explain AT too me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: explain AT too me.

Here's a question: Can you still avoid being "detected" when hitting the tank on the turret?

One of the original tips to the kit was to aim for the top and the lock-on alert wouldn't activate.

Anyone? Bueler?

Comment

Originally posted by Marveric
      how to kill a tank = run up to it and chuck medic packs at it. 50% of the time the driver bails because he thinks its C4, and you've just nailed yourself a free tank
      omg, are there people dum enough to not see the big red freekin cross? you deserve all the kills u can get like that if fags are really falling for it

Comment

Dont try to take out the tanks/APCs if theyre in a group with a supply box. If theres a tank and an APC or two in a group, try to lure one APC to where you are, get behind cover, and shoot from another spot, repeat, etc. As long as you dont lure the other APC or the tank, you'll kill the one APC a lot easier, and it'll take longer for the other vehicles to repair. I do agree about how the AT is almost useless against armor with a supply box or adjacent repair vehicles. I think that the tank/APC, after getting hit with a rocket/APC main gun/Tank main gun, it should be unrepairable for 10-15 seconds, so an armor column wouldn't be invincible.

Comment

Remember no matter where you hit an APC with an AT rocket, the driver will always (if they were at full health when you fired the first shot) have enough time to escape after you hit them with the 2nd shot.
          Unless there is a team of you and someone shoots a 3rd shot at the same time you fired your 2nd shot.
          If not, prepare to be killed by the medic/support person in the APC.

Comment

Guide the missel!!!! Hold left mouse button and aim where you want it to go!

I learned on wake and single player.
            Hey do you know ShrapnelSpitter?

Comment

I think they should just up the splash damage, so if you land it close to something like a buggy(that are hard to hit when they are going fast), it should still kill. This would also make it useful against enemy hard points. Also, then people wouldn't be able to shoot it at the ground in front of themselves without being blown up too.

However, with this addition, it would be better for balance purposes to have one less AT rocket whe you spawn, or something like that.

Comment

I like what your suggesting. My only thing is, BF2 needs to realize the importance of communication. Thats why i suggest that when inside any vehicle, you have a voice comm line open, rather or not if hes in your squad. Because the driver isnt gonna know to stop or move unless you tell him.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplekillingmachine
                  Ok so Im wondering how the heck I use AT class for being Anti-tank.
                  Yes I know the DAO is a beast,yet has no range..and I have no grenades so I have no range what so ever besides my trusty side arm *cough*.

But the AT rocket I cant figure out.
                  I mean how can this thing be effective when it takes sometimes 3 shots to destroy a tank? How can it be effective when the time it takes me to reload is enough time for a crate to fully repair what dmg I did?
                  How can it work if hiding after I shoot it doesnt work when APC shells can turn corners and have a dmg radius of about 20 feet it seems?
                  Is it shoot crate, eat tank/apc shells respawn and try again?

Seriously the AT rocket is a pea shooter compared to the area of effect of tank/apc rounds making hiding useless, ability for crates to repair faster then reloading, ability for rockets to not come out of the barrel sometimes (WTF is that, a sound but no rocket??)
                  I played a round tonight, problably shot 20-30 AT rockets, maybe 2 kills and 1 assist..and its a completely useless class if someone on your team in the area isnt AT too..cause form what Ive seen it takes 2 people to take out a tank do to crates and utter weakness of rockets.

And I swear to god someones gonna come in here and say "Aim the rockets its were your shooting them at"..Ok thats all fine and dandy..but I find that difficult to do in the heat of battle..I cant even get cover that will allow me to fire a second missle 90% of the time and now Im suppose to line up this sweet spot shot..I usually creep out fire a quick shot and scramble back to my alley with APC/Tank shells pounding the area I was just at as I take dmg and die.

Also..I cant 1 shot a vodnik or jeep sometimes with the AT rocket yet Im suppose to shoot it at tanks...How about this..Im gonna pick up a TOW and carry that thing around cause its the only effective way of dmging a tank enough to run or die.

Trust me I drive a tank occasionally, and AT guys make me giggle more then anything since the AoE of my rounds kills them most times after they shoot. The only time a team is a match for a tank is when theres mutiple AT guys firing at the same time. And you cant count on that.
                  And the worse part is even if the tank does get destