This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• article: iceworld

Our latest author joins the fray with his look at the popular fy_iceworld. Although it may not be of interest to those of you who have played it, WillBBC realized that CS-Nation (the best site ever) had failed to mention one of the biggest movements in the CS community. So scream "fy!" and check out the article:
    Iceworld: the name itself means nothing but the map has more 24/7 servers than many of the official CS maps. Hated by many, loved by many more, Iceworld has spawned a variety of maps based off its extremely simple premise: kill or be killed. The map is nothing more than a square of snow textures with four over-sized beams making up what almost resembles a pound symbol from a bird's eye view. A variety of weapons are laid out on two ends of the map, each end being spawn zones.
    Read here. I just recently played the map myself (yeah, yeah, I love official maps) and I hated it, but the guys who were kicking my ass seemed to love it!

Good job and welcome to the team, WillBBC!

Short article.... really short.... oh rizz... You've run out of story???

Comment

WillBBC is the author.

Comment

If you are playing a map with no objectives, then you aren't really playing CS at all in my opinion. Why not just go play Half Life death match instead? Ice World is just a big old noob fest.

Comment

Oh, and did I mention that I hate iceworld with a burning passion? The maps I like the most are the ones that I feel the most like a counter-terrorist on: as_oilrig or cs_747, for starters. Hate that raw deathmatch style of play! Also explains why I only play random map in Age of Empires, but I'll cease my incessant whining.

Comment

CabalSoljea™ wrote..

Short article.... really short.... oh rizz... You've run out of story???

...and how long an article do you expect for Iceworld??

Comment

it seems WillBBC needs some practice wit his writing skills

iceworld is fun unless the entire opposing team gets awps over a few rounds and camps the sides, i guy with a para holds off the middle and it ceases to be fun

Comment

dot_commie wrote..

it seems WillBBC needs some practice wit his writing skills

iceworld is fun unless the entire opposing team gets awps over a few rounds and camps the sides, i guy with a para holds off the middle and it ceases to be fun
                the fun ends when u have connected to a iceworld server..

Comment

fy maps are an insult to CS and mappers, when I saw they play 1.6b with iceworld maps now it was as a knife in my chest.

Comment

bozer wrote..

If you are playing a map with no objectives, then you aren't really playing CS at all in my opinion. Why not just go play Half Life death match instead? Ice World is just a big old noob fest.
                    you know (im sure I'll get flamed for this) I would have agreed with you about half a year ago, but I have come to notice over time that CS in pubs is never playing with objectives. While clanwars are nice and a fun way to play, pubbing on de_dust with no objective ("what's that c4 icon on my screen") or pubbing on fy_iceworld makes for me no difference. The only mod that really requires teamplay, and achieves it is Natural Selection. It really is great.

Comment

'DE' maps don't stand for DEfusion or DEmolition; it's DEathmatch. 'AS' maps force players to follow objectives. Dat Shimpell!

Comment

i like to hide in the water on iceworld

Comment

LOL dm_dust LOL aztec is such a murderhole! Make some real maps!

Oh wait, 30,000 people are playing iceworld. The community is a fickle, ambivalent bunch of poptarts!

Comment

iceworld is shit

Comment

Edited by [user="41266"] @ [time="1045848342"]

iceworld is nice for a little break from all that exhausting objective play, but i never join an iceworld server on purpose.

Comment

Working...
                              X