X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TKs % rating??

Originally posted by TehArrow
    basicly put the way you should be saying your case is that you get .00XXX teamkills PER kill.
    which sounds silly in itself

edit: that doesnt even look right. just accept it that our formula is proper :P
    When EA have based its stats uppon dividing Kills and Team Kills.. Tell me.. Why is it silly to find out how big fatality percentage u have for a TK, towards every Kill...

You and this other guy is clearly the only ones, wich does seem to think its stupids to ask for as K/TK ratio, when ur stats are based uppon it

Comment

Originally posted by Teaves
      You are correct, well actually you should round up as the next figure is over 5, so 3.37, but whichever

Everyone else use this formula = Tks (multiplied by) 100 (divided by) total kills
      no...3.4

Originally posted by scknight
      lol, i quit. You win.
      No Dont quit man. Look how can you say 5 percent of your, say, 4000 kills are tks. 4000*.05 = 200 tks. 4000 - 200 = 3800. But your STATS say 4000 kills. Which means you need to add your tks into the kills. We are not saying that they are in the same 'group' but the formula for percentage is (part/total)*100. If the part is not included in the total, then the percentage is irrelevant.
      So the PROPER formula should be [# of TKs/(# of TKs + # of kills)]*100.
      You are on a BF2 forum. How many people do you think will challenge you on something like math?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Blades
        no...3.4

No Dont quit man. Look how can you say 5 percent of your, say, 4000 kills are tks. 4000*.05 = 200 tks. 4000 - 200 = 3800. But your STATS say 4000 kills. Which means you need to add your tks into the kills. We are not saying that they are in the same 'group' but the formula for percentage is (part/total)*100. If the part is not included in the total, then the percentage is irrelevant.
        So the PROPER formula should be [# of TKs/(# of TKs + # of kills)]*100.
        You are on a BF2 forum. How many people do you think will challenge you on something like math?
        lol. I was the first one to argue with Norsk. And I realized it was hopeless, so I quit. I was the one who brought up the whole Actual kills = TKs plus Global Kills

I haven't argued with Norsk since, and I won't do it again. It's just too difficult.

Comment

9335 kills and 325 tk's which by my simple maths makes it= 3.5%

I think

Comment

OK Norsk. YOU brought up hits/miss and the accuracy percentage. YOU said it was Hits/Misses. Now, I have about a 16 percent accuracy (dont make fun of me). I have hit 30666 times and missed 159791. 30666/159791 = .19 But my stats say otherwise. They say 16 percent or .16 Now lets take my SHOTS, not misses, not hits, but SHOTS. I have shot 190457 times and hit 30666 times. Now WHAT is 30666/190457? .1610 or 16.10 percent. Which is EXACTLY what my bf2s says. Do you see your error yet? PART/TOTAL, not PART/BIGGER PART. The latter just doesnt make sense.

Comment

57 teamkills / 2,723 kills = ~2,09
              With a relatively new account

Comment

676 / 22,234 = 3.04%

Comment

11,224 Kills and 621 TKs = 5.5%

I got a lot of TKs back in the day when mines killed friendlies - Hey, if you don't know what the skull means you deserve to die! Punish me while you are at it just to prove what a moron you really are!

p.s. I think using the percent sign is OK. Look at the word "per cent" - it means "per 100", the ratio is being expressed in terms of TKs per 100 Kills. Not really worth all of the argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
                    SSYYYYMANTICS!!!

RATIO AND PERCENTAGES ARE BASICALLY THE SAME THING!!!!!

a percentage is a RATIO....
                    5% of 100 is 5. Lets say 100 shots fired and 5 hit. 5% accuracy. Now 95 misses and 5 hits. 5 to 95 would be the ratio. 5/95 is like 5.2%. Almost the same but not. You cant say that a ratio and a percentage are the same. When the numbers get bigger, the inaccuracy of the 'formula' he put up gets larger.
                    And as for the kill+tk arguement. A hit and a miss are not the same. But they are still counted in the same thing called shots. A kill and a tk are not the same. But in order to get a proper % you must have part/total.
                    But I understand your mistake Norsk, as it is common for people who have gone beyond the basics of math to forget some principles of it. I have done it many times.

Comment

rofl! best thread everrrrrrrr!

Norsk: You are a completely stubborn arse that isn't taking the time to understand what everyone else is complaining about your formula.

Everyone Else: Stop arguing with Norsk. He's a completely stubborn arse that isn't taking the time to understand what you are all complaining about with his formula.

I think it's a combination of the language barrier and Norsk's brain.

LOL. Best Thread EVER!

And YES, arguing about the formula was WAY more entertaining that anyone's results thereof.

Comment

lol lol

Comment

4% It aint that bad and not that good either.

Comment

180 TKs / 7832 kills = 0.023 ("2.3%")
                            None intentional.

I'll agree with the people here that say using % for TKs/Kills (as defined by EA stats) isn't strictly correct but considering this isn't a math (or related) forum it doesn't really matter as long as everyone uses the same formula so that the numbers can be compared.

Also, here's an older thread on this same topic: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32010 .

Comment

What a thread

Comment

This thread kept me entertained 90% of the time. That is a percentage. Ok ..I passed the math test right?

scknight,cardini and friends are right though...

Comment

Working...
                                X