No announcement yet.

The "Random Thoughts" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a lot of backgrounds and icons (even after selling a few over time).

Comment

• Been doing a bit of codeacademy work all day. Have to say had a pretty productive day. My brothers finally gone East so I don't have to take him around SD anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by SgtMattBaker View Post

Someone ought to change their name.
        OK, so I found out a few weeks ago that this was actually a big deal I dont watch a lot of TV and in my parts of the internet the news on this didn't trickle in.

So here is the press conference:

Also, I don't think Horatio ever mentioned what Navy he is with.

I thought it was good.
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

• Originally posted by 5t3v0 View Post
          Been doing a bit of codeacademy work all day. Have to say had a pretty productive day. My brothers finally gone East so I don't have to take him around SD anymore.
          I'm also using codecademy, I'm learning Python.

I bought these two books the other day:

They're awesome and fill some stuff codecademy left out (or unless I haven't reached that lesson yet)

On another topic, there's one thing that really bothers me about the Steam Sale (apart from destroying my wallet) people buy games without knowing what they are about, how the gameplay works and so on...

People on my list are complaining on how bad the graphics and gameplay from Dishonored are.
          When I asked them if they read/watched stuff about the game before buying it the answer was "no, I thought the gameplay was like Skyrim/Bioshock".
          Also, "Why does the world look like a painting? looks terrible" ... I don't even

Comment

• We're moving servers this week. It might already be done already for all I know. That is to say, if things go according to plan, you won't have any idea that the site has moved to a new server.

Then again, this is TGN and when has anything ever gone to plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by SgtMattBaker View Post
              I'm also using codecademy, I'm learning Python.

I bought these two books the other day:

They're awesome and fill some stuff codecademy left out (or unless I haven't reached that lesson yet)
              Good to know. I'm Learning Java (currently up to functions. took a break for a few days) so I'm not up to a stage where I feel I can start learning another language yet I don't think.

Comment

• OK, since TGN was down down I no longer had a way to write blogs. So I decided to start a blog site up of my own using the WordPress site. You can go to it by going to cptaincrunch.com and it will redirect you.

I posted up a couple items and have added some other things and plan to expand it a little more.

Comment

• Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
                  OK, since TGN was down down I no longer had a way to write blogs. So I decided to start a blog site up of my own using the WordPress site. You can go to it by going to cptaincrunch.com and it will redirect you.

I posted up a couple items and have added some other things and plan to expand it a little more.
                  Inb4 lawsuit from "Cmnder" Crunch. Yes, we all remember that cereal box phoney ain't a real captain.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5t3v0 View Post
                    Inb4 lawsuit from "Cmnder" Crunch. Yes, we all remember that cereal box phoney ain't a real captain.
                    LOL WUT?

Comment

LOL WUT?
                      I'm just bringing up the possibility of the Cereal Company Suing you because they want kids who can't spell "Captain Crunch" visiting their website rather than some Gaming Blog.

Comment

• Ohhh, I see

I suppose it could happen, but the domain name has been on the market for years and years. If it was really getting that kind of traffic I would think the makers of CapNCrunch would have took it up.

We shall see

EDIT: Also, thanks for commenting. Now that I approved the post you should be able to comment freely. In theory

Comment

• Managed to get myself a summer break job (was about time) to help pay for college and I need to leave now, can't wait to check your blog as soon as I come back home in a few hours!

Comment

• Oh yeah, speaking of random blogs and review-y things, I recently did a review of Allied intent Xtended on reddit in /r/Classic Battlefield. I also just did a Review of a random Stargate mod for BF2 but I think it tripped the Spam Filter because it can't be seen.

I might repost them here if I can.

Comment

OK, since TGN was down down I no longer had a way to write blogs. So I decided to start a blog site up of my own using the WordPress site. You can go to it by going to cptaincrunch.com and it will redirect you.

excellent!
                              "Crunch's First Officer"
                              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

• Signa! What is that monster thing?

Comment

Working...
                                X