Battlefield 1943 PC Delayed 'til 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 1943 PC Delayed 'til 2010

In a move that probably won't surprise the somewhat bitter and cynical PC gamers in the Battlefield community, producer Gordon van Dyke has revealed in a G4 interview that Battlefield 1943 for PC has been delayed until Q1 2010. He also mentions that the PC version of the game will support up to 32 players. Here's an excerpt from the interview:
    G4: Why is Battlefield 1943 launching later on the PC? In retrospect, was this the right decision?

Dyke: We haven't released a Frostbite [DICE's game engine] built game on PC, so going into this project we lacked a starting foundation we had on Console. There are also many different and unique only challenges to the PC that has lead to us pushing the release even further to Q1 CY 2010 [early next year]. This was a hard pill to swallow, but it was absolutely needed to ensure the features and functionality that PC Players have come to expect from Battlefield on PC are not missing. Things like support for DirectX 9 and 10, higher player count (up to 32-player matches), wide peripheral support i.e. Joysticks for flying, VoIP, and ranked server provider hosting. So it was and still is the absolutely right decision, for quality sake, to not release until it is ready.

You can read the full interview here.

Re: Battlefield 1943 PC Delayed 'til 2010

lol who could have expected this:laugh:,I hope some heads roll(nicely ovcourse)

Comment

no surprise

Comment

typical. I've about had it with DICE. ALLLLL the priorities go to the ghetto consoles

Comment

Dice is the worst ****ing date setters in entertainment ive ever seen. BF2 patch 1.5 was supposed to have come out in december. BF:H May of 2008. BF:BC2 in september.

Comment

Infnity ward vs dice in a who can screw over the pc more battle.

Comment

This is good news, as long as they take the time to create a version of the game that accommodates the changes and not a direct port, 32 player means the maps should be tuned to that number of players. I wouldn't mind if they pushed it out even further if it meant something more like BF1942 was released.

Comment

Iff ID announce the Rage to come Q1 2010, they will delay BF43 once again. So, no surprise so far.

Comment

Might as well wait for Bad Company 2 then..why even get BF1943?

Comment

This, of course will ALSO delay the release of BF3....

Mark my words!

Comment

Consoles... Bleh.

Comment

Welcome to the inevitable plethora of "I told you so's".:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie
                          Might as well wait for Bad Company 2 then..why even get BF1943?
                          It's so cheap it wouldn't hurt to buy.

Comment

Dyke: "...Things like support for DirectX 9 and 10, higher player count (up to 32-player matches), wide peripheral support i.e. Joysticks for flying, VoIP, and ranked server provider hosting. So it was and still is the absolutely right decision, for quality sake, to not release until it is ready."

Sounds reasonable... How about a couple new maps for BF Bad Company I & BF Heroes? (pretty please)

*I know, I know keep dreaming

Comment

Originally posted by Leopardi
                              It's so cheap it wouldn't hurt to buy.
                              the price is in USD$ ,if you live in other countries prepare to be ripped of on that fact

Comment

Working...
                              X