No announcement yet.

EA/DICE: Squad hopping IS an exploit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EA/DICE: Squad hopping IS an exploit...

A nice quote

NO sir, I do not like this feature being removed. 4 reasons w/sub arguments.

1 Decreases score per minute
    2 Longer walking time to positions = less play.
    3 Arty on any squad that works together as a tight group. Discourages teamplay.
    4 Open season on Squad Leaders!

1 You may call this an exploit. I call it a feature of the game. I like to stay in the action or in the kill zone. Because fragging people is what gets points. EX. So me and my partner will work a sniper group of two on Great wall. Opponets take a flag. Our team isn't able to get to that flag fast enough to defend it or take it back. Only me an him are there. We can not take the flag as a duo of snipers but we can maintain pressure on the location by keeping the enemy busy long enough for them to get there and take it. Its the ability to respawn on the other if one is knocked out that keeps our small squad alive and providing pressure for the win. That is not an exploit. That is a multi-pronged attack on a location, otherwise known as teamwork.

2. I play this game to shoot at other people not to walk from place to place. This patch will force players to walk very long distance to get to fragging action. This translates to a score per minute decrease and long boring hours of walking to a kill zone that might not be there when you arrive. If you are the one smart enough to create your own kill zone others won't join you. Hence you die fast.

3. If you want to stay in a coherent close knit squad, you will be a target for artillery. Free kills for the commander. Commanders already get to many points, especially after the 20th kill with artillery they get a point for every kill(And they are doubled if you win!). Translation, commanders will get gold almost every round. Another way of looking at it is people will not want to join squads if they are targets. Translation discouragement of teamwork.

4. Open season on Squad Leaders. Kill the squad Leader, kill the squad. The best analogy I can think up now for this is that a SL is like a barracks or construction yard in a C&C RTS. Just take it out and you win. Throw nades over the squad, the leaders is just hanging in the back, he blows up. Their squad is dead. If he stays back there dodging nades, he gets no points. So why be squad leader? If he moves forward with his squad, he gets shot, the squad is dead. I don't know about you but I am not about to take a bullet for a stupid squad leader. Translation, stagnation of game play at certain areas on the map and a whole lot of walking for team.

Whether you like my opinion or not, I don't really care. I will miss this feature but I will adapt. I also think this was stupid on part of EA and will hurt the community more than it helps, but as Albert Einstein said in the C&C Red Alert Intro; "Time will tell. Sooner or later, time will tell."

Originally posted by Batausu
    This is not entirely true. If you have a medic in your squad, he can revive the squad leader and carry on.
    Edit: where is the original post??

wich post do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Krysiss
      wich post do you mean?
      This post.
      Anyway, a medic will be of outmost importance in a squad, to revive the squad leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Batausu
        This post.
        Anyway, a medic will be of outmost importance in a squad, to revive the squad leader.
        In bf1942 the impotants class was a medic.
        now the main kit will be medic again in battlefield 2.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
          This is actually going to make teamwork worse..

When you can squad hop, that helps your whole TEAM move forwards... if you are restricted to one squad, you will be losing alot of ground, and waste time running.

I really hate this idea...
          I agree. I bet that in all the leagues it wont be used, due to the fact that clans are all use to squad rotation in capping of flags. EA if you remove it I swear to god. I will never by a single product from you fags again.

Comment

In bf1942 the impotants class was a medic.
            now the main kit will be medic again in battlefield 2.
            It already *is* the main class. What do you see more of, assaults or Medics with G36E's?

Comment

Originally posted by KurtisMayfield
              It already *is* the main class. What do you see more of, assaults or Medics with G36E's?
              in clanwars I mean.

support you see often you know

Comment

lame =\

Comment

Originally posted by Strega
                  lame =\
                  explain?

Comment

Making late, drastic changes is rarely a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
                      Making late, drastic changes is rarely a good idea.
                      Making drastic changes to already flakey game code is rarely a good idea.

I am looking forward to this for one reason, a complete end to any push on any flag with one arty strike. If I miss the SL, a UAV and a couple of guys will have it sorted. It's going to be retarded easy to defend flags now. No more continuous fun battles, just nice relaxing short firefights, then waiting for them to make their way back to get hammered again and have to start all over. Ok, all kidding aside, SL rotation IS a check and balance against arty/UAV/scan. There's no such thing as "hiding" and being able to rotate is what keeps squads moving forward.

While I agree that squad hopping, IE: randomly selecting a SL , spawning on him, then leaving the squad could be considered an exploit, I think nerfing it and having SL rotation being collateral damage is going to wreck a lot of peoples seemingly good ideas about teamwork.

And to teh guy that keeps instisting top teams are only exploiters, I've pubbed with some of the guys in the top teams, and they'll wipe the floor with you, sorry, but they will.

Comment

This so called fix is not good for teamwork, BF2, or anyone except the people who don't play in a clan or with friends so they can't pull the squad leader switch off.

First let me say, that I have never ever seen a "whole team spawn in a remote area" on a single squad leader. You never get a whole team joining and leaving a squad so more people could spawn on him, it just doesn't happen.

Second, I don't like squad-hopping and I think that works to lessen teamplay. However, switching squad leaders does not lessen the amount of teamwork, it actually increases it. Furthermore, the ability to drop out of a squad and then spawn in with several other people means that the other team must use teamwork to stop you. The people complaining about this "exploit" are the people that can't/don't find a server with people who know how to play as a team and so they whined to EA to fix something that wasn't broken.

