Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow give narby a break....what I like about narby's maps is that hes not scared to make his maps look pretty plain compared to other maps in terms of textures and fine detail. Somehow theres a kind of spell over narby's maps where 'less is more'. Honestly try making a map with as few textures as de_aztec sometime and try make that look good....

As an experienced player I think narby knows EXACTLY what hes talking about when he mentioned 'paranoid behaviour' in overly detailed maps. Most maps give me a headache cos im constantly looking at a million and one ledges, dark corners, doorways, blah, blah. A top level map like azy or infact pretty much all of narbys maps have very limited routes and skilled use of limited detail so that when your playing even on a pub server its like an incredibly detailed game of chess.

Btw narby you know the new aztec...i noticed in the beta that was released without your permission theres no grill at the bottom of the ramp. This grill is used in tracking cos it makes a metalic sound when people run over it so please don't miss it out cos that affects gameplay and is just one of those things that adds l33tness =). Im not flaming just hoping you remember.

Added @ [time="1041949332"]

looks at new features added page :"grating for the river-exit under bombsite A"..........OMFG!!!! wtf this guy is just too good.....wow if I ever learn to map like narby I'll have to jump off a bridge just to check im still mortal...

Comment

• Looks like my new favorite map.

Comment

• hmm.. it should be fun playing this map

Comment

• de_airstrip better not be a big map. Something like assault would be nice!

Comment

Working...
          X