Battlefield 4 System Requirements Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 4 System Requirements Announced

DICE and EA have released the official system requirements for Battlefield 4 on the PC. The minimum requirements seem reasonable enough but those recommended requirements may make more than a few people shed a few tears.

Minimum Requirements:
    • CPU: AMD Athlon X2 2.8GHz or Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
    • RAM: 4GB
    • GPU: AMD Radeon HD 3870 or Nvidia Geforce 8800GT with 512MB of memory
    • HDD: 30GB

Recommended
    • CPU: AMD six-core or Intel quad-core
    • RAM: 8GB
    • GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7870 or Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 with 3GB of memory
    • HDD: 30GB

How many of you out there can realistically run Battlefield 4 at the recommended settings? Be honest.

I have Windows 7 64bit, AMD FX-8120 8 core, 16gb ram, 7700 1gb gpu but only a standard HD and not SSD. I normally turn down shadows in the games that I run on high and have no problems.

The requirements are definitely lower than I expected. Even Max Payne 3 had tougher ones. Kind of sucks as well that DX 11.1 will only work with Windows 8.

Comment

Yeah, it kinda sucks, but I wouldnt worry too much about it. Since I turn down most the settings as well I doubt going to DX11.1 would help me a whole lot.

A lot of people are complaining that the system requirements are too low and must be wrong. I guess they don't really understand gaming engines and their progression in a series of video games.
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yeah I agree, not to mention they have had lots of time to tweak the Frostbite engine itself to be able to handle all kinds of setups. I can't wait to see some next gen versus pc comparisons.

Comment

I am thinking if I over clock my cpu to 4ghz i should be able to run it on high.

My Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom ii X4 965 Black Edition quad-core @ 3.4ghz (can clock to 4ghz on air)
          RAM: 8GB
          GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Power Edition 2GB

What do you guys think.

Comment

Originally posted by papasmurf128 View Post
            I have Windows 7 64bit, AMD FX-8120 8 core, 16gb ram, 7700 1gb gpu but only a standard HD and not SSD. I normally turn down shadows in the games that I run on high and have no problems.

The requirements are definitely lower than I expected. Even Max Payne 3 had tougher ones. Kind of sucks as well that DX 11.1 will only work with Windows 8.
            Papasmurf from LVT that you?

Comment

I actually thought those recommended specs were quite high but maybe im a little out of touch with the latest hardware. How should i expect this to run:

Windows 7 64bit
              Intel i5 2500K (Not OC).
              8GB Ripjaw
              nVidia GTX 570 1GB

I built this for BF3 so its not that old and its runs the game superbly. Although as i found out from the BF3 Beta, my old PC was more than up to the challenge anyway so im hoping this is the same!

Comment

I wonder if AMD will get their hands on it first and be able to make some beta drivers boosting performance? No anton2k, I don't know what LVT is sorry.

Comment

my machine that i just built with a 660ti will just slightly beat the reccomended req. cant wait to play this game on PC!!!

Comment

for Comparisons sake...the original Crysis had a reccomended requirement of GeForce 8800 GS. Which is very close to the minimum requirement for this game, BF4 !

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
                      I actually thought those recommended specs were quite high but maybe im a little out of touch with the latest hardware. How should i expect this to run:

Windows 7 64bit
                      Intel i5 2500K (Not OC).
                      8GB Ripjaw
                      nVidia GTX 570 1GB

I built this for BF3 so its not that old and its runs the game superbly. Although as i found out from the BF3 Beta, my old PC was more than up to the challenge anyway so im hoping this is the same!
                      It will probably still run just fine.
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by anton2k View Post
                        I am thinking if I over clock my cpu to 4ghz i should be able to run it on high.

My Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom ii X4 965 Black Edition quad-core @ 3.4ghz (can clock to 4ghz on air)
                        RAM: 8GB
                        GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Power Edition 2GB

What do you guys think.
                        I have the same cpu. Do you have an aftermarket fan for 4ghz? I'm still running the stock fan and I'm interested to see what you use and if you like it.

Thanks!

Comment

I think my computer is mild overkill for BF4 if I was going to play it. I ran full max on BF3 when I played I don't think BF4 will be too bad lol.

CPU: Intel i7 3820 - 3.8Ghz Quad Core (8 Core w\ Hyperthreading)
                          RAM: 64GB
                          GPU: 3 x Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 2GB (SLI enabled for gaming).

If I had touch screens I would probably think about upgrading to Windows 8 because it works great with touch screens, without them it is really not fun and awful. Also I don't think DX 11.1 is going to make huge leaps of differences between DX 11, again I could be wrong as I haven't followed much of the BF4 hype, I distaste of EA in all honesty.

I am looking forward to a review of the game from TGN when it comes around maybe I'll get it when it goes discounted.

Comment

CPU: Intel Core 2 Q8400 - 2.66 GHz Quad Core
                            RAM: 4GB
                            GPU: ATI Radeon HD5850 1GB

Yeah... I'm a bit low spec. here but so far it's still doing the trick.
                            BFs are usually making me some upgrade but I won't consider anything (even buying the game) until I put my hand on the open beta.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post

Windows 7 64bit
                              Intel i5 2500K (Not OC).
                              8GB Ripjaw
                              nVidia GTX 570 1GB

Pretty close to mine. Hopefully my 570 will be ok.

Win7 HP x64
                              Intel Core i5 2500k @ 3.8
                              Corsair Vengeance 8GB
                              OCZ Vertex 3 SSD
                              EVGA superclocked GTX570 1280mb
                              "Crunch's First Officer"
                              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
                              X