Instantly switching positions in vehicles should be nerfed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instantly switching positions in vehicles should be nerfed

I think being able to jump from driver to gunner in vehicles should be nerfed a bit. It's unrealistic and it gives too much of an advantage to the vehicle. I think if you are driving a vodnik by yourself and you see enemy and want to stop and switch to gunner it should actually take more than 1 nanosecond. They did that when going prone so why not do in with vehicles? Maybe it could animate it so you exit the vehicle, then re-enter it in the gunner position. If it takes only 1 or 2 seconds, that is better than the almost instantaneous switching that happens now.

I'm sure this suggestion will go over like a fart at a wedding reception, that's OK.

Re: Instantly switching positions in vehicles should be nerfed

I agree atleast for helicopters.

Comment

hey, dont forget you can also jump in a vehicule in one nanosecond, so you can do the same thing to an unsuspecting vodnik if you jump in an apc. i say leave it as it is.

Comment

Stop fcuking asking them to change the game!

:P

It's akin to saying "ok, we'll remove the dribbling element in basketball (or make it optional) so that those who cannot do it properly won't feel like nubs if they can't compete with those who can". I'm sorry, but you're going to learn how to dribble like everyone else: then you can play our game. Nah, but you're right... let's just change the rules every round so that everyone is satisfied at least once.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
          Stop fcuking asking them to change the game! It's akin to saying "ok, we'll remove the dribbling element in basketball (or make it optional) so that those who cannot do it properly won't feel like nubs if they can't compete with those who can". I'm sorry, but you're going to learn how to dribble like everyone else: then you can play our game. Nah, but you're right... let's just change the rules every round so that everyone is satisfied at least once.
          this right here, is the bad part of the community, those who enjoy stagnet gameplay that needs change. its nothing like removing dribbling from basketball, its like making it so you can only step once each bounce. point being that he is totally right, the seat switch speed should not be instantanious, attack helis should require a gunner to tv properly. vodniks should require a 2 man two to effectivly make use of the 50 cal. this suggestion is not asking for things to be easier, its asking for gameplay to be better and more rewarding. you probobly bitched when they fixed the jump shooting aswell. its all about whats best for the gameplay, and insta-switching is not it.

Comment

About planes and attack chopers - never flight with any of them in real life but I am sure that switch seats there is simply impossible. So IMHO ability to switch seats for planes and attack chopers should be removed.
            I guess it should not have any negative impact on game.

P.S. No, I almost never use any of those, I prefer stay on ground. If god would like man to fly he would give wings to man but he didn't. Did he?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter
              About planes and attack chopers - never flight with any of them in real life but I am sure that switch seats there is simply impossible. So IMHO ability to switch seats for planes and attack chopers should be removed.
              I guess it should not have any negative impact on game.
              i can definitly agree with that.

Comment

I say stop changing things and focus on fixing the bugs instead. The game was never meant to be über-realistic and I don't see how changing the time it takes to switch seats in a vehicle would make the game more fun to play. For me it's the contrary; it makes the game even more slow

Comment

I think whining about the game should be nerfed.

I'm not one to usually say things like this, but honestly, this is the 3rd thread you started in the past 24 hours that is complaining about something. maybe a little practice is single player would help...

Comment

Originally posted by Vidh
                    I say stop changing things and focus on fixing the bugs instead.
                    balance and bugs are equal priority imo.
                    The game was never meant to be über-realistic and I don't see how changing the time it takes to switch seats in a vehicle would make the game more fun to play.
                    this is not an issue of realism its an issue of gameplay. when a guy aims at me as a pilot in an attack heli, and all of a sudden i see the attack heli turn sideways and a tv missile is in my face, its bad gamedesign. it should require a 2 man crew to operate that weapon.
                    For me it's the contrary; it makes the game even more slow
                    go play ut man

Originally posted by Rez_K'awil
                    I think whining about the game should be nerfed.
                    what should be nerfed is the misuse of the word nerf, the thread started needs to realise that nerfing is to make a weapon less effective, it derives from the fact that nerf toys dont hurt but they shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by roger smith
                      this is not an issue of realism its an issue of gameplay. when a guy aims at me as a pilot in an attack heli, and all of a sudden i see the attack heli turn sideways and a tv missile is in my face, its bad gamedesign. it should require a 2 man crew to operate that weapon.
                      Why should it require two men for that? Yes, because that makes it more realistic, right? There are ways to take down those helis you know
                      Originally posted by roger smith
                      go play ut man
                      Go play chess

Comment

Go play chess
                        Hey! Don't touch chess! It is great game and will outlive BF2 and any other wargame and simulator!

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
                          Stop fcuking asking them to change the game!

:P

It's akin to saying "ok, we'll remove the dribbling element in basketball (or make it optional) so that those who cannot do it properly won't feel like nubs if they can't compete with those who can". I'm sorry, but you're going to learn how to dribble like everyone else: then you can play our game. Nah, but you're right... let's just change the rules every round so that everyone is satisfied at least once.
                          if i had ovaries, i'd totally have your baby. i always used to get owned on the ground and i never complained about it or ranted to getting something changed cause i sucked at it. i tried to get better and own them back rather than bitch about it. but people always take the easy way out by complaining and get they're way...look what post 1.12 patches did to the game

Comment

dont see the real problem with this.. it is a game and EVERYONE can do it so...

Comment

See there were some good points raised but the fact is everyone wants to change things to make them more realistic but then it will be like real life SLOW AS HELL!!! In real life war is slow you can jump off building and parachute down, you cant switch seats really fast, you cant be revived after being shot up..you winers need to remember all you are doing is slowing down the game and making it boering..If you want a slow game play chess!!!!!!!!Don't ruin BF2 for me!

Im all for the no jumping and shooting and the slowing down of going prone but lets face it that slowed down the game a bit, all be it in a good manor, but if you continue to tweak the game like that we might as well go play paintball and when you climb up a building you have to climb down and this will take for ever..EA made it this way cause we all have the attention span of a tic and the game would be too boering otherwise. SO BEFORE YOU START WINING AND REQUESTING CHANGES TO THE GAME THINK OF THE CONSEQUENCES!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X