The "Random Thoughts" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Random Thoughts" Thread

damn you guys make me want to play this so bad.
    I already have arma 2 but it's not on steam and steam makes it so easy to manage games

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
      damn you guys make me want to play this so bad.
      I already have arma 2 but it's not on steam and steam makes it so easy to manage games
      I know what you mean, I already had Arma2, I got it free a year ago on greenmangaming.com but I decided to buy it again (well i actually bought Arma CO) just to have it on steam an make it easier to manage it.

You should really play it, I know CO is 30 bucks, but for the little time I played it last night, it's definitely worth it.

Comment

Fuck me that is intense immersion! I finally ballsed up and downloaded all the needed packages last night. Tried to give it a shot but the server wasn't connecting properly, and it was a school night... I know what I'm doing for my weekend though after work!

Comment

I just had an excellent Dayz session with some strangers ... i was playing lone wolf until I found 3 guys crawling, somehow I ended up joining them ... we went into some towns looking for supplies, I found me a winchester ... another 2 joined us ... then we went looking for water, we ended up un a pond and were attack by a huge horde, we all began running and I was the first to fall playing hero lmao ... a zombie started eating me when they came back for me. I entered some kind of last stand mode and killed zombies while they were patching me up ... I just told them to leave me behind and make good use of the supplies I had ... then I died.

It was fantastic ... now back to it.

Comment

Since I know not everybody pays attention to the new announcements up the top of every section here:

Quick note here to say that we have a central location for all E3 2012 news. You can either view it in the forums here: http://totalgamingnetwork.com/forumd...0-E3-2012-News

Or on the main page index here: http://totalgamingnetwork.com/conten...91-e3-2012-hub
            I will then move it all to the General News section once E3 is over or into the individual sections where appropriate. Most news, depending on how much of a rush there is, will be about on par with a Quickhits news post. Straight forward, to the point stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtMattBaker
              I just had an excellent Dayz session with some strangers ... i was playing lone wolf until I found 3 guys crawling, somehow I ended up joining them ... we went into some towns looking for supplies, I found me a winchester ... another 2 joined us ... then we went looking for water, we ended up un a pond and were attack by a huge horde, we all began running and I was the first to fall playing hero lmao ... a zombie started eating me when they came back for me. I entered some kind of last stand mode and killed zombies while they were patching me up ... I just told them to leave me behind and make good use of the supplies I had ... then I died.

*Salute*

I wish we still had the old smileys... I almost shed a tear about that.

Comment

Old smilies? :salute: :carrot::adore::tank::facepalm::musicus::HumpMonke y:

Seems they still work if you remember the code for them. They're there, just click on "More" if you're in the reply window (not quick reply). The only ones that don't seem to be there anymore are the ones from CS-Nation :sad:

Comment

:weesmile: ooooh.... well I'm a derp then.

Well here's for earlier :icon_salute:

And few more questions about TGN/Csnation history:

What happened to the Csnation smilies?

And who was MikeJ?

I've noticed I ask alot of questions about TGN's history... Its funny, on paper it sounds so mundane but It interests me to know the history of the forum that I frequent the most...

Comment

Hey, The Humble Bundle V is live and featuring:

Amnesia
                    Psychonauts
                    Limbo
                    Superbrothers Sword and Sorcery

+ Their respective soundtracks

We all know it's pay 'what you want - charity' so everyone wins. But if you pay above the average $7.20 you also get Bastion. Also, if you pay $1 or more you get a redeemable steam key for the games.

Comment

Hey, The Humble Bundle V is live and featuring:

Amnesia
                      Psychonauts
                      Limbo
                      Superbrothers Sword and Sorcery

+ Their respective soundtracks

We all know it's pay 'what you want - charity' so everyone wins. But if you pay above the average $7.20 you also get Bastion. Also, if you pay $1 or more you get a redeemable steam key for the games.
                      We literally posted this at the same time
                      Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

hahaha well, great minds think alike.

Comment

I came across 4 guys running through the woods from cherno once and just snuck into their group and started running with them. They didn't realize it for over 30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
                            Since I know not everybody pays attention to the new announcements up the top of every section here:

I will then move it all to the General News section once E3 is over or into the individual sections where appropriate. Most news, depending on how much of a rush there is, will be about on par with a Quickhits news post. Straight forward, to the point stuff.
                            Honestly I did notice it! It's good as it is easier to maintain and organize the flux of news coming from E3

Those awesome moments that linear games like cod try to emulate that you can only actually have in sandbox games..... So many good hours playing SAMP RP,GMOD RP,Project reality that make me want to buy CO XD.

Also, I'm not really a TF2 player so I was trading these apparently rare items that I have, the "Genuine Companion Cube Pin" and
                            the "Aperture Labs Hard Hat (Potato hat)" on steam swap and these games have been offered to me:
                            Binding of Isaac or Hydrophobia: Prophecy
                            Dungeon defender key (Ign)
                            DoD source
                            Beat Hazard Ultra.
                            torchlight
                            Limbo

I was trying to make my way through trading and trading traded stuff so that I could trade some of these traded games and finally reach someone willing to trade Arma 2 CO. I do not really know the value of those TF2 items and I do now know which of those games people would have a bigger probability of having someone looking for them. Personally I would go with the Dungeon Defenders, it's not the most expensive on steam but I guess it is the most fun and most wanted. And if nobody wants to trade it for something else of for Arma CO I still win because I am going to have a game I might enjoy. What do you guys think?

Comment

Day 2.

After being backstabbed by some asshole, Im done with grouping with random people. I had a Lee Enfield, lots of food and ammo, binoculars, map and a watch.

After respawning I made my way to a city, never got to the center, just looted some of the outskirts and found an M14 with a red dot sight. Also, found an ALICE pack for bigger storage and a watch. I'm making my way up North, were CoD kiddies don't go. Still, I'm scared of going into a town and lose my stuff. Will report later.

So, lesson learned ... only team up with friends.

Comment

What game are you guys talking about?
                                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                                X