As stated already, squad leaders will now earn squat for points and nobody is going to want to be a squad leader anymore. I'm sorry but what fun is it to sit away from the battle and hide constantly? It's not fun and EA in its infinite wisdom will undoubtedly not give squad leaders any incentive to do this. This will lead to one of two things happening. Either nobody will want to be squadleader or the squadleaders will just rambo style it with no regard for being a spawn point for the rest of the squad. Now being in a clan, I'm sure we'll all take turns biting the bullet and being bored out of our minds but when they're not around or for anyone who isn't in a clan it's going to suck, plain and simple.

Also, walking distances are long and unless the selfish people stop speeding off in completely empty vehicles then I'm going to be wasting a lot of time just walking up to the front lines where I'll get killed because my squad leader was hiding instead of fighting and we didn't want to walk for 5 minutes to get back there.

People keep saying that the opinion of the competitve parts of BF2 doesn't matter because it's only 10% at best. Who do you think rents all those servers that you all play on? It's rarely an individual person because of the cost, instead it's a clan. If my clan is paying a good deal of money every month for a ranked server then I'm sure every other clan renting ranked servers out there is too. If EA can't get their act together, they're going to lose a lot of revenue from ****ed off server renters that leave the game and go elsewhere. I have a strong hunch that EA does not make the majority of their money from selling copies, but from renting ranked servers.

Honsetly if I could get all the money back I've spent on BF2, SF, Euroforces, and server costs right now I would and I would never play BF2 again. Since I'm already out that money I'm going to stay and wait to see how horrible this patch ends up being. In a week after the patch comes out and you all are complaining that you can't get off the carrier in Wake/Dalian or you can't get out of your starting point in any other map, I will be back to say "told you so". This is going to turn a fast-paced FPS where you had to think on your feet into a slaughterfest where the only way to take a flag is to get a server full of idiots to all assualt a single flag at the same time. When nobody does it, then you can run 5 minutes again to fail again.

If you don't like my opinion that's fine, but when all of you brown-nosing EA for fixing this problem (that nobody EVER complained about before EA said it was a problem, mind you) are back here in a couple of weeks about getting raped every time you spawn (because you only have your uncappable base and you can't spawn anywhere because squad leaders are getting picked off) then it will be too late because you should have signed that petition when you had a chance because even if you don't switch squad leaders the people on your team that are taking all the flags for you so you don't get spawn raped are doing this and you will get roasted when they can't do anything.

For the record, my clan tolerates absolutely no cheating/exploiting of any kind and people have been let go because of their actions. Swapping squad leaders is not an exploit, no matter what EA says to appease the foolish masses. This "issue" is only introduced to take focus off of the most serious issues in game play, but go on believing what you want about this "fix".

I WILL NOT BUY ARMORED FURY BECAUSE OF THIS AND I SUGGEST THAT IF YOU FEEL THE SAME YOU DO NOT BUY IT EITHER.

Now I'm going to go play some before gameplay sucks.

Comment

3. If you want to stay in a coherent close knit squad, you will be a target for artillery. Free kills for the commander. Commanders already get to many points, especially after the 20th kill with artillery they get a point for every kill(And they are doubled if you win!). Translation, commanders will get gold almost every round. Another way of looking at it is people will not want to join squads if they are targets. Translation discouragement of teamwork.
                          Get your facts straight. A commander gets no team points for killing anyone. Your kills aren't doubled if you are commander, it's your global points which are awarded by the amount of total points your team has.

Comment

Originally posted by -iLL*NaYmL3sS
                            u.s sides fault for letting someone advance to the carrier.

Agreed. When i'm cammander, no one makes it close to the carrier. All it takes is a single AT roacket for boats, a couple for APC's and plenty of spotting so your team knows whats going on.

ON TOPIC: So if i join, say, Gulf of Oman mid-round...there are no USMC spawn points but there are 2-3 squadleaders out there either taking flags or flying in a coffin (BlackHawk), i have to spawn on the ship the first time and sit tight while i could be helping my team?
                            Originally posted by Strega
                            lame =\

Comment

Originally posted by PigPopTart
                              ON TOPIC: So if i join, say, Gulf of Oman mid-round...there are no USMC spawn points but there are 2-3 squadleaders out there either taking flags or flying in a coffin (BlackHawk), i have to spawn on the ship the first time and sit tight while i could be helping my team?
                              Based on what we know at this point I'd say yes, you will spawn and then join a squad and then suicide if you can't wait to get raped by arty or a jet or whatever. Given how easy it will be to stop incoming attacks, death should come even more quickly than now if you stand on the carrier deck for any length of time. Maybe EA will try to make an exception for 1st spawns but that would probably be glitchly and then in a year they'd come back and say that it was never meant to be that way and take it out because it was an exploit. :cussing::shakehead

Comment

Originally posted by VT Nerd
                                Based on what we know at this point I'd say yes, you will spawn and then join a squad and then suicide if you can't wait to get raped by arty or a jet or whatever. Given how easy it will be to stop incoming attacks, death should come even more quickly than now if you stand on the carrier deck for any length of time. Maybe EA will try to make an exception for 1st spawns but that would probably be glitchly and then in a year they'd come back and say that it was never meant to be that way and take it out because it was an exploit. :cussing::shakehead
                                aw nice. im gonna be sure to do this alot so that ea/dice will get the big picture. maybe i may even get to enjoy it so much ill say the hell with squadhopping

Comment

Working...
                                X