Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol I was thinking about the same questions.. what's with that leg spread open while shooting position.

Comment

The lightings abit cack too.

Theyre shooting and the right side of his waist is the only side lit up. The havana shots weird to, no lighting coming from the gun.

Comment

Beta.

Comment

Source engine. Should have lighting finalised considering its been in the works for 6 years, dont give me that beta crap.

Comment

And ANOTHER thing... lol!!! About this comment..."Should have lighting finalised considering its been in the works for 6 years, dont give me that beta crap"- azzOr......

It's probable and likely, based on what I and many of you have read and seen the last 6 months, that when Valve keeps thinking they are about done with both HL2 and CS:S, they think of something else the engine can do they didn't think of before and decide to add to it. Looking at the "movie" it surpasses by far what I ever expected with Counter-Strike.

I really don't see that they have ever let me down. Cripes, I've been playing their game for years now and I'm still here. So are you.

Most of you bitching are STILL going to fire your system up today for a few rounds of CS. Let em finish their game..even if it takes a while.

I'm sure the finished product will be worth it.

Comment

And features that aren't implemented now (due to Valve's consideration for lower end PC owners), can very well be added later through Steam.

I'm sure over time things like Dynamic Shadows will be added when the current "High End" PC's become more mainstream.

Comment

Edited by [user="211417"] @ [time="1091331766"]

FightingChance wrote..

If I know my CS lore right, and I'm sure I don't, Cliffe is left handed and either prefers to shoot left handed (which not even many left handers do) or has never shot a gun but believes he'd shoot left handed.

As almost all guns save a few ambidextrous rifles are made for right handers, the majority of humans being right handed (and the majority of left handers shooting right handed because of this.) So the ejection port, cocking handle, safety, etc are all positioned for easy access to right handers, and so that you don't get shells plinking you in the face as you fire.

Unforunately, all the guns in CS are animated and modeled for a left handed shooter. And when they're flipped to the right, the gun and animations are mirrored, so they no longer make sense (it's as if a right hander were shooting a bunch of custom made left handed guns right handed.)

"Shutup FC, no one notices, that's a dumb detail, blah blah blah." I notice - the appeal of using guns that exist in real life in a game is that they're represented accurately. They don't make racing games where the Porsche's have 6 wheels. While I know the custom community fills in some of the holes, it's not a complete fix.

Plus, I'd like to know their stance on hot reloads (reloading with a bullet already in the chamber).
                I like the duals, you shoot one bullet and you have to reload both guns =) I wonder why they dont change those small things. It should be pretty easy and not too time-consuming (I would think), and they are things that are being used/observed many times. Or they dont want to coz they like it the way it is, or its too complicated to change....which 1?
                Seaweed wrote..

they've already said maps like nuke and train wont be converted initially and we will have to wait for them which means constant clan matches on dust2 in the mean time....
                cobble and aztec was on the list too (yep i know aztec isnt official but still, might make an exception) but u must have missed out one news, there will only be de_dust in the beta. They will prolly make the other maps for the final release.

Im going to be fed up with de_dust after the beta, unless its fun shooting the barrels.
                FLyR wrote..

wish the shadows would make more sense though - shadows in games tend to be arbitrary and completely ignore subtle light sources... ie. in the screenshot on the cs newspost the shadow should 'climb' the wall
                i agree its a bit weird...there might be a limit for when the shadows exist =S if the light source is less than X then the shadow is just straight down...i guess we'll have to see
                azz0r wrote..

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/20...screen001.jpg

Whats interesting is whether this is ingame or not. The terroist is standing with his legs open, which doesnt happen. Now perhaps he's using a para and to steady yourself you now stand still with your legs open?
                looks like an ak for me...we've seen a similar position on this screenshot: http://www.csnation.net/image.php?id=29902 if u look carefully in the videos there is a moment when u start strafing where u have a position that looks like this one...so strafing is my only explanation to this pic

Comment

Itsa too bad there are only going to be 8 maps with original release.

de_volare would OWN in CS:S

Comment

Mobius? wrote..

de_volare would OWN in CS:S
                    No, it wouldn't. It didn't 'own' in any flavour of CS.

Comment

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a high-res version of this video?

Comment

Working...
                      X