Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will You Boycott MW2 if the Price Doesn't Go Back to Normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Will You Boycott MW2 if the Price Doesn't Go Back to Normal?

Originally posted by Alex98uk
    I have to agree, Treyarch have done a much, much better job dealing with community and releasing map packs free (well, for PC).
    Dunno why I say this but maybe it was saying "sorry for thinking that it would be a good Idea to make COD3 a console exclusive so here are 3 free map packs"
    actually, if it were the case then that would be sorry enough! IW have something to live up to in that respect.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
      Dunno why I say this but maybe it was saying "sorry for thinking that it would be a good Idea to make COD3 a console exclusive so here are 3 free map packs"
      actually, if it were the case then that would be sorry enough! IW have something to live up to in that respect.
      Well, you got to understand that back then, they were probably a much smaller development company and perhaps didn't have the necessary skills, resources and finance to back a PC game?

Comment

Well, you got to understand that back then, they were probably a much smaller development company and perhaps didn't have the necessary skills, resources and finance to back a PC game?
        Yeah. Sounds right. I was just unneccesarily posting.

Comment

I have to agree, Treyarch have done a much, much better job dealing with community and releasing map packs free (well, for PC).
          I agree they did a good job releasing content, but as for keeping the PC community up to date and with timely news, it was a bit lacking.

I know JD had a tough time with all the snide remarks and impatient people attacking Treyarch and himself, but the comments he made in the past were a bit unprofessional. Of course, its not like 402 does great either. Also, he can only say what he is given or allowed.

Time will tell if MW2 will have such a great amount of content that Treyarch gave. In the end, Treyarch did a great job raising the bar of this game and for PC.

So in that sense, I agree.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

This tops it off - along with overpriced, content lacking dlc. Just paying for eye candy i think. Will continue to play Bad Comany till the second unless they raise the price of that too. Activision can take a running jump.

Comment

No dedi support for pc, no sale and that goes for my 50 clam members also, regardless of the price. They have forsaken the community that supported them over so many titles, if we wanted to play a console game we would buy a xbox.
              I would happily pay for DLC or a expansion pack, but taking the thing that makes our community what it is is just plane wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by David Champion
                Agreed. PC gamers are under the impression that they are entitled to free content at a lower MSRP... I consider myself lucky when we do get MAPPacks for free on PC. Having it added on to the front end package is just smartness on their part. I will be getting "Hardened" for PC.

Eventually games are going to rise in price, sign o' the times. Takes more to produce them, voice acting profiles are bigger etc...
                Most PC players of fps games don't care about map packs released from the makers of the game. They don't care about the original maps either. It doesn't take long after a fps game is released before there are over 50 or even over 100 player made maps that are on player owned dedicated servers. It is the work by the players that adds to the success of these PC versions of fps games. There are too few mulitplayer maps that come with fps games or are added on to the game by the company. It gets too boring too soon.

It's not that PC gamers expect the company to add a few maps for free in patches or upgrades over time, that's not the complaint. It's the lack of dedicated servers that can rotate dozens of player made maps that is the complaint. If PC fps players weren't already used to this with every fps game released, we wouldn't have anything to complain about. To us, this is a HUGE step backwards in PC gaming from a company expecting us to pay more for a whole lot less.

It's as if they stated the console version will have only 1 map, maybe a second one in a year but you're going to pay more for that.

Comment

I will be boycotting this, along with most of my clan.

No Dedi support is the icing on the terrible cake.
                  First they hike the price, then I see the PC specs are abysmal (not pushing the boundries) and I hear that the SP is going to be 6-10 hours AND they are delaying the release on PC according to steam.

My only concern is that people will say "I'll boycott" to fit in but as soon as the game hits the shelf they will buy it due to no self control and a "one person can't make a difference" atittude.

Together we can make a difference.

Comment

I really don't care that much about the price...its the mandatory installation of Valve's Steamworks, which is a trojan horse that concerns me...I think it is pure bs to have to install a trojan just to play the game...

Comment

With Gamestop being allowed to sell the game early and such to try and curb piracy apparently, is this a sign the boycott has done more damage than we already know?
                      apart from the obvious loss of $$$ could there be anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                        I really don't care that much about the price...its the mandatory installation of Valve's Steamworks, which is a trojan horse that concerns me...I think it is pure bs to have to install a trojan just to play the game...
                        Its no more a trojan than D2D or any other online download to play.

Originally posted by Dr Random
                        With Gamestop being allowed to sell the game early and such to try and curb piracy apparently, is this a sign the boycott has done more damage than we already know?
                        apart from the obvious loss of $$$ could there be anything else?
                        No. There is no signs that the boycott had anything to do with early release. Boycotting a games goes being stealing it, because that just makes you a hypocrite otherwise.

Crunch

Comment

It's hardly a trojan. It quite clearly states what the software does...

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                            Its no more a trojan than D2D or any other online download to play.

No. There is no signs that the boycott had anything to do with early release. Boycotting a games goes being stealing it, because that just makes you a hypocrite otherwise.

Crunch
                            I guess I'm looking for other damage done by the boycott if there is anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                              Are you the owner of D2D

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Random
                                I guess I'm looking for other damage done by the boycott if there is anything?
                                Well, you can look at it as they released it early to try to get a feel for the true percentage of PC buyers in an area because the pre-orders were cancelled in MASS numbers.

That would work I suppose. Its kind of a stretch. The only way we will know if the boycott worked is in final sales percentages, which for CoD4 they never gave a lot of totals. The things I found online has CoD4 at 16 percent of total sales for PC.

So if MW2 is below that, even with more people buying it than before, the boycott worked saleswise.

If Activision or IW give dedicated servers or kill PC for MW3, then the boycott was a success. If everything is status quo and MW3 comes out with IWnet and everything is the same, then boycott did not work.

I dont think there are any other options for a successful boycott, is there?

I also like how the poll is now HUGE boycott. When this poll was first made before all this other information was added, the NO was VERY small.

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                                X