• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CW ?

Added @ [time="1020982966"]

oh wait, clan wars

Added @ [time="1020983024"]

well yes probably, the new route extends from the end of the cliff to the top of the steps in the CT spawn.

Comment

dust = overplayed

torn = sux ass

de_dust2,cs_italy,and de_nuke are the bomb.

Comment

RockSteady wrote..

you fellas really need to check out de_breakdown. it's sweetness.
        That's an OK map. I think it would be a little better if there had been some ambient sound and better lighting. There's also a very stupidly placed clipbrush in the map (you can get on top of thse boxes and see over a wall to snipe at people rushing the bombsite on the other side, but you can't hop over it, even though the crate you're on is above the wall's height).

If you want to play some custom maps, Clangrounds now has a custom maps server up. The server is located in Kansas City, an has low pings pretty much anywhere in the country (I'm in San Jose, CA, and I rarely get over 300 on my 56k). Connect to the server at 66.28.71.30:27020 or server2.clangrounds.com:27020. There are currently 13 custom maps in the cycle (Havana and Chateau being the only official maps), with 15 more being added at least once a month (expect more next week).

Comment

Jeebs one of these days possibly never.. i would like to do an artical.. but it would have bad spelling and not so good sentence structure

Comment

nice article.

Comment

This might sound stupid to you guys, but here it goes...

DUST SHOULD BE REMADE WITH TORN TEXURES, BUILDINGS, AND THE F-15's THAT FLY AROUND.

there it is, I said it, but saying "dust remake" makes me feel dirty though...

Added @ [time="1020987751"]

Oh yeah, torn would be one of the best maps ever if it didn't lag like a #@$&%^

Comment

OMG DONT TOUCH PRODIGY!!!!!

Comment

if you really really miss the old retail maps and want to play them again. and miss the betaness of cs go here

http://www.langames.net/

Comment

Ace_Of_Spades wrote..

nice article.

Comment

OK, so heres this funny joke someone told me yesterday in the pub next to mcdonalds on the high street just west of lavender square gardens.

Why did the monkey have no brains?

Cuz i boshed him and his brains felled out on the floor.

Comment

Darkhorse wrote..

OK, so heres this funny joke someone told me yesterday in the pub next to mcdonalds on the high street just west of lavender square gardens.

Why did the monkey have no brains?

Cuz i boshed him and his brains felled out on the floor.
                        omg someone translate that fore meh

Comment

In reality if dust was released today, as it is now, as a new map into cs1.4b, or 1.5, all of you would love it. It's a magnet to new players because it's simple, easy to learn, and you can get to the action as fast as you please. The map rocks, I love it, it's just how it's played.

Aztec is also a very good map. It's as close to perfect as I think you can get with mapping.

Prodigy used to be fun, I haven't played it in 1.4 yet, which is kind of weird. I suppose with the jump changes it's a lot better, because of some of the close quarter combat that that map is famous for, atleast from what I've seen.

Overall I think the cs team has done a great job on picking the maps they have, I don't think they've done wrong. Hell, if you don't like the map take it outa the rotation, or play somewhere else.

Comment

The map is too large to some, while there are simply too many paths to others. You never really seem to know from where the other team is coming. The map has a very high learning curve as well. There aren't any wide-open areas suited to a fair amount of sniping either.
                            Even though I don't like de_torn, these seem like the qualities that would make a good map. I hate when a map is ruled by one or two chokepoints.

Comment

Exo wrote..

Aztec is also a very good map. It's as close to perfect as I think you can get with mapping.
                              IMO Aztec will always favour the team that can afford ARs. It's not a SMG map in the slightest. And I always found it a little CT biased as well, but I think that's just me.

The only update I really think Prodigy would need is something to tempt the Ts into planting at the OTHER bomb site (IE non-ct spawn). It just seems that 85% of all the bomb plants on that map are at CT spawn, and the other site is only planted at when there's a handful off players left alive.

Comment

Edited by [user="3134"] @ [time="1020994366"]

Maps are only biased to those teams who have a skill bias. If the T side is stronger, chances are they will win more.

``Aztec may bias the CT's, but the T's have the Ak-47''

It's just about the skill of the team

Comment

Working...
                                X