Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The State of the Total Gaming Network for July 9, 2013

So, we're back! Almost.

Obviously the forums are working once more. The news page works but the main site does not direct to it yet and I do not know how to change that. Crrrazzzy will have to do that or at least tell me what needs to be done.

What isn't done yet is the re-organization of the forums. As it is, I think I returned the forum order and forums back to how they were before the site went ahead and crapped itself the other week.

You can go ahead and re-upload your avatars and set up your custom titles and signatures if you want. Or don't, just in case we have do this again next week or some crap.
    • To Do
    • Remove/merge old or depreciated forum sections from public view.
    • Go through the mess that is the hidden forums here to organize/delete forum sections that will never be used again here.
    • Get rotating main page news slider back.
    • Get thumbs up back (maybe).
    • Change to a new server host.
    • Finally get my review up for Magrunner once the site is nearer to 100%.

• Already Done
    • Banned about 50 spambots.
    • Deleted over straight pages of spambot spam threads from OT that began the millisecond the forums were back online the other day.
    • Make sure that regularly "Registered Users" have fewer permissions (a stupid attempt at trying to counter spambots) than Full Registered users do.
    • Get the forums back to a somewhat recognizable order that they once were.
    • Re-added the old smilies again.
    • Set up categories and permissions.
    • Edited permissions per forum for each usergroup.
    • Re-added Total Battlefield/CoD/Valve to the CMS.
    • Removed weird CMS sections and categories.
    • Ran two queries to auto-sort the forums from "Thread Title" (Alphabetical) "Ascending" to "Last Post Time" and "Descending".
    • Re-added proper categories for CMS (Sony, Microsoft, Multi, Other, etc.)
    • Ensure every usergroup has proper read/view permissions for the CMS and each sub-category.
    • Re-add the favicon (if I can find it on my computer)
    • Fix default settings on CMS publishing (All Comments = Yes, Published = Yes, Move to Comments Forum = No, Keep Original Thread = Yes)
    • Get proper links up for Twitter, Google+, and Facebook profiles for TGN.
    • Fix all of my links for posting news to each section since the forum ID's are now different.
    • Re-add custom tags such as the spoiler tag(s), Soundcloud, and Strikethrough text.
    • Make the banner image point to the root URL once we actually have a main page again, instead of the forums.
    • Triple check that proper permissions are set up for users as to where they are allowed to make threads.
    • Make sure that the promotion bump from "Registered Users" to "Full Registered" with added permissions is working properly.
    • Make sure searching works (general and tag searching even though every single one of our tags is now gone...)
    • Get the forum email changed.
    • The main site is apparently back. I guess it happened some time this weekend?

(Items listed in BOLD have been recently completed since this list was made/last modified.)

During the down time I was playing a lot of Cube World. You should check out the freaking God awful mess of a video I managed to splice together the other day.

ooh, peace walker logo. nice

Comment

Originally posted by Zips View Post
      • Already Done
      • Banned about 50 spambots.
      • Deleted over 999,999,999 straight pages of spambot spam threads from OT that began the millisecond the forums were back online the other day.
      Fixed.

Keep up the excellent work. And hooray for a future implementation of strikethrough text. I find that handy at times.

Edit: [del][In DBZ: Abridged Nappa style]Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay![/Nappa] We have strikethrough now! SoundCloud support is a cool feature too.[/del]

Comment

List updated with some things recently completed since the list was first created.

Comment

Re-added two different spoiler tags, a strikethrough tag, and the SoundCloud tag.

Spoiler: 
          This is the first spoiler. It can be used by manually entering the code or by clicking on this icon:

This is the second spoiler. It can be used by manually entering the code or by clicking on this icon:

[del]This strikethrough can be used by manually entering in the letters "del" (without quotes) inside of brackets, just like any normal tag.[/del]

SoundCloud has its own button or you can manually enter the code. Example:
          [soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/devolverdigital/m-o-o-n-hydrogen[/soundcloud]

Comment

Nice , very welcome additions!

Comment

Good to be back.

Comment

Yay the site's back!

Comment

Awesome work!

Comment

List updated once again. Note the items in bold.

Also, it seems as though Crrrazzzy got the main site back up and running some time this weekend! Horray! Everyone go thank him if you see him!

Comment

I dont know if anyone posted this but I have seen where I have read a forum and gone back to the site and it says the forum is not read, but when I go into it, everything is read. Go back and now the forum is marked as read.
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

It's what the current "Thread/Forum Read Marking Type" is set to, I'm almost sure. I've changed it but the setting I changed it to is a bit more server intensive. And I will change it back if it looks like it's too much for the server to handle until the move to the new one is complete.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                          I dont know if anyone posted this but I have seen where I have read a forum and gone back to the site and it says the forum is not read, but when I go into it, everything is read. Go back and now the forum is marked as read.
                          Yeah I noticed that happening to me too

Comment

happens to me too, on other vBulletin sites as well.
                            "Crunch's First Officer"
                            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Is it still doing it? I changed the forum marking type to the database thing it was pre-herpaderp.

Comment

Working...
                              X