This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS: Source Updated - Hello Radar

Just take a moment to let it all sink in. The first CS: Source update in a few months has just been released. The update focuses on enhancing the radar system, fixing the crouched POV bug (whoa!), adding HDR into a modified de_train, and various SourceTV updates.
    • The radar display has been enhanced

• de_train has received a High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting treatment, as well as some bug fixes and layout tweaks

• The players eye height while crouching now matches their in-game player model eye position more closely

• SourceTV now shows the weapon in first-person view

• SourceTV supports the tv_transmitall command

• Assorted exploit fixes
    Restart Steam to get the update. Images are here!

The first two images show the advanced radar with the enemy detection addition. The first was taken right after I rounded the corner and spoted a few of the T's in the Long Hall. I ran back around behind the corner and a few seconds later the "spotted" notifications disappeared. They do not last the entire round, they are time based. The last two images that are up are of the newly redone Middle area, and a visual representation of the new POV when crouched. Perhaps it's not as easily seen in screenshots, but the crouching does feel quite nice in game now.

In addition, you will notice a number of additional changes to the radar. Obviously, there is a "mini-map" view instead of the typical radar design you've all been used to. You can also see what direction your teammates are facing, you can more clearly see who is using radio communication and where they are.

[break="view the last two images"]

Holy crap, Valve actually delivered for once.

Comment

The radar is really damn nice now. Screenshots being uploaded now.

Comment

On one hand, it's taken some of the expertise out of knowing where people where without any landmarks on the radar, on the other hand it's sex.

Also nice to see POV addressed, which makes my mailbag entry null

Comment

peagle wrote..

On one hand, it's taken some of the expertise out of knowing where people where without any landmarks on the radar, on the other hand it's sex.

Also nice to see POV addressed, which makes my mailbag entry null image
          It made about half of the entries null, heh.

Comment

I don't understand why people think this radar is a bad thing or helps crappy players? How does it help a crappy player if he gets spotted and is shown on the enemy radar? Do people not realize that this feature has been in the game all along in the form of team chat and mic chat? I don't waste my time playing in CAL or anything but I'd imagine most of those players have been using voice chat to relay the locations of enemies this whole time. "two T's at double doors!" Or has that also been a noob tactic and I've been cheating this whole time without realizing it??!

Well that settles it, the next time I play cs I'm putting duct tape over the radar and if some nooby asshole on my team tries to tell me where the other team is over the mic or where the bomb is planted I'm gonna tell that cheating sack of shit to shut the hell up >

Comment

i lol'd

Comment

whats the need.............if i played source id be angry

Comment

that's a pretty sick looking radar.

Comment

we shall see!

Comment

Just had a quick blast on dust2. Radar works great, but you're still going to get teamflashed.

Comment

It would be nice to see outgoing flashes on the radar..So you could see where your teammate just threw the flash...

Comment

I didn't find the idea all that exciting, but it being a mini map makes it a lot cooler. I feel like Metal Gear Solid (even though BF1942 and DoD and stuff have minimaps).

Comment

Gpig wrote..

I didn't find the idea all that exciting, but it being a mini map makes it a lot cooler. I feel like Metal Gear Solid (even though BF1942 and DoD and stuff have minimaps).
                            Strangely I was reminded of the MGS radar as well when I first saw it. Glad I wasn't the only one.

Comment

Awesome radar!!! <3 <3 <3 it.

p.s. - NightHawk, if you read this, send me your X-Fire name again, I lost it.

Comment

Working...
                              X