How to Obtain the No Time to Explain Exotic in Destiny: The Taken King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Obtain the No Time to Explain Exotic in Destiny: The Taken King

Today, if you were one of the many that found all of the hidden Ghosts in the daily "Paradox" mission, you may have found a new quest waiting for you with Lakshmi-2 in the Tower. Completion of her quest line will result in you earning the No Time to Explain pulse rifle.

Kdintranet on Reddit provides a step by step on how to earn this weapon.
    The Quest
    The quest is called "Not Forged in Light" and you receive it from Lakshmi-2. AFAIK you get this after completing todays Daily "Paradox" and collecting all 3 ghosts and Praedyth's ghost and pledging allegiance to FWC. The first part is she asks for you to donate to her cause (leveling up her faction) You need to gain 1000 FWC rep. Tt took me 50 motes of light to do this part quickly. Then, you’re tasked with killing a Taken Minotaur which drops a specific core you need to progress any old Taken Minotaur will do, including the ones that spawn randomly in the wild or in other quests. I got it from The Hallows Taken Champion.

The next step of the quest you have to kill Atheon, do the raid on normal or hard, The step is to “shatter an eye” you receive from Atheon. Look on /r/fireteams for a group. Fortunately we had a checkpoint because we did the vault 4 hours prior to the quest (Lucky coincidence...)

After shattering the eye you will have to load up a story mission called "Shadows Of Twilight" which takes you to the crucible map. You will have about 30 seconds to find a chest. You will start going blind and eventually die if you don't do it quickly. It is unknown if the chest is in a random place but I found mine by following the 'Taken Orbs' to the C flag. This cannot be done in a fireteam and must be done solo.

You will then have to go to another mission in the Black Garden and kill things until you summon a groundskeeper. Keep the kills % above 100 to stop him from despawning. Kill him to end the mission.

Once you kill him you will then finish the quest.

Once completed, you will be given No Time to Explain, which has the following perks.
    Full Auto - This weapon can be fired in full auto mode
    Speed Reload - Reload this weapon quickly
    Hand Loaded - This weapon is effective at an extended range.
    Fitted Stock - Increased weapon stability
    Rewind Again - Precision hits are immediately returned to the magazine
Working...
X