Go Play Candy Box! Right Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Play Candy Box! Right Now

If you haven't yet played Candy Box!, you are doing yourself a disservice.

Seriously, go play this game. It's probably the best browser based game since Frog Factions. I won't get into some long-winded write-up about the game other than to say it's quite entertaining and a fantastic way to pass multiple boring evenings. Plus, you know, it's completely free to play.

Head on over to the Candy Box! website to begin your adventure. If you can't get past the start of the game, be sure to pay attention to the game's FAQ. Additionally, those who already know about Candy Box! will be happy to hear that a sequel to the game is in the works.

I've been stuck on the dragon for the last few days, i'm aiming to just keep eating candies till i've got more health than god, then i should be ok.

Comment

I read a strategy on how to beat the dragon but it still kicked my ass.

Basically, you have 5 teleport scrolls, 5 invulnerability potions, 5 seeds at a minimum. You pop invulnerability immediately upon entering, watch the time and as soon as it expires you pop teleport and then seed, which is supposed to give you enough time to pop the next invulnerability. Then repeat.

I managed to pop the teleport and seed but it didn't buy me enough time at all. Granted I only had like 350 health and a level 3 sword, but still. It's a very tight window that I failed.

Comment

Originally posted by cikame View Post
        ... I'm aiming to just keep eating candies till i've got more health than god, then i should be ok.
        *Slams face on desk.*

... I've... I've been brute forcing this whole time without eating a single piece of candy... I kept boosting my sword and had a crapload of scrolls... It was so hard to survive these shot-for-shot quests... I never knew you can boost your health (aside from my prematurely acquired level 6 sword). I just thought I would game over from diabetes if I ate that many, so I just bum-rushed the game... Now I know how much easier it could've been...

Comment

wow... I think this is going to be TGN's new thing. Might as well change it to "TotalCandybox"

Comment

Haven't had the chance to try it out yet

Comment

Originally posted by Zips
              I read a strategy on how to beat the dragon but it still kicked my ass.

Basically, you have 5 teleport scrolls, 5 invulnerability potions, 5 seeds at a minimum. You pop invulnerability immediately upon entering, watch the time and as soon as it expires you pop teleport and then seed, which is supposed to give you enough time to pop the next invulnerability. Then repeat.

I managed to pop the teleport and seed but it didn't buy me enough time at all. Granted I only had like 350 health and a level 3 sword, but still. It's a very tight window that I failed.
              You can teleport twice instead of doing seeds - it's easier since you don't have to move your mouse.

P.S. OP overpaid for lollipops. He'll do 50.

Comment

I don't know wadahek to do!??!!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150423_213004.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	632.4 KB
ID:	3376546

Comment

OOhh, I get the "be patient" part now

Can you go over 1 lolipop per second?

Comment

So with all this talk I decided to see what its about. Right now Im just farming candies.
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Got to hell and now I need to bulk up on potions and scrolls for those waves. After the first attempt, the Keep was a pushover on subsequent runs and I can take down the dragon with only one use of teleport + seed at the moment.

Comment

So the trick is to just leave the pc open over night to get lotza candy? Any tips? I fought the whale and now have the sorceress'hut so I'm just waiting for lolipops (aparently 100 per second is the limit) so I can buy "get more candy", so i can get lots and lots of candy and then multiply it by 5 in the wishing well

Comment

There's an item that will get you 300 lp per second. And multiplying the candy or lp at the well is only worth it if you have millions of them accumulated already. I keep my PC on over night all the time anyway, so I've just left a window open with that game running to have it constantly accumulate.

Comment

Originally posted by Zips View Post
                            There's an item that will get you 300 lp per second. And multiplying the candy or lp at the well is only worth it if you have millions of them accumulated already. I keep my PC on over night all the time anyway, so I've just left a window open with that game running to have it constantly accumulate.
                            So you still haven't used the well?

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx View Post
                              Can you go over 1 lolipop per second?
                              I wondered about this, so I tried it. At 500 LP I am getting 2 a second.

How do you use your potions?
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                              X