This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS 1.4 BETA!

Yes, Counter-Strike 1.4 BETA is now publically available through Steam. They are both TEST VERSIONS and shall be treated as such. CS-Nation takes absolutely no responsibility for this key generator. We know it's official, but it has not been 100% released to the public. This is the first major exposure that this ****** will get. Two folks from Valve have said that it's perfectly okay for us to post this, so I assume it's safe and dandy.

Do not download these files if you do not have broadband. This content delivery is designed for broadband; downloading the entire game on a 56k each time you want to play CS 1.4 is not a fun thing.
    • first download the setup. install this program and whatnot. after installing, you have to choose where to place the cache folder. finally you'll get to a login screen. click on create account and enter in your e-mail address.

• download the ****** file. run the program and enter in your e-mail address. you'll get a key. this will be your "special offer key."

• go back to the create account page and type in your special offer key. enter in a password and you're off!

• "subscribe" to tracker and counter-strike, because they're both cool!
    Have fun and remember that CS-Nation brought you this first

I been playing for a couple days now, really great stuff How do you re activate tracker in game though.

Comment

Edited by [user="2065"] @ [time="1015458356"]

Press F1, as all the previews indicate.

Note guys: the ****** has been posted on the public Steam forums and the public HLDS mailing list. We feel that testing shouldn't be limited to those who know about a mailing list or know the URL for the Steam forums. Public is public and we wouldn't have posted this if I didn't know Valve's intent and that this program is official.

Comment

This means an increase of good servers. This is what it needs, i hope they fix all the bugs.

I have been playing for a few days as well, pretty damn good.

They wanted feedback, i think they are going to get alot.

:|

Comment

I think they need to release the game somewhere now also...a server I was playing on today had 6 people downloading the game from it, meaning it was laggy and only about 4vs4.

Comment

Well, at least I got to be an official beta tester for a couple of days.. Now everyone and their dog will have it, not quite as exclusive anymore

Comment

I've been testing for aaages

so laggy.. particularly now. Is this due to greater bandwidth requirements, buggy code or is it just that every cs 1.4 server uh.. sux balls right now?

Comment

I liked it when we where special. I do not feel special anymore

Comment

I feel your pain sped :[

Comment

THIS IS BULLSHIT. Just because broadband isn't available in my area I can't play 1.4. WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT.

Comment

"I liked it when we where special. I do not feel special anymore"

so tru... so tru....

personaly, its ok.. but lotz of bugs and its laggy as hell

Comment

So what does this mean for 56kers like myself? I'll never be able to play 1.4?

Comment

Ok, this just fucking pisses me off. I register for the CSNation 1.4 testers thing, I got the email yesterday. I was so fucking happy, I almost shit myself. Now this just ruins it for ALL the real beta testers. All these goddamned morons are gonna flood the beta servers, and and Valve is gonna be pretty damned pissed. In other words, WTF!

Comment

ehh .. what is steam ? plz tell me

Comment

Edited by [user="2065"] @ [time="1015460228"]

Ratchet wrote..
                              So what does this mean for 56kers like myself? I'll never be able to play 1.4?
                              No. Steam and CS 1.4 are separate. The beta simply uses Steam.

ThrasheR wrote..
                              Ok, this just fucking pisses me off. I register for the CSNation 1.4 testers thing, I got the email yesterday. I was so fucking happy, I almost shit myself. Now this just ruins it for ALL the real beta testers. All these goddamned morons are gonna flood the beta servers, and and Valve is gonna be pretty damned pissed. In other words, WTF!
                              The reason you were even accepted was a move to make the beta more public. Your post doesn't indicate that you're some sort of genius that is level-headed. You sound like every other CS player.

If Valve is mad then I am very sorry. These links are already posted on every major CS forum out there. We're covering the news, not breaking the law. This isn't Ch1pm0nk's Warez Hangout or whatnot.

Update: Check out this forum post at the Steam site. We're in the clear!

Comment

Working...
                              X