Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everspace - Encounters Expansion Arrives this Month; 4K Support Hitting Xbox One X in 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everspace - Encounters Expansion Arrives this Month; 4K Support Hitting Xbox One X in 2018

Today, Rockfish Games announced Everspace - Encounters, the first major expansion for the "roguelike space shooter." This expansion is slated to hit at the end of this month, October, for the PC. This expansion release goes hand in hand with a promised free 4K update for the Xbox One X version of the game. This 4K update will arrive in early February 2018.

I should perhaps clarify something here. The wording of the press release is a bit confusing. I'm not 100% sure that his expansion will hit the Xbox One version this month when the PC release happens. It seems, from the wording, that the expansion will arrive in conjunction with the Xbox One X 4K update this upcoming February. I apologize if there is confusion here, but I'm also quite confused as to when this drops for sure.

The Encounters expansion will reportedly add in over 10 hours of extra gameplay to the game. The game is currently available through digital retailers such as Steam and GOG for $29.99 (USD).
    The expansion will feature a new player ship, the Colonial Sentinel, a medium fighter class ship, which will impress with some serious electronic warfare capabilities and a special shield, featuring twice as much capacity as the standard model. Space pilots will also be able to use a plethora of new weapons, devices and consumables to fool, distract, and defeat enemies in new ways.

All-new factory space stations add further gameplay mechanics to the game experience, by offering special on-the-fly services, like refining and converting resources, upgrading ship capabilities or minor repair jobs. Furthermore, daring space pilots will even be able to pay the Okkar Homeworld a visit. Along their journey, they will also encounter new types of enemies and new story characters, who will offer individual questlines.

It should also be noted that you do not have to finish the main story in order to encounter the new expansion content.

Working...
X