Game Informer March Issue Leaked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Informer March Issue Leaked

Im fine with 4 classes as long as its 2142 style classes. Personally, I think the merging of engy and anti tank was a good move, seeing as the latter was hardly used, and in some cases, the former.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker
      BF3 is a sequel of BF2 which had 7 classes thats all i really mean, it should have 7. last COD i bought was COD4 i'm not even sure how many "classes" it had, but if it's less than BF2 it's def being influenced by COD..which is generally what every FPS is doing these days.
      BF2142 was the sequel, no matter how much some people try to ignore its existence And that had 4 classes.
      COD does not have classes, just a number of "favourites" that you can configure any way you like. The system do not have much in common.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
        I think the 4 classes thing is probably unconfirmed... hopefully. At least go to the 2142 class system, that sounds good. I havent played it much except for a few goes at an internet cafe but from what i have heard and played, it seems like it works better than the "medic gets the LMG" system we have now.

Yes the class count in bf3 is 4 as stated in GI. Yes it's too early to discuss additional details.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
          BF2142 was the sequel, no matter how much some people try to ignore its existence And that had 4 classes.
          COD does not have classes, just a number of "favourites" that you can configure any way you like. The system do not have much in common.
          There's a reason why this game is called BF3. It's the true successor to BF2. A good way to compare this is BFV and 1942.

Comment

Just because it was less popular doesn't mean that it wasn't a true successor.
            DICE obviously intended it to be the next Battlefield game, and it had several gameplay improvements.
            The only thing preventing it from being BF3 was that many choose to ignore it because of the science fiction setting. The same people would have been ecstatic if it had been yet another current war scenario.

Comment

read the entire article from the high res scans, liked what I read

personally glad there are 4 classes, since it worked great in 2142, it will be up to them to decide how it all balances out in terms of gameplay (bet they get some fun playtesting done)

hopefully though we don't have the medic situation from BC2, but I am hoping that LMGs will be properly balanced in a game like BF3 (e.g. 2142 style overheating)

Comment

Personally, i'm perfectly fine with "only" having 4 classes. If they can achieve a good (and better) balance to the classes than that of BC2, it will be great. Having a limited amount of classes, increases the player flexibility in what loadout you bring with you. For example, the following would be a decent lineup:

Assault (Medium Range / Close Quarters)
                - Assault Rifle vs Carbine
                - Grenades (frag and smoke)
                - Ammo Kit

Medic (Close Quarters / Support)
                - Submachine Gun vs Carbine
                - Grenades (smoke)
                - Med Kit / Defibrilator

Support (Anti-Tank / Support)
                - Anti-Tank vs Light Machine Gun
                - Grenades (smoke and flash)
                - Wrench / Gun Emplacements (mannable)

Recon (Sniper / Spec-Ops)
                - Grenades (frag and flash)
                - C4 / Claymore

Comment

as long as there is a 40mm shotgun

wahahaha

Im hoping recon is more like 2142

I liked the 2142 engineer as well, that was good, and tbh I liked how support was in 2142, he had a big gun but he wasn't god and he dropped ammo

I'm more concerned with how assault and medic will pan out, assault needs to be able to murder people with great efficiency but the medic shouldn't (bf2 anyone?)
                  gonna have to be some sort of equipment/weaponry balance determined by your kit role methinks

Comment

Originally posted by garandx
                    Thanks Garand!

Is it me or do those graphics look kinda unimpressive?

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker
                      BF3 is a sequel of BF2 which had 7 classes thats all i really mean, it should have 7. last COD i bought was COD4 i'm not even sure how many "classes" it had, but if it's less than BF2 it's def being influenced by COD..which is generally what every FPS is doing these days.

I think the reason it has an MOH feel is because there displaying the desert maps, in which every game with desert released in the past 2 years looks the same lol I'd wait to see Paris or New York.
                      Thanks for reading my post and not taking in any of the info.

CoD4 had 5 "classes" but you can build your own classes with any weapon and equipment. That's the point of classes, separating out certain items and weapons. The Call of Duty franchise never has done that and DICE changing the structure of classes and their number doesn't mean they're being influenced by CoD since the structure and concept has not changed. Furthermore how can you prove that all FPS games are generally influenced by Call of Duty? That's such a sweeping statement with no proof other than your own opinion, about a series of games that you haven't hardly played; you yourself admit the last game you bought in that series was CoD4, but you can't even remember something simple about the fact that there weren't classes like in the BF series. How should we trust such a grand claim on your part then?

All of that doesn't bother me so much, it's just standard subjectivism that everyone displays to a certain extant. But I hate it when people put down 2142 as "not a real BF game" or some other bull.

BF3 might be a direct sequel to BF2 in terms of time line as it is the next strictly Battlefield game that has a modern setting. However, BF2142 WAS a game in the Battlefield series in the strictest sense, not a spin-off like the Bad Company series. I know there's a lot of old BF2 players who never played BF2142 or did and couldn't get over the fact it wasn't BF2 and hated it, but that doesn't mean they didn't make improvements in BF2142 over BF2.

I don't even know why I'm arguing this point. They already stated there would be 4 classes, so I guess you'll just have to live with BF3 being a "CoD game" in your mind. Sucks for you.

Comment

I personally enjoyed BF2142 more than BF2 and played far more hours in it. The teamwork in 2142 was a massive improvement over BF2 aswell.

Comment

i can alrady say that it looks like MOH and the destruction seems even more scripted and less than bfbc2

Comment

Originally posted by ThatEvilGuy
                            Thanks Garand!

Is it me or do those graphics look kinda unimpressive?
                            Most of the pictures are probably CG and demos, not actual gameplay. And graphics are always one of the last things they work on with the game. The game is still months away from release.
                            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                              i can alrady say that it looks like MOH and the destruction seems even more scripted and less than bfbc2
                              Yeah, I know. The bricks in those pics arent even moving. I mean the dust seems to be stationary

Crunch
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Is it a coincidence that BC2 has 4 classes tho?

Prone still confirmed right?because no one is talking about it now and the picture show them squating but not proning.

Also the pictures they have shown dont really say "hey ive got big maps":cry:

I see very pretty but i dont see epic:|:

Comment

Working...
                                X