing bullet, or an exploding grenade should really be enough. Unfortunately the only way is to take one for the team or walk a mile around it. yay... walking... SoOOo entertaining

Comment

TK friendly!!! ABSOLUTELLY! What stupidity is that, a stupid claymore, a peace of metal full of explosives can not see the difference between the enemie and a friendly. TK FF all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Pilo-II
              TK friendly!!! ABSOLUTELLY! What stupidity is that, a stupid claymore, a peace of metal full of explosives can not see the difference between the enemie and a friendly. TK FF all the way!
              Unless the dog tags had a code inside them, like USMC, and the claymore's had inbuilt sensors that would prevent it from exploding then yes that would work. If an enemy walked by while you were still infront of it then it'd explode, you die.
              Unfortunately it's a stupid chuck of metal, completely lacking in personality, and will blast the **** out of you

I like the Maxed @ 2 comment Alpha, keep it so

Comment

I'm sick of the gaymore whoring. It's got to stop. I think they should set it back to the way it was when the game was released...it blew up, no matter who was in front of it.

Comment

Make em destructable eh! Before BF2 I was used to destroying them because you can do that in BHD and Joint Operations

Comment

Make it so they don't disappear and have a different icon for them, mines, and C4.

If you step in front of a claymore you can *see* is there becasue of the icon, you deserve to get splatted.

Comment

Originally posted by Slocum
                      they need to tk, cause i mean right now players are putting them every where!! all b/c they wont kill friendlies, so its a win win situation for them.
                      I second that.

Comment

I agree with engineer with wrench being able to dispose of a claymore, possibly while proned, dont make them destructable but make them disposable by engineers TK server side option as it is at the moment

If I place a claymore down defending my rear arc while I shoot to the front, i dont really want ot to blow me up when I move position, surely I would know where the trip wire was!?!!

Comment

Change so they TK teammates, and are destructible.

Comment

Remote detonated, same damage as they are now, just have to be detonated by the sniper. This would get rid of ditching them and running off and you could create some great ambush situations. Also they have to be destructable.

Comment

Originally posted by HoodyHoodRat
                              Remote detonated, same damage as they are now, just have to be detonated by the sniper. This would get rid of ditching them and running off and you could create some great ambush situations. Also they have to be destructable.
                              Minus the destructable, AND less damage, AND one way direction, thats C4..
                              Claymore's are intended in this game to be a defensive cover behind your back when your sniping. It'd be a guessing game to know if someone's climbing the ladder behind you.

Good comment would be that YOUR claymore is disposible by you. Detonating gives away your position, and I move around alot as a sniper, would be nice to take my unexploded claymore with me, AND so others can use the map point later.. Picked up from the non danger side.

I like the comment on a different symbol (maybe not blue), that could show the direction of the explosion to friendlies.

Teamkilling is fine, it only makes sense. Not being able to destroy it doesn't make sense

Comment

Destructable but TK's that should be a server-side option

Comment

Working...
                                X