No announcement yet.

EA/DICE: Squad hopping IS an exploit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EA/DICE: Squad hopping IS an exploit...

I think people confuse teamwork and winning.

Oh, and yes, bf1942 did have more teamwork going on, then in most current BF2 rounds. Which is odd, because 42 had zero teamwork tools to work with, and BF2 is filled to the extreme with them.
    I simply dont get it, myself.

Comment

Ha. they are going to fix something I am to slow to have thought of doing. I must be the dumbest player playing. Know wonder I never got on very well with squads LOL. I will give it a go tonight, before it gets stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by HowieMandel
        I think people confuse teamwork and winning.

Oh, and yes, bf1942 did have more teamwork going on, then in most current BF2 rounds. Which is odd, because 42 had zero teamwork tools to work with, and BF2 is filled to the extreme with them.
        I simply dont get it, myself.
        yea I know, remeber ohoma beach?
        dam as allied side you had to work as a team.
        or you would get raped so hard, but still the server was always full

bugs ohoma beach server 24/7 Team death match
        2500 ticks

mine major score was above 355 (It didnt want to go up higher)
        my score was 388 or something on bf1942 tracks that day.
        without ammo spamming or something only kills that counts and flags

and the nice thing was nobody complained about raping., they just keep trying to get through the defense also they defend other people spawns.

Comment

Originally posted by -iLL*NaYmL3sS
          lol, all the best players in the game signed it. all the top clans, you'll see, rummage through it, including me. And i'm not the best player, but i'm no "noob".
          being in a "top clan" almost assuredly excludes you from being a "best player"... If these "super amazing awesome top clans" got where they are because they know the perfect sequence of leave/join/spawn then I'm not interested in their opinions on game balance and exploits.

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
            being in a "top clan" almost assuredly excludes you from being a "best player"... If these "super amazing awesome top clans" got where they are because they know the perfect sequence of leave/join/spawn then I'm not interested in their opinions on game balance and exploits.
            Summed up very nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Pilioka
              Anyone who agrees with this change is a moron. This has been in the game for a year now. Why the hell change it now? I leave and join my squad a lot so I don't have to run for 30 seconds to fight. Why would I want to waste time to play the game?
              If you dont like running 30 seconds to get to a fire-fight then find a team deathmatch game...this is "Conquest" and in "Conquest" the battle-lines are dynamic and somethings there is transport time you must deal with...

I swear, all these "Instant Gratification" kids are trying to impose their lameness on all of us... If you cant accept that poofing into existence at a squad leader because you flip-flop like John Kerry in and out of squads all day, is, at the very least, "exploit'ish" then you are hopeless.

Find a new game, I heard there was a new Quake 4 patch coming soon.... and hey, they dont even have respawn timers... its just FRAG FRAG FRAG!!!

Comment

If you dont like running 30 seconds to get to a fire-fight then find a team deathmatch game...this is "Conquest" and in "Conquest" the battle-lines are dynamic and somethings there is transport time you must deal with...

I swear, all these "Instant Gratification" kids are trying to impose their lameness on all of us... If you cant accept that poofing into existence at a squad leader because you flip-flop like John Kerry in and out of squads all day, is, at the very least, "exploit'ish" then you are hopeless.

Find a new game, I heard there was a new Quake 4 patch coming soon.... and hey, they dont even have respawn timers... its just FRAG FRAG FRAG!!!
                team deathmatch is olmost the same dude as CQ

only no ticketbleeding.
                only points will be taken off if you shoot somebody death.
                so there is not realy a big differnce only you can play the match freaking long.
                -----------------------------------

if you don't no the difference between CQ and TDM then you STFU and play an other game

CQ=take a falg to let the tickets to bleed
                TDM for bf= kill somebody to let bleed the tickets

Comment

fine, normal moronic deathmatch then... whatever, just leave us alone, lol.

Magically poofing around the map is not tactics (Please, it isnt tacktick)....its exploiting, and I know so because the people who made the game said so....this is a lesson in acceptance... or activism.... prove its a big deal to you and quit...we will think more of you if you quit over your convictions than if you whined on 3rd party message boards...

Comment

guess what squadhopping is just a nice tool and tacktick what is used by many competive plays. for fun and competive you know.

fine, normal moronic deathmatch then... whatever, just leave us alone, lol.

