X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, NEW SOTD..

Comment

if only they would do the same for cs 1.6.

Comment

greeeat...so now all i have to do is toss a smoke grenade...point my crosshair at it and once a little dot shows up on the other side of the level start spraying....sounds like hacking is going to get 100x more blatant to me, and people wont be able to do anything about it now cause the radar dots give them an excuse....thanks so much for this update, this was exactly what i feared...defensive and offensive smokes now mean nothing

Comment

If there is smoke no enemy name or radar indication is shown ..

Comment

_shifty wrote..

greeeat...so now all i have to do is toss a smoke grenade...point my crosshair at it and once a little dot shows up on the other side of the level start spraying....sounds like hacking is going to get 100x more blatant to me, and people wont be able to do anything about it now cause the radar dots give them an excuse....thanks so much for this update, this was exactly what i feared...defensive and offensive smokes now mean nothing
            ... and who says they aren't going to update the radar in the future?

Comment

People won't hack any more or any less. Reporting supposed hackers to Valve is also futile as they never accept word of mouth ban requests or demos. So the whole "radar won't let people detect the hackers anymore" is a little moot. You can still easily tell when someone is wallhacking by noticing if the person starts tracking before they even see the enemy for the first time). Let VAC continue to do its job.

Comment

Venom666 wrote..

If there is smoke no enemy name or radar indication is shown ..
                Wrong.

This new radar really doesn't help, it actually hinders. It's zoomed in so close that it's basically useless.

Comment

look, go in a server...throw a smoke...have a person behind the smoke...point your crosshair at them, and wala their name appears...i hope they update it...i like the radar, but this bug is very worrysome. People can no longer creep into smokes for offensive picks...and defenses can quickly scan a smoke, see if anybody is in it, and shoot them. And for the record...any good hacker knows not to track people through the wall, only an idiot would do that....good hackers try their best to mimic actual players while having information that others cant possibly have...people at the highest levels of competition are constantly caught by leagues yet never by vac so dont lecture me on vac doing its job plz...vac could easily update twice as much as it does.

Comment

hmmm yes vac isn't that crash hawt

Comment

Dudes, the new radar SUX big time!! It's damn distracting and doesn't help at all. The old one was a 100 times better. I was so used to it, I used to stare at it all the time.. And now? It looks like a movie in your left corner!

So PLS, if any1 knows how to get the old one back- tell me.

Comment

and wala their name appears.
                        It's "voila," not "wala." Now you can educate all your friends on the new French word you learned!

Comment

ValleymanCan wrote..

So PLS, if any1 knows how to get the old one back- tell me.
                          Is that a serious question?

Comment

ZOMFG!! I absolutely love this 1337 OWN4G3!!! update!!! The radar is 1000000 times more useful now!!! And it also looks really really really sleek and colorful with all them cute little blue and red dots running around stuff!! I LOVE IT!!! T3h new de_Train is t3h 1337!!!It looks soo OWN4G3!!! AND ZOMFG!!! FINALLY!!! THE CROUCH FOV IS IMPROVE!!! YAYA!! No more lookling out of ur groin!!! I LOVE THE NEW CROUCH HEIGHT!! Actually at the eye level now!!! <3 OMFG I LOVE YOU VALVe!! Keep up t3h 1337 own4g3 work on EP2, TF2, Portal and the new sweet pricing system for CS:S! Can't wait!!!

Comment

HeLLy wrote..

Is that a serious question?
                              cl_radaralpha 0 (for no radar)

cl_radaralpha 1 (for no minimap overlay but dots still appear)

cl_radaralpha 200 (default)

Comment

Good call zips. Anyway I really like the new radar. The one thing that i noticed that i didn't like was what he was talking about with the smoke. Using the radar you can "see" right through the smoke. Not too worried though cause I don't think it will be THAT effective when sniping. And I would bet that in some future update valve will address the problem.

Though I am supprised at how few comments are flaming valve. Usually there are more... I'm not complaining though. Seems like a step in the right direction

Comment

Working...
                                X