Instantly switching positions in vehicles should be nerfed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Instantly switching positions in vehicles should be nerfed

I like the idea, the only place this will affect me is in a vodnik and such, but i rather get out in the first place.

How about if you are in a chopper and the only way to switch is to land, and same with the jet?

Comment

Originally posted by roger smith
      this right here, is the bad part of the community, those who enjoy stagnet gameplay that needs change. its nothing like removing dribbling from basketball, its like making it so you can only step once each bounce. point being that he is totally right, the seat switch speed should not be instantanious, attack helis should require a gunner to tv properly. vodniks should require a 2 man two to effectivly make use of the 50 cal. this suggestion is not asking for things to be easier, its asking for gameplay to be better and more rewarding. you probobly bitched when they fixed the jump shooting aswell. its all about whats best for the gameplay, and insta-switching is not it.
      I'm going to smack you a thousands times if you dare go down the realism road. If you can't play the game in its current form, stop blaming your inadequacies on a 'gameplay problem'. Want realism? Go play R6.

Comment

Some seem to not understand for the most part BF2 is a finished problem, i mean product.

If they implement all of THESE retarded ass suggestions, you will have a game completely ruined, and riddled with more problems than we currently have, do you not get it?

How about you accept the game at its current state, which 95% of all BF2 players dont have a problem with, and let DICE keep working ON FIXES, not additions?

If this were a mod you were discussing then woo fcuking hoo, but suprise, it isnt, DICE doesnt need your help(especially yours MotorMouth, i mean Boat) fixing, balancing BF2. If they took your suggestions, we would have a slow, deformed, fun-lacking, distorted piece of GARBAGE.

Play it as is, or pack it in, and shut the **** up...

Comment

this right here, is the bad part of the community, those who enjoy stagnet gameplay that needs change. its nothing like removing dribbling from basketball, its like making it so you can only step once each bounce. point being that he is totally right, the seat switch speed should not be instantanious, attack helis should require a gunner to tv properly. vodniks should require a 2 man two to effectivly make use of the 50 cal. this suggestion is not asking for things to be easier, its asking for gameplay to be better and more rewarding. you probobly bitched when they fixed the jump shooting aswell. its all about whats best for the gameplay, and insta-switching is not it.
          I disagree. Have you ever had to do something really quickly under duress? Under live fire soldiers move pretty darn fast-like.

Comment

Instant changing of vehicle position is a feature since BF1942 and will not be changed just to suit a minority of players who feel it is "unrealistic".

Plus, any feature such as this is available to all players, thus there IS a balance.

Comment

When a guy stops in front of me in a Vodnik, & switches to the mg, I run around, & shoot him in the legs

peace

Comment

This will only make people use thier brain in combat...intead of just pressing a key and be on a 50cal...if this effects your game play then you should step out on the ground once in a while.

Comment

Will also stop the ones that switch to gunner in a heli

Comment

i love soloing. i think lotsa players will stop playing should they not allow this as well as stopping squad hopping. i dont think i'll stop playing if they stop soloing, but if they stop squad hopping, i think that'll be something hugegantic and really have an impact on who will stop playing the game.

Comment

Originally posted by -iLL*NaYmL3sS
                      i love soloing. i think lotsa players will stop playing should they not allow this as well as stopping squad hopping. i dont think i'll stop playing if they stop soloing, but if they stop squad hopping, i think that'll be something hugegantic and really have an impact on who will stop playing the game.
                      Thats childish if they take away soloing and players quit, wow I take it if all vehicles were removed then nearly everyone would leave incase their 1337 stats will deplete.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
                        Thats childish if they take away soloing and players quit, wow I take it if all vehicles were removed then nearly everyone would leave incase their 1337 stats will deplete.
                        i think it has to do with the interest factor. some people will just lose interest and find it boring. lets face it, lotsa people just play bf2 to solo cause its hella fun. i know lotsa people like that and i dont really think its a matter of maturity.

Comment

You people can disagree with me, that's fine, but you really need to chill with the name calling. It makes you look like you can't debate your position. I laid out the reasons why I think it should be done. I wasn't complaining, I was presenting an idea for debate. If you oppose it, say so and say why you think it's a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by -iLL*NaYmL3sS
                            people always take the easy way out by complaining and get they're way...look what post 1.12 patches did to the game
                            um? made the j10 not so ridiculous?

im almost positive that dice doesnt do whatever "the whiners" say. they know whats best for THIER game. go play cs with its stagnet gameplay, you will love it.

Originally posted by Sloi
                            I'm going to smack you a thousands times if you dare go down the realism road. If you can't play the game in its current form, stop blaming your inadequacies on a 'gameplay problem'.
                            i didnt say the word realism once. its an issue of cooperation, maybe, just maybe, the guy in the vodnikl would actually pickup someone if they thought they needed them for a gunner. this idea is great for gameplay, just like removing squad hopping was. its not about realism, and its definitly not about skills. (my account is rogersmithbigo and im a major). its about promoting teamwork.

ps rainbow 6 is ultra realistic, meaning the effects that would normally happen in a realistic situation are intensified. a bullet hits yer toe, yer dead. anyhow, no, i wont go play that crap.

Comment

I've actually thought about something simular to this.
                              But more along the lines of putting a 3 second delay on all vehicle actions, including getting in and out of 'em. 3 seconds isn't enough to make changing positions worthless, but is enough to adress some *issues*.

Extra fallout would be making ATers a hella lot more happy since drivers in burning tanks wouldn't be able to bail out 'n run for it as easily.

On the other hand, it would put a dent in one of my favorite activities... activly hunting attack choppers with a buggy while solo.

IMHO, this isn't something that needs to be implemented and I don't think it ever will be, but considering the pros and cons in an acedemic debate doesn't hurt anyone.

Comment

um? made the j10 not so ridiculous?

im almost positive that dice doesnt do whatever "the whiners" say. they know whats best for THIER game. go play cs with its stagnet gameplay, you will love it.

i didnt say the word realism once. its an issue of cooperation, maybe, just maybe, the guy in the vodnikl would actually pickup someone if they thought they needed them for a gunner. this idea is great for gameplay, just like removing squad hopping was. its not about realism, and its definitly not about skills. (my account is rogersmithbigo and im a major)

ps rainbow 6 is ultra realistic, meaning the effects that would normally happen in a realistic situation are intensified. a bullet hits yer toe, yer dead. anyhow, no, i wont go play that crap.
                                not so ridiculous? it still is. and they did what whiners say. theres a link somewere they started a thread looking for feedback on the game and what people wanted changed. it was like 28 pages long and the biggest complaint was bunnyhopping and getting raped by 650 ft long tv shots. your gonna tell me they dont listen to whiners? i have the link at home and i'll post it when i get there. im currently at work. and im not the one who should look for a new game, the whiners are the ones who should look for a new game.

Comment

Working...
                                X