No announcement yet.

The "Random Thoughts" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol. Crunch's origin stories. I'll post mine because I want to sound like a big boy...

(2006) When I first registered with BF2 I used the name "Raptor114", after the Bird, Dinosaur and the Jetfighter. I often used the number 114 in a lot of things. While I still used this one (and if I still played online would still use) I felt it was rather corny and decided to go something more "Me".

(2007/early 08)"Me" translates as wannabe Hipster (or the equivalent at the time), so for a while I played off the fact that I was new in a country (Australia) and started using "Relatively_lost" for a short while as thats how I felt. It later changed to Uhh... for a short while because I couldn't think of a name before being ridiculed sometimes here so I changed it to "Someguy114".

However later in 2008 I noticed that I had acquired the nickname "Stevo" amongst my Australian friends (Ironic, since my real name is "Stephen", without the "v"), and sought something along those lines. Realising that 5nip3rxxakjas;lekfjas;lfjas or what ever his name was (Last time it was =Creepy_kitty= before he was banned) was leetspeech for Sniper I decided to go with a name that combined my IRL nickname with Internet-isms. So thats how I adopted 5t3v0 in 2009. Though the annoying thing is its a common-ish name, so you'll also see my more common alternate: "5t3v0esque."

Actually, come to think of it, I'm thinking of changing my TGN name to 5t3v0esque now, but my BF3 account is still 5t3v0. Though I think there is some guy who makes frag videos who had to use the name "5t3vO" because of me. I got the occasional friend request from guys who thought he was me.

Comment

• Hahahah. I now see I should have created a thread asking about people nicknames origins.

My family was one of the first having a computer with internet here where I live so I was introduced to it when I was fairly young. My brother wanted to create me an e.mail and to teach me how to use it (though he quickly regreted it after I started installing tons of online games on the computer) and his internet nickname had always been "Kurtax" which he abreviated as Kx. So when I was creating my e.mail I also wanted to belong to this "kx" family, and my real life name is one of the portuguese translations of Jimmy. But I was a kid and I had no idea Jimmy was written with two M's, so I went with jimykx. This is good because it added even more personality to the name. Even today I use this for mostly everything and I never had a problem where I had to put numbers in front of the nickname or choose something else because it was already taken. Still, when I create alt accounts I usually go with Jimy_Kurtax or something similar. The only thing I don't like is that in my country people usually read it as "jimics" and I hate that because it should actually be read as "Jimmy-K-X". Thank god the people from the internet sick with just "jimy" when calling me.

I'm also not that big of a fan of Star Wars fan as it might seem. It surely is one of my favourite franchises, but when I registered here I had nothing else to use as an avatar but the "Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies" image. I actually started embracing that and eventually ended up where I am at now.

Comment

• I just like Brothers in Arms.

I've been playing The Last of Us for a while, shit get's real really fast if you're not careful. No spoilers, I just passed through an area full of a certain type of infected and my heart was racing and the sound design wasn't helping ...It was really creepy.

Comment

• This is what my weekend will partially consist of:

Comment

• I admit I haven't played the newer final Fantasies but I'm amazed how much they've changed from the days of FFVI/VII.

Comment

• Homepizzy fo' Total Gamin Network n' CS-Nation. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Git tha sickest fuckin vizzle game hype, peepshows, n' props on a thugged-out everyday basis.

Comment

• The Last of Us Day 2: This game is intense! I've been on the edge of my seat for a while. Sometimes it just gets really creepy, you are actually scared, it's a different type of "scary" from Amnesia ... I can't put a word for it.

It seems to be pretty lengthy too, which is good when you are getting THIS type of gaming experience.
                I know no one will buy a PS3 right now, but if you know someone who has one ask for it and go rent the game.

Comment

• Damn. I've been watching The Last of Us gameplay and It's extremely interesting. It's the only game that has ever made me consider into buying a console. Can anyone explain me how does the PS4 backwards compatibility actually work? For example, The Last Of Us is a game for the PS3, if I bui a PS4 will I be able to play it there? Or do I also need a PS3? I never comprehended what that "Streaming" consisted of.

Comment

• Backwards compatibility is not yet finalized so this may change.

As it is, the PS4 will make use of a streaming service that Sony bought a while ago called Gaikai. It will let both PS3 and PS4 owners stream PS3 games (I'm guessing older PS titles as well will be there eventually if not right from the start) to their consoles for an additional fee. There are some hopes that steps will be taken so that you can pop in an old PS3 Blu-ray disc into your PS4, the system will recognize it and allow you access to that game on Gaikai for free or severely reduced cost. Though that last bit is just hopes and nothing that was ever stated by Sony.

Comment

• Aaah, so that's what they mean by streaming. Didn't know Gakai got bought by Sony. But hey, it's streaming, better than nothing I guess.

Comment

• After 17:30 hrs of The Last of Us ... I finished it!

The game blew my mind, some people say it's just hype and all but no, Naughty Dog delivered yet again. When someone says this game is a GOTY candidate they are not wrong at all. It's up there with Bioshock Infinite and maybe I liked it a bit more ... now waiting for GTA.

This game, even though it sounds weird, teaches you to "respect the infected". You don't feel like a god fighting the apocalypse single-handed, when there's 2 or more infected in the same room you best come with a good tactic because "going in" results in your character dying.

There are 3 types of infected

-Runners: Think 28 weeks later zombie, you can melee them to death quite easily but they will overwhelm you with numbers.

-Clickers (what a nightmare!): They are blind so they rely on sounds to "see". Melee is not an option here, the only way to kill them without guns is grabbing them from behind and using a shiv. You need to crouch and walk really slowly and try to predict their path ... which is hard.

-Bloaters: Like Boomers from LF2 ... but really hard to kill.

When the game puts you against the 3 types in the same room your hearts starts racing bigtime.

No spoilers, but there's a part where I faced 2 Bloaters, 3 clickers and 4 runners ... I managed to sneak through, the water made noise, clickers went bananas ... just amazing.

Did I mention you can't pause the game while browsing the inventory? So if you're low on health and need to craft some health kits you better do it fast. It adds a lot of tension.

As I said before, get someone to lend you a PS3.

Comment

• Originally posted by SgtMattBaker
                          As I said before, get someone to lend you a PS3.
                          Guess I'm gonna have to do that

Comment

• Comment

• what? I'm extremely confused by that image

Comment

• I was going to try to explain it, despite me knowing whats going on but its too early in the morning...

Comment

Working...
                                X