Halo 5: Forge Out Now on PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo 5: Forge Out Now on PC

Halo has made it's return to the PC! Unfortunately, it's only Halo 5: Forge. Also unfortunately, it ships without a server browser. Fortunately, it's Halo 5: Forge that will get an update in the future with a proper server browser. Also fortunately, you can still play multiplayer matches with your friends. Fortunately, it's all for free! Yes, free. The free Halo 5: Forge is out now on the PC through the Windows 10 Store.
    The Forge community has long requested the ability to build levels on the PC. Along with Anvil’s Legacy, we are finally bringing the Forge toolset to Windows 10 PCs with the release of Halo 5: Forge. The precision, speed and control available on PC using keyboard and mouse will make it easier than ever for creators to bring their Halo vision to life. All content created with Halo 5: Forge on Win10 PC will be shared with the Xbox One community and vice versa. Creators will be able to build, shape and play their content on either platform through their file share.

In addition to the core suite of builder tools being made available through Halo 5: Forge, we’ll also be allowing players to play custom Arena multiplayer games on Windows 10 and making available all of the existing Halo 5 Arena maps. Players will be able to set up custom matches with friends over Xbox Live to play and test their creations on the PC before sharing them with the world.

It seems as though the only way to get Halo 5: Forge on the PC is to download it as part of a bundle with the Halo app (Clicking this may automatically open the Windows 10 Store on your machine). I'm assuming the Halo app is where you will go to view and download custom maps that have been created by others. Why is this only offered as a bundle? Beats me.

Now, you will need to already have the Windows 10 Anniversary Update installed to play this. Why can't you play it on Windows 10 without the Anniversary Update installed? Beats me.

If you have the Anniversary Update and are wondering if you can even run it on your computer, Halo Waypoint provided this image that shows the minimum and recommended specs that you will need. They also provide a listing of the hardware you will need for the "Ultra" settings. Why are the requirements a picture instead of a written list? Beats me.

Today's release of Halo 5: Forge on the PC goes alongside the release of the Anvil's Legacy content for Halo 5: Guardians on the Xbox One. This free content update includes two new maps, a Content Browser, and more.

Working...
X