Clear All

Re: TKs % rating??

Originally posted by blade.verzilli TF
    me too,need some math help please,curios to my ratio
    I posted it already, look up like 3 posts

Comment

Originally posted by NorskSoldat
      LOL.. U r clearly not so good in math... No offense..
      Okay, seriously, now it is time for you to STFU. I am an electrical engineer and about 80% of my college classes used math that was way more complicated than a simple percentage determination. I took at two statistics courses and passed with flying colors. This accusation that I am clearly not good at math just makes you look like a damn fool.

Of couse its logical.. Its the only way to calculate it.. Cause, when you kill someone.. It get registered... A TK aint the same.. If u kill one, and gets a TK, it doenst add to "2 kills, where one was a TK".. You get one Kill, and one bad behaviour, called TK
      TK = Team Kill. Someone was killed. Period. Why is this so difficult for you to understand? So, in the round where I TKed one person and killed one enemy, I killed a total of two people. 50% of those kills were TKs. Period.

Now--- To calculate how many percentage of Bad behaviours u exceed, pr. Kill, u have to "make an formula" on this...
      I can't make any sense out of this sentence. Obviously, english is not your first language. Considering this is the case, would you please use real words? It is confusing enough trying to understand what you mean and the last thing you should be doing is making it harder by intentionally using broken english.

I am basing this "formula", at EA´s and DICE stat system, wich is registered at many stat places... Where they count ur KILLS, and TK´s as different things..
      I understand exactly what you are doing and considering it is your made up stat, I can't say it is wrong eventhough no mathematician would use percentage to describe what you are describing, they would call it a ratio.

However, your arrogance that other posters are just wrong and illogical when they are brought up the more meaningful and logical way to express needed to be noted.

And thats my opinion as well, and therfor stated clearly in my first post, so people aint gonna missunderstand it... (I even explained the formula, and still people cant manage to calculate it)... Now.. Okey.. People posses different skills in math.. I am so luck, that I am highly educated in math..
      And I am studying ecconomy now, and loves it.. But I dont assume that everyone is gonna make it, so thats why I tried to explain it in my first post...
      I am not questioning your math skills. You divided and multiplied it by 100 very well. Congratualtions. However, I question your critical thinking skills as you took two numbers and combined them in an illogical way and put it in units that makes no sense for what you are trying to describe.

And if you truly are studying economy it would be in your best interest to pay attention here. We manipulate numbers with math so that they make more sense. The idea is to simplify what you have. A very simple case is if you have 3 apples and I have 2 apples we combine them, we don't say "we have 2 plus 3 apples" we say "we have 5 apples." That is why we have math, to manipulate numbers to make it easier to understand for our current application.

In this case, you are combine two unrelated numbers and making them a percentage which makes NO sense. If you called it a ratio, that would make sense, however, you multiplied it by 100 for absolutely NO reason what-so-ever. There is no reason for the number you are deriving to be a percentage. None. Zero. Ziltch.

Now, it makes perfect sense and is 100% logical for one to divide TKs by total kills (kills + TKs) and create a percentage from that number. In that case percentage makes sense becasue it is percentage of a total. You are taking ratio and making it a percentage which does not logistically make sense in this case. You aren't making the numbers easier to work with, you are just over manipulating them for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by ZackAttack2005
        I posted it already, look up like 3 posts
        thanks m8 ,resfresh and missed youre post ,whoops :0

Comment

Originally posted by blade.verzilli TF
          thanks m8 ,resfresh and missed youre post ,whoops :0
          lol
          its all good dude

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
            hey, I'm on your side.. =)

Yeah, I know u are..

JDSENT: U have 4394 Total kills, and 123tks= 2.799= 2,80%

blade.verzilli TF: U have 5125 total kills, and 91TKs= 1,77%

Comment

175 / 1 880=9%

Comment

Originally posted by exhilator
                175 / 1 880=9%
                you sure...sounds kinda high, can you post a link to ur stats?

