Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Instantly switching positions in vehicles should be nerfed

Originally posted by Sloi
    Bullsiht. You're purposefully lying about promoting teamwork to conceal the true reason for the nerfing you're proposing: just so you know, some of us can see through your crap. I'm done with this thread...
    um, ok. i wonder what the true reason he was talking about is.

anyhow, vehicular weapons like the tvgm should require teamwork, simple as that.

Comment

Demanding nerfs for stuff like the Vodnik guns is hillarious. First off, when you switch, you're facing whatever direction the turret was when you last used it, which gives whatever you're shooting at probably about a one-second head start on you. Second, you've got a blind spot, which they can get in to pretty easily. And finally, once they're in that blind spot, they can run to the back of the vehicle and KILL YOU.

They already get insta-owned by practically anything that goes boom, demanding that they be nerfed is ridiculous.

Copters, that should be fixed next patch when they drop like a rock when you switch seats.

Comment

Originally posted by roger smith
        to all you people that are saying, "stop changing the game, i cant win without unskilled gameplay". you need to realise that when someone creates a game, the goal is to make it and get it out the door, its not always shipped with the vision that the creators saw initially. when they patch it closer to thier vision you should embrace it or find a new game.

Well, since it's been that way since BF1942, I'm pretty sure that's what DICE was aiming for.

Comment

this is a good example of a post against this issue, he posted his opinion and why he feels that way, and with no slander at that. well done and you make a valid point. its really all about a crewed attack heli for me.

Comment

I agree that you should NOT be able to switch seats while in the air, period. It's not about skills to me, it's about playability. If you're flying solo, then chances are someone on the ground is wishing they could gun for you. Why not let them enjoy the game and gun while you fly? It just seems selfish and arrogant to deny someone the opportunity to gun because you're a flying GOD. Give me a break. Why not let someone else have fun as well you selfish pr1cks. There are ribbons for aerial service and for every one d1ck who fly’s without a gunner, some guys don't get the opportunity to earn that ribbon. Nice teamwork....lol.

I don't fly for crap so I mostly stay out of the sky. I do shoot pilots down all day long with AA. It sucks because I only get one kill while taking out some uber leet ace instead of getting the two for him and his gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Magnum
              Well, since it's been that way since BF1942, I'm pretty sure that's what DICE was aiming for.
              most of the game has changed from version to version.

Comment

really bad idea

Comment

Originally posted by deadman2312
                  And there are quite a few of us that are getting fed up with coming here and seeing 4-5 different, equally worthless threads by the same guy, while mods do nothing about it.

personally i come here for intuitive discussion, something with a little meat in it. not some lamer with a moustache fetish ideas, or really wet day dreams of how he thinks this game should be, so he can accomplish more. Im AFRAID NOT!!!!!!

the threads are not researched, and not backed up in any way.

out of respect for you Wargimp, i will withhold further comments for my own enjoyment.
                  If you don't like me or someone else you have the option of putting them on your IGNORE list.

You don't understand that by whining about a so-called whiner you are 1) a hypocrite, and 2) you make things worse.

How's that for some meat?

Comment

Originally posted by motorboatJones
                    I think being able to jump from driver to gunner in vehicles should be nerfed a bit. It's unrealistic and it gives too much of an advantage to the vehicle. I think if you are driving a vodnik by yourself and you see enemy and want to stop and switch to gunner it should actually take more than 1 nanosecond. They did that when going prone so why not do in with vehicles? Maybe it could animate it so you exit the vehicle, then re-enter it in the gunner position. If it takes only 1 or 2 seconds, that is better than the almost instantaneous switching that happens now.

I'm sure this suggestion will go over like a fart at a wedding reception, that's OK.

ffs, its just a game...

Comment

MBJ, you can fart at my wedding reception any time.

I think this idea is great because it will stop people from just taking off in land transport vehicles with no support and leaving most of the team stranded at the main base.

Comment

OMG STFU about nurfing or Real ****, its a ****ing Game, Ether get used to it or leave. For the Solo flying in attack heli, go Try it for your self, I have done it and iv shot down any 1-2 man Hely crew at least once. If u say i dont want to learn it then STFU and go play WOW. God dam.

And, i have tried the switching seats in a bomber and use the TV missle, i have gotten good at that to, So Its Skill to be able to do this ****.

Comment

You know what else is unrealistic? Walking next to a non-moving jeep and dropping dead. So is your jeep randomly exploding while driving for no reason, or walking right next to someone and stabbing them with a knife 5 times only for it to do no damage. I'd much rather EA spend their time fixing the dozen bugs in this game instead of pandering to everyone who wants some sort of balance fix in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser_Weber
                            See there were some good points raised but the fact is everyone wants to change things to make them more realistic but then it will be like real life SLOW AS HELL!!! In real life war is slow you can jump off building and parachute down, you cant switch seats really fast, you cant be revived after being shot up..you winers need to remember all you are doing is slowing down the game and making it boering..If you want a slow game play chess!!!!!!!!Don't ruin BF2 for me!

Im all for the no jumping and shooting and the slowing down of going prone but lets face it that slowed down the game a bit, all be it in a good manor, but if you continue to tweak the game like that we might as well go play paintball and when you climb up a building you have to climb down and this will take for ever..EA made it this way cause we all have the attention span of a tic and the game would be too boering otherwise. SO BEFORE YOU START WINING AND REQUESTING CHANGES TO THE GAME THINK OF THE CONSEQUENCES!!!!!
                            true dat

Comment

Originally posted by PHPT
                              Demanding nerfs for stuff like the Vodnik guns is hillarious. First off, when you switch, you're facing whatever direction the turret was when you last used it, which gives whatever you're at probably about a one-second head start on you. Second, you've got a blind spot, which they can get in to pretty easily. And finally, once they're in that blind spot, they can run to the back of the vehicle and KILL YOU.

They already get insta-owned by practically anything that goes boom, demanding that they be nerfed is ridiculous.

Copters, that should be fixed next patch when they drop like a rock when you switch seats.
                              This is all completely true and saved me a lot of typing. Also the magic teleport option does make the the game more cohesive. It always irks me when I get killed in a game because I engaged in an activity that leads straight to a relatively lengthy animation. Tell me I don't deserve the kill when I force a guy out of his vodnik and then steal it from him.

Comment

the problem with debating anything on this forum is once somebody(plaintif) starts asking for changes that people have already adapted to(defendant), the same responses (to not change) come out. then, the same counter-responses come from the plaintif usually 'pointing' at the people using the so-called exploit/problem. debating these issues is a stalemate until we have someone on here that has any real affect on making changes in this game we all seem to enjoy, and is willing to share with us what is possible to change and what is not.

maybe this issue could be changed with no problem, but as ive mentioned before, there is no real way to know whether to keep an aspect of this game or not. no one knows what kind of impact it will have.

Comment

Working...
                                X