Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will You Boycott MW2 if the Price Doesn't Go Back to Normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will You Boycott MW2 if the Price Doesn't Go Back to Normal?

There are a lot of people who are not happy about the higher-than-usual price of the upcoming Modern Warfare 2 game, click here for news about the price hike.

This is one of those cut and dry questions:
    Will you purchase Modern Warfare 2 at the current 'higher-than-usual' price, or will you boycott it until they release it at the usual price?

This is for both console gamers and PC gamers, please unite. This is a pivotal moment for the future of your wallet. Vote wisely. IW/Activision will be getting your message one way or another, hopefully, if expressed soon enough, everyone will be happy with the result.

Re: Will You Boycott MW2 if the Price Doesn't Go Back to Normal?

Wheres the PC Option?

Comment

The Price for the Pc version has gone up 10 bucks to $60 now. My theory is that IW is adding in the cost for the mappacks up front so they can still give them to us for "free".

That being said, No im not buying it at its new price.

Its better to get the Hardened edition for just 20 extra bucks now then it is to pay 60 bucks for the basic, if i do buy it it will be the Hardened.

Comment

If it's more expensive, I would neither buy it nor boycott it.

Comment

I'm yet to see the Australian prices.

Comment

even with the price hike MW2 is sliding down my list of games to buy. If they get it their way PC will be paying for map packs

Comment

The fact is, I normally buy games after release because they're cheaper, so this is just the same, only I'll be buying it when cod15 is released.

Comment

I'll buy it.

I find it funny that someone above wouldn't buy the more expensive basic copy but would pay more money for the same game in a metal box???

Video games are good value. The number of hours of enjoyment divided into the cost of the game makes the game cost me like 10 cents per hour. I'll buy that any day.

No other retail entertainment medium gives as much bang for the buck.

By the way, the poll is broken as it never reflected my vote 'yes'.

Comment

Originally posted by Basil.
                  even with the price hike MW2 is sliding down my list of games to buy. If they get it their way PC will be paying for map packs
                  Either we'll be paying for the map packs or we'll get them 4-6 weeks after the consoles as usual. Unless they demonstrate some kind of additional value to warrant a price increase, they won't be seeing my money.

"Everyone's playing it" does not constitute additional value. In fact, I think that's a detractor from the base value. "Millions of clowns and hooligans are waiting to teamkill or otherwise grief you for their own sick amusement" just doesn't appeal to me, anyway.

Comment

Only $10 but once they know they can charge that then all games will be the price. But as game studios require more and more staff to make games these days and provide support post release with additional content and bug fixes then it only makes sense the price needs to rise in some form either a straight up increase, charge for additions, in game advertisements, micro transactions, or cut back on their product.

What they need to do is detail what that extra cost will go towards and spell it out in plain English or whatever language you speak. I would rather everyone pay an upfront cost for additional content and have all users on the same page than split the community with charging for DL packs that not all players get... for a multiplayer game that just is not acceptable and hardly works while screwing the players that buy them. (IE Battlefield Boosters)

Comment

No, I'll let the mass consumers decide upon that. If Activision sees a drop in sales because of this, they'll learn something from it.

Comment

Only yes or no?

I wont boycott it, but I may wait from buying it right away. After 3 to 6 months both CoD games came down in price as well as came "free" with video card purchases.

How long has PC games been $50 US? I think it has been quite a while and the dollar isn't what it used to be.

On the other side of that coin; if PC is going to continue being the red headed step-child, why should I pay an extra $10 for the "privilege"?

Show me what I get for $10, other than a game released anyway, and we will talk

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by garandx
                          The Price for the Pc version has gone up 10 bucks to $60 now. My theory is that IW is adding in the cost for the mappacks up front so they can still give them to us for "free".

That being said, No im not buying it at its new price.

Its better to get the Hardened edition for just 20 extra bucks now then it is to pay 60 bucks for the basic, if i do buy it it will be the Hardened.

Agreed. PC gamers are under the impression that they are entitled to free content at a lower MSRP... I consider myself lucky when we do get MAPPacks for free on PC. Having it added on to the front end package is just smartness on their part. I will be getting "Hardened" for PC.

Eventually games are going to rise in price, sign o' the times. Takes more to produce them, voice acting profiles are bigger etc...

Comment

Theres needs to be. Yes unless it gets the most amazing reviews ever.

Comment

You guys realize that the old NES games were somewhere in the range of $50, and that was almost 25 years ago. Be glad you're not paying closer to $100 for the basic game, which you would be if inflation rates applied.

That being said, at even $50 a game, and World at War topping 11 million copies sold... half a billion dollars made off a video game does seem pretty steep. ($50 x 11,000,000 = $550,000,000)

Still going to buy Modern Warfare 2 though.

Comment

Working...
                              X