Comment

Originally posted by evilzucchini
                  Okay, seriously, now it is time for you to STFU. I am an electrical engineer and about 80% of my college classes used math that was way more complicated than a simple percentage determination. I took at two statistics courses and passed with flying colors. This accusation that I am clearly not good at math just makes you look like a damn fool.

TK = Team Kill. Someone was killed. Period. Why is this so difficult for you to understand? So, in the round where I TKed one person and killed one enemy, I killed a total of two people. 50% of those kills were TKs. Period.

I can't make any sense out of this sentence. Obviously, english is not your first language. Considering this is the case, would you please use real words? It is confusing enough trying to understand what you mean and the last thing you should be doing is making it harder by intentionally using broken english.

I understand exactly what you are doing and considering it is your made up stat, I can't say it is wrong eventhough no mathematician would use percentage to describe what you are describing, they would call it a ratio.

However, your arrogance that other posters are just wrong and illogical when they are brought up the more meaningful and logical way to express needed to be noted.

I am not questioning your math skills. You divided and multiplied it by 100 very well. Congratualtions. However, I question your critical thinking skills as you took two numbers and combined them in an illogical way and put it in units that makes no sense for what you are trying to describe.

And if you truly are studying economy it would be in your best interest to pay attention here. We manipulate numbers with math so that they make more sense. The idea is to simplify what you have. A very simple case is if you have 3 apples and I have 2 apples we combine them, we don't say "we have 2 plus 3 apples" we say "we have 5 apples." That is why we have math, to manipulate numbers to make it easier to understand for our current application.

In this case, you are combine two unrelated numbers and making them a percentage which makes NO sense. If you called it a ratio, that would make sense, however, you multiplied it by 100 for absolutely NO reason what-so-ever. There is no reason for the number you are deriving to be a percentage. None. Zero. Ziltch.

Now, it makes perfect sense and is 100% logical for one to divide TKs by total kills (kills + TKs) and create a percentage from that number. In that case percentage makes sense becasue it is percentage of a total. You are taking ratio and making it a percentage which does not logistically make sense in this case. You aren't making the numbers easier to work with, you are just over manipulating them for no reason.

Again: Dont make ur self an fool, by raking down at my english skills... I dont have english as my primary language.. Look at my Location.. What does it stand??... Ahh.. Norway... Wich means I am Norwegian.. I am sure if u look at a globus, u will find my contry after a little while (Ask ur mother, if u r stuck)
                  I would gladly continiue this debate in Norwegian, or any scandinavic language, if u prefer.. How about Swedish???? Or Danish???.. Pick one..
                  Oh.. Thats right.. U doesnt speak any of those...

Now.. I am gona explain this EASY.. So you might understand it.... All stats are based at EA/DICE´s loved/hatred statsystem (Still following me???.. Thats good.. )

Now.. If u still are following me, than you will agree, that the entire game, is based uppon the developers global statsystem, for the game??? Right???
                  I hope u still follows me...

Now, if the entire game, and its stats are based uppon one, single soruce, of information, wich is also defined as ur stat.. Than what should we base us uppon than??... Hmm.. I am gonna tell u.... The EA/DICE´s in game STAT!!!
                  Now.. I explained it pretty clearly in my first post, how, and why I did it... And 95% of the forum users, did understand it.. Except u, and a couple of other peolple, wich connects "GlobalKILL and TeamKILL".. Cause they both ends with KILL... well... Look again.. The stats are different..
                  You have Good things, wich is called "Team score.. Kills.. Commander scores".. ETC.. And u have bad behaviour: Team kills, team damage etc...

But I asked for the percentage of ur TK´s, pr. Kills, as they are stated in the BF2 in games stats!!!..

Now... You and me cold surely debate forever.. I could say.. Hmmm.. It aint a TK, cause theoratitcly, you only wound the person, when u "so called team Kills him".. What if a medic revives him, while he´s wounded???... He still lives.. U didnt kill/team killed any... But u stikk got punished with a team kill, in ur stats, and -4 points... But I didnt asked for "nig-nag" talks, outside ur IN-game BF2 stats.. I asked for the STATS.. Wich it all are based uppon.... I clearly stated that in my first post, so that people like u (Not being a racist.. :laugh: ) should not confuse it.. But still u mangage to do so...

