Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New 1.3 awards requirements?

Award changes are for two reasons.

1. BF2142 is coming out. If people haven't gotten everything in BF2 yet, they would rather pursue the rest of BF2 rather than starting COMPLETELY over in 2142. By lowering the ranks, die-hard and veteran players can "complete" the game, so to speak, thus moving on to 2142 in the fall.

2. Stops stat padding. Why do you need to stat pad if the requirements are ACTUALLY feasable?

I'm all for it. Like I said, it allows me and others to actually play the game for how it's meant to be played, and it also allows me to realize that I CAN get all the awards AND have a life at the same time. It's a beautiful thing!

And for all this talk about nubs getting the awards, etc . . . Think about it. 150 hours in a chopper is still an INSANE amount of time for the average player who has a family and job to tend to. Not only is it 150 hours in a chopper, butin a plane AND Armor. Listen, and listen carfully, "nubs" STILL will not be able to get the expert, hell, even all of the veteran badges right away.

You have to understand that forum participants are DIE-HARD players. There's something like over 200 thousand BF2 players. Maybe a quarter to 1/3 of them will be able to get all of the badges, or even be affected by the change.

Let's get real people. Badges don't show your skill. People stats pad for them all the time, that doesn't mean they're a skilled player.

Simply think about this as an opportunity to "complete" BF2, and enjoy playing the game just like you used to play desert combat or 1942, where awards weren't.

Hell, there's still high ranks that need to be achieved, which 200,000 is out of the reach of a LOT, MORE THAN HALF of the BF2 players.

2 relatives of mine who play the game have a full time job and a family to tend to. One has been playing since the game came out, the other was playing since August. NEITHER of them have reached 8,000 points yet, and NEITHER of them CARE about awards.

I tell them all the time to try and get them, they say they don't want to be bothered - they just want to play the game.

What may seem easy to you, or hell, this whole forum does not mean everyone will get the awards. It will still be hard for people, and even impossible for some.

Most of this forum is made up of teenagers who are still in school. As teens, you guys live for this stuff. However, like I experienced, once college starts and work starts, BF2 goes way down on the priority list; I know as it happened to me.

So to stop this post from being any longer, stop crying about the awards. Those who have the more advanced awards will still be recognized. EA isn't giveing any awards out. The last time I checked you still needed ONE HUNDRED hours PER kit! I still have to work for those hundred hours, just as I have to do for the vehicles.

Comment

Probably took the lazy way out. Now when the awards do not need stat padding, why keep the stat-pad servers (knife/pistol servers etc)?

Comment

Originally posted by jnick

1. BF2142 is coming out. If people haven't gotten everything in BF2 yet, they would rather pursue the rest of BF2 rather than starting COMPLETELY over in 2142. By lowering the ranks, die-hard and veteran players can "complete" the game, so to speak, thus moving on to 2142 in the fall.
        winner...

Comment

As my mate Daz said to me on Xfire, At least we can still look at the dates of our awards with pride. e will know who had what pre 1.3 and who had what after 1.3

Comment

Originally posted by jnick

I think you hit the nail on the head right there, it's exactly how I feel.

Comment

same as jnick ^^

great news

Comment

Well the new requiremants not bad afterall, but still sucky for those who were badly trying to get some of their insane badges. I would be happy to see everyone's stats to be reseted or at least forced to start a new account to play ranked

Comment

Originally posted by pYura
                  Well the new requiremants not bad afterall, but still sucky for those who were badly trying to get some of their insane badges. I would be happy to see everyone's stats to be reseted or at least forced to start a new account to play ranked
                  Resetting stats at this point in the game's life would literally kill off half the fanbase but I think you know that

Comment

LOL! this is just his guess on what will happen

dont take it so seriously

Comment

"Basic Explosive
                      Lowered from 13 kills to 5 kills in a round"

Is this for real!?!?!?

Comment

I love it when people repost very long OP's :evil:

LETS SEE IT AGAIN SHALL WE

Let's not

THIS PAGE IS ALL MINE MUHAHAHA

No it isn't.
                        Spam is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Idaeus
                          "Basic Explosive
                          Lowered from 13 kills to 5 kills in a round"

Is this for real!?!?!?
                          No It's not FFS; it's HIS guess, who cares...

Comment

Originally posted by {USI}_DirTyDeeDs
                            THIS PAGE IS ALL MINE MUHAHAHA
                            You made me Rofl ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Rub-UFS-
                              Look at it this way, if this is true you will have 1,000 Generals instantly. This just really sucks for people, such as I, that worked real hard to get the tough badges with the difficult requirements. It sets you apart from other 'non-skilled' players. I think awards should be there to show what you've accomplished and learned. And like a statement that was said above... "Just because the badge is there, doesn't mean everyone has to get it." These should be EARNED. I really don't like this, and I hope most is false.

Geez, if EA continues this pace of lowering the requirements all the nubs that join a ranked server for the 1st time will be bombarded with badges.

Less and less skill will be needed to fulfill requirements in this game. It's a shame.
                              ffs, when will ppl understand that it's not your awards that measure your penis/skills.

Comment

Not bad but, expert explosives at 30 is still too much, and the WCR should have like 800 wins or something 200 seems a little low.

Comment

Working...
                                X