Magically poofing around the map is not tactics (Please, it isnt tacktick)....its exploiting, and I know so because the people who made the game said so....this is a lesson in acceptance... or activism.... prove its a big deal to you and quit...we will think more of you if you quit over your convictions than if you whined on 3rd party message boards...
                    no death match is radom spawning and everybody is your enemy and that doesn't suit BF2&bf1942 because this is no quake 1/2/3/4

mahh so get around the enemy defense and let people spawn on you is no tacktick blalbalballabla

Comment

• Re: EA/DICE: Squad hopping IS an exploit...

If the clans are all against it, they can mod the game for competitions. There is already mods out there for competitions as far as I know. What is the freaking problem?

The only gameplay this is going to affect is public ranked servers. Is the real reason that some clans are against it is because they won't be able to use the "rolling squads of medics with G36E's" tactic on Karkand anymore in pubs? Do they have to "prove" to themselves that they are superior to the public players by continuously spawning, reviving, and rolling their way through flags?

Comment

Lmao i know for a fact this will not effect any clan thats half descent but ill put money on it that pubbers are going to have a much harder time come this new patch. Lets just see what happens after the patch is released im totaly against what there doing and i can see a big kick of like what happend after the 1.2 and maybe even a role back.

Comment

After reading everything I have to agree with the supporters for giving squadleaders points based on their squad. Now that squadleaders are forced to be kept out of the action, they should get points based on the average score of their squad and maybe a 2x bonus if they come in as best squad.

I don't see this being a good tactic unless there are lots of squadleaders of the noble type willing to go server to server because noone wants 2 points for 30 minutes worth of work.

here are the pros and cons I see to the new system:

Pros:
                          squads will work together much more.

people will join squads if they ever hope to get anywhere.

no more single guys going off and having their whole team spawn on them.

Cons:
                          unless you've got a good player as the squadleader, good luck getting him to a good spot.

Squads will be on their own and easier to kill. (might be a pro and con depending on your side)

Squadleaders will get nothing more than some kind of self gratification.

Squadleaders won't be helping the "team"; You're team will just be your friends in your squad; why care about anybody or anyplace not within reasonable walking distance?

if you managed to survive your entire squad getting killed to get to that rear spot, you'd have to wait until they spawned, left/joined your squad, and died again, to get them all back to your spot. Seems terribly inefficient.

Actually, doesn't really do much if your squad doesn't stick together.

That's about all I came up with, but there should be more than self gratification to look forward to when commanding a squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Krysiss
                            Why would I explain, I have played it the game for 3 years
                            and most of my old bf1942 people clan and pub players say that the avarge player is much dummer then in bf2.
                            There were smacktards in BF1942 too. But the game was kept alive by a community after the smacktards moved on to new games. This has not happened yet with BF2, but removing squadhopping could help

explain: because of experience, and this experience I took with me from bf1942 to bf2 is now tottaly different.
                            Well we agree that it's totally different.
                            But IMHO it's the game which makes the difference - not the people. And in particular it's the squadhopping aspect of the game which turns it into something that was never intended by the developers.

no death match is radom spawning and everybody is your enemy and that doesn't suit BF2&bf1942 because this is no quake 1/2/3/4
                            Well if you've ever seen a clanmatch 12vs12 and each team has like 10 open squads (10 mobile spawnpoints) then IT IS LIKE QUAKE!!! Totally stupid, but thank god it's over soon...

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrown

Well we agree that it's totally different.
                              But IMHO it's the game which makes the difference - not the people. And in particular it's the squadhopping aspect of the game which turns it into something that was never intended by the developers.

experience is everything. And people are the biggest factor for expierence, a nice gameplay factor is teamwork because if they don't work together they loose and instead of doing that. They canne whine: baserapers,spawnrapers,haxors,bunnyhoppers,m203 noobs

that my big expierence on public play for bf2 and forums
                              and the other expierence what I have take with me from bf1942

nice tacktick or gf=goodfight.
                              To mention that, many times if I head a 1 on 1 they say gf and I say tanks.
                              and that you don't hear much often anymore.
                              and 85% less whining of course

in bf1942 they realy fixed nice dam bugs like the supermanbug or the bunker exploit

and added 7 maps 1 army and a game mode and some nice guns.

also that dolpvin diving issue:
                              be glad because you cold easly take enemey's out when standing and walking left and then to the right and then back. ( the nice 2 hitboxes)

you cold easly kill 5 people if you where good.
                              I know that because people didn't know that the player model head only to hitboxes. so always aiming for the head. with little burst.
                              and the job was done.

Comment

...4. Open season on Squad Leaders. Kill the squad Leader, kill the squad....
                                This is not entirely true. If you have a medic in your squad, he can revive the squad leader and carry on.

Comment

Working...
                                X