I am making my point, once and for all.. (Like in the first post)... I am basing my stats uppon the IN game BF2 stats, wich clearly divide global kills, and TK´s... And thats why I asked for it...

Now.. For all of u, wich actually took ur time, to read this TEXT, with a "perfect" :laugh: english grammar, I just have to state.. Some people does have to get fed by a spoon...

Comment

Originally posted by exhilator
                    175 / 1 880=9%
                    remind me not to stand near you :laugh:

Comment

892 / 42,908 = 0.02 = 2%

Comment

Originally posted by NorskSoldat
                        LOL.. U r clearly not so good in math... No offense..

Of couse its logical.. Its the only way to calculate it.. Cause, when you kill someone.. It get registered... A TK aint the same.. If u kill one, and gets a TK, it doenst add to "2 kills, where one was a TK".. You get one Kill, and one bad behaviour, called TK

Now--- To calculate how many percentage of Bad behaviours u exceed, pr. Kill, u have to "make an formula" on this...

Now..

I am basing this "formula", at EA´s and DICE stat system, wich is registered at many stat places... Where they count ur KILLS, and TK´s as different things..

And thats my opinion as well, and therfor stated clearly in my first post, so people aint gonna missunderstand it... (I even explained the formula, and still people cant manage to calculate it)... Now.. Okey.. People posses different skills in math.. I am so luck, that I am highly educated in math..
                        And I am studying ecconomy now, and loves it.. But I dont assume that everyone is gonna make it, so thats why I tried to explain it in my first post...

And yeah.. I see ur point.. Its the same as if u and I were gonna have an "Fist fight".. I am gonna hit u, and u r gonna hit me... Count the hits.. Not the punsh... The same way, as if u would count the bullets fired, and HITS/MISS!!!

AGAIN::: Thats why I asked for u r TOTAL KILLS!!!

(Wich is registered in ur stat.. Not ur bad behaviour+Kills togeher. .And than Find the result of them, brought together)
                        i think it is semantics.. if you ask what percentage of your kills are tks them zuchini is right you need to add all kills up first then factor the tks from that....wouldn't help me though looks like i have the highest ratio/percentage or anyway you look at it....pffft

Comment

Does anyone know how to say "bullheaded' in Norwegian?

Oh and another thing, basing the validity of one's argument on the number of posters that agree with you in this forum is another statisitcal error.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardini
                            Does anyone know how to say "bullheaded' in Norwegian?

Oh and another thing, basing the validity of one's argument on the number of posters that agree with you in this forum is another statisitcal error.

"Drittsekk", is the word u are looking for...

And I have never based anything uppon whos agreeing with me.. I am basing it, uppon the way it were ment to be, and the fact, that ca. 95% of the useres actually did understand it, determed by the terms of EA/DICE´s stat, as explained in my first post.

Comment

i had to register for this. i talked to this guy over msn and he blocked me after i started question his college experience.
                              anyway.

simple steps to understand THE REAL WAY to figure this out.
                              1. load game
                              2. join server
                              3. kill teamate
                              4. check score

you with me? sure? ok.
                              please state your score. im assuming its still 0-0 with a -2 or -4 for teamwork
                              please take into notice that you just killed a person(a teamate) and your kill count did not raise.
                              this means that one tk is not measured on global counts for you TOTAL kill count.

so if you want the TRUE amount of times you killed a person in game you must take your BF2s stat number of enemy kills and add it to your teamate kills.

this leaves you with the formula tk / (tk + kills) which is what EVERY ONE WITH A MATH EXPERIENCE IS TRYING TO TELL YOU.

your way may work for a simple forum comparison, but in the context of the right way to do it, your method is wrong. PERIOD.

there goes my first post :P

Comment

welcome TehArrow

200 posts...movin' on up!

Comment

Working...
                                X