Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will You Boycott MW2 if the Price Doesn't Go Back to Normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will You Boycott MW2 if the Price Doesn't Go Back to Normal?

The most i would ever pay for a pc game is £34.99 and then only after playing it first hand via a demo.

The biggest impact a game has ever had on me was Battlefield 2. If BF3 ever came out i would happily pay top whack for it. The COD games come round too fast and as such no lasting impression is left. I've hardly played COD5 since it came out and since then COD4 hasn't had much of a look in because it wasn't the latest COD game. Too much variety has killed it for me. Had COD4 still have been the latest COD game then i would still be playing it, i am sure of that.

COD6 needs to be £30 or less otherwise it will not sell more copies/make more money than COD4 did during its first quarter.

Comment

Its too early to vote on anything.

I need to see some reviews of the game before buying

But considering an average PC game costs $50 and if I really want it, $10 more won't really stop me.

Comment

*shrugs* it's called inflation.

I'm buyin it. It's all about opportunity cost. Everyone has to make the decision for themselves.

IMO - the original CoD4 was worth more than I paid for it. I've gotten more than 60 bucks worth of value out of it.

Stop *****ing and welcome to the real world.

Comment

I'm not a big Call of Duty fan, however if any company tried to hike the price of any game higher than the standard I'd refuse to buy it on principle.

Further more Activisions current attitude leaves alot to be desired, they are worse than the old EA, and I won't buy another of there games till they stop acting like a bunch of children.

After them insisting that Sony has to reduce the price of the PS3 or they will stop support for the sysytem they do this?

Are they serious?

Not to mention sueing former developers because Activision themselves threw away Brutal Legend.

No.

Just plain NO!

Comment

Why just a PC boycott? The console version being at £55 is a joke! Troybob you're american mate, in the Uk games here are £40 standard, £15 more is a joke. I can't wait till they do it on your end and price games at $80-90 and see if you call it inflation. I just hope it comes back down in price to £40 then I'll buy it.

Comment

No no no no no. If Activision can do it and still sell well, then every other company will try too. Plain, simple, and complete and utter bull.

Comment

This game could get perfect 10s and I wouldn't buy it. There is enough coming out now and 2010 that I don't need this until 2011. Activision, you aren't gods. No one likes you. You want me to buy a game that is missing maps that easily have been put in for more money!? I am officially boycotting MW2 this holiday season. **** you Activision!

Comment

come on guys, this is more marketing ********. If we let this pass through games on pc and consoles are gonna start hiking higher little by little just like gas prices are still doing. Don't give in and just be patient and force them the lower the price to get it to sell.

Comment

Hey this has found its way to the Infinity Ward Forums front page. But its a console fan club over there, I bet 402 is the leader, the mindless console drone who thinks everything on the 360 is god and that paying 50 bucks to use your own internet is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      come on guys, this is more marketing ********. If we let this pass through games on pc and consoles are gonna start hiking higher little by little just like gas prices are still doing. Don't give in and just be patient and force them the lower the price to get it to sell.
                      Gas prices were slowly increasing because of the demand of gas, not because the gas companies were testing to see if people would still buy gas. Then when the economy took a dive, people couldn't afford gas, people didn't drive as much, they found other ways of getting around; the demand went down, the price went down with it.

It's different with video games. Activision is taking a leap here for game publishers by seeing if consumers will still buy a game if it costs more. It could go either way, but it's most likely going to be a success because no matter what people on the internet do (like this proposed boycott), there will be enough people that buy it to produce a good profit. It could even be more of a profit depending on how much it took to develop and produce it because each consumer is paying 10 dollars more.

In the end, it's business. They're raising the price because they can, a lot of people will buy the game, even for 10 dollars more.

Comment

Originally posted by garandx
                        Hey this has found its way to the Infinity Ward Forums front page. But its a console fan club over there, I bet 402 is the leader, the mindless console drone who thinks everything on the 360 is god and that paying 50 bucks to use your own internet is good.
                        Yeah, I saw that after you pointed it out. Then it got locked, and now it's undergoing a cleaning.

I feel a permalock in that thread's future.

Comment

Option #3: I will buy it during one of Steam's discount weekends.

I'm such a steam fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greggory
                            Troybob you're american mate, in the Uk games here are £40 standard, £15 more is a joke. I can't wait till they do it on your end and price games at $80-90 and see if you call it inflation. I just hope it comes back down in price to £40 then I'll buy it.
                            Honestly I'm not sure what all the hubbub is about. When Starfox 64 was released it was $59.99

This isn't the first PC game to be sold for $59.99

Am I goin to buy it? Yes. Do I like spending 10 bucks more for a video game than normal? OF COURSE NOT.

This is where opportunity costs come in. The real question is - what else could you use that 10 bucks on? I smoke - so I'll just be pissing it away on cigarettes anyways. I'm not saying I'm rich - but I don't spend a lot of money on luxery items (I have a wife for that). So if I want to splurge a bit more to get something I really want - I will. Not everyone has that mentality (nor should they - lest the greedy devs win).

But I agree that it is a slippery slope. The problem is that this game will sell better than CoD4 even with the heightened price because it has the attention of all the folks who bought the original. When the original debuted, only the CoD fans and some other hard-casual-core gamers took notice. It was only through word of mouth that the game found fame in the end.

Now that the name is known it won't be hard to have a good opening week. So their marketing guys will be like "see? it worked! and we have 10 more dollars for each unit sold!"

But in reality there will be people (for good reason) that don't buy the game until it goes down in price. Following this argument, it is easy to see that although the game will out-perform the original - it won't do as well as it should.

And finally I fear that they underestimate the stubbordness of the gamin community. Make me pay 10 bucks more for a game for no reason other than greed? Then how about I just pirate the game and pay nothing for your hard work?

When it all comes down to it - if they want to sell it to us for 10 bucks more - there better be a DAM good reason for it.

Comment

why make such a bloody fuss abt TEN dollars!!! are you guys BROKE!?? jeez

Comment

the price here in australia is 120 for normal 140 for hardened and 200 for prestiege.
                                if i remember right check www.ebgames.com.au if you want to confirm.
                                as for the price.
                                well MR Koller (or whatever hes name is) looks like the ps3 isent the only thing that needs a price cut .

Comment

Working...
                                X