Battlefield 1943 PC Delayed 'til 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 1943 PC Delayed 'til 2010

All I'm asking, could they have maybe let us know a little earlier that they don't know what they are doing on PC anymore rather then almost right before the release date. I demand to be in on the BETA for this and BFBC2

Comment

LOL! A delay so that they can bump it up to a still inferior player count of 32 players? :shakehead:

Originally posted by Leopardi
      It's so cheap it wouldn't hurt to buy.
      Its a waste of money. Its fun for about an hour.

Originally posted by Jack_Torrance
      Dyke: "...Things like support for DirectX 9 and 10, higher player count (up to 32-player matches), wide peripheral support i.e. Joysticks for flying, VoIP, and ranked server provider hosting. So it was and still is the absolutely right decision, for quality sake, to not release until it is ready."

Sounds reasonable... How about a couple new maps for BF Bad Company I & BF Heroes? (pretty please)

*I know, I know keep dreaming
      They didn't know about any of that before they started making the game? I don't see ow they could have made a PC version without addressing theses things early on.

Comment

DICE are such a disappointment, I have no confidence in that company any more

Comment

Although battlefield games are buggy. I love BF2 and 2142 so much. To this day I can't find any games that compete.

Comment

Yeah DICE makes the best game ever. Too bad they focus more on consoles now than PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
              Meh, they've most likely learned a lesson. The cost to them of running such a buggy game will inevitably make them polish it before releasing.
              BF1943 is a fairly buggy game. That never stopped it from becoming the top seller on XBLA and PSN. BF2 and BF2142, despite their legendary collection of bugs, glitches, and annoyances, still sold well and got high ratings on review sites.

2010 is going to be an interesting year for Battlefield. BFBC2 for PC will undoubtedly be delayed into the fall, now it's a race between BFBC2 on consoles and BF1943 on PC to see which they manage to release first.

Comment

If BC2 gets released on consoles and gets pushed back months on PC and PC doesn't get BF1943 until at (or after) the time that consoles get BC2 the feces will surely hit the rotary oscillator.

Comment

By pushing back release date, DICE and EA are expecting losing big bucks. I don't understand why they are doing this. For another one or two week delay, that's probably OK. One month delay means one month expenditure without revenue. Q1 2010 is still four months away. If they have the software ready, they'd better launch it as quickly as possible, even if it's buggy and lack of content. Hey, it's $9.99 game, what can you expect?

On the other hand, launching an online game is not like a single player game. You need to set up servers and make sure that people can rent servers as well. You don't launch the game, and you don't have that part of the cost. They also just launched BF:H, which is still an unproven profit model. If they launch BF43 on schedule, they might compete with themselves. So, this might be a business strategy that they need to look at how BF:H model would perform before deciding what to do next.

So, here is my prediction. If BF:H model succeeded, then BF43 will be a lot like BF:H, which means that you can pay for skin or even weapons. That has been done to BF2142 (and BC1?), and I don't see why they can't push for more in-game micro-transaction. That might be the real reason why BF43 is delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeq
                    Yeah, Ive learned not to take him seriously long time ago.
                    Actually im a optermist by nature but its hard when it has been 5 years and with the lies and so forth:cry:

Its like they have a problem with the PC community or something.

As for programing Xbox is simular to PC and it shouldnt be that hard to make a PC version

I really dont like being negative like i am but you reap what you sow:thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
                      So, here is my prediction. If BF:H model succeeded, then BF43 will be a lot like BF:H, which means that you can pay for skin or even weapons. That has been done to BF2142 (and BC1?), and I don't see why they can't push for more in-game micro-transaction. That might be the real reason why BF43 is delayed.
                      Drugs is bad, mkay
                      :laugh:

Comment

/:laugh:/

PC4EVAR, no Console $hitypoopy stuff :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
                          . Hey, it's $9.99 game, what can you expect?
                          I bought Killing floor for around the same price, a dam lot for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by old sch00l
                            /:laugh:/

PC4EVAR, no Console $hitypoopy stuff :thumbsup:
                            thats what i like about you:salute:,your ole skool:thumbsup:

Comment

My disappointment with EA/Dice can't be more deeper or more profound. I bet they've done nothing to port the game over from the consoles.

The hell with them...

Comment

Feeding you Ports at a slow pace, get angry.

i.e. no deal, no hype, no nothing

I feel Alex bearing apon me with retoric about Consoles & sales figures x D

spend it all on BF3, hurry up!

Sack all the multiplay devs in favor of the head of RAVEN

Comment

Working...
                                X