Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 Demo

I have been playing BF 2 since the demo days and downloaded the GRAW 2 demo. I played Rainbow Six: Raven Shiled alot and really like that style of game in adiition to BF series.

I find the game very similar to RVS, but in a military setting. The map is a lot bigger (almost the size of BF 2 16 maps). The controls are similar to RVS, but in many ways improved. I like the fact the gun interacts with the environment more and it's a slower pace game.

The graphics are solid, which will stress your average system. The scaling is great (a aspect the BF 2 struggles with). There seems to be enough MP modes (Adversarial and Coop) to get your money worth. I plan on buying the game.

Any thoughts?

Re: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 Demo

You know iam playing the demo and i dont know but it seems really weird and the men walk really weird. Iam not really pleased with it, though i need to play it some more to see how it is.

Comment

I see what you mean. The movment is not as slick as BF 2, but the player is meant to move slower and with more thought from the player. I think the other problem is that there are few servers and a lot of the players have high pings which makes the game play a bit off.

Comment

Originally posted by cwv_Odedge View Post
        I see what you mean. The movment is not as slick as BF 2, but the player is meant to move slower and with more thought from the player. I think the other problem is that there are few servers and a lot of the players have high pings which makes the game play a bit off.
        Yeah, their is alot of lag. I go in with a low ping and their are people that are like in the 300 and iam at 30-70ping.

Also, the accuracy of the weapons seem to be really off IMO. It also seems a little disorientated also for some reason, what do you think?

Comment

I don't know, but I like it a lot, maybe because I was the first in 6 rounds in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Titus View Post
            Yeah, their is alot of lag. I go in with a low ping and their are people that are like in the 300 and iam at 30-70ping.

Also, the accuracy of the weapons seem to be really off IMO. It also seems a little disorientated also for some reason, what do you think?
            The accuracy of the guns is spot on in my opinion. It's not that hard to get a headshot if someone is standing still. I find if you are scoped, you will be more accurate (even at full auto) that if you are shooting from the hip. When shooting from the hip, you have reticle spread which is like the "cone of fire" in BF 2. The spread is mainly effected by you walking/running.

It does seem disorienting because of the narrow field of view. I don't know exactly what it is, but it's like you are a race horse with blinders on (do they have blinders? ). I don't know if this is to increase performance (less stuff to render) or a gameplay issue (you need to check your corners more often). It really bugged me at first, but I am used to it by now.

Titus, if you don't mind me asking, what city do you live in in So. Cal? I live in Surf City USA

Comment

Working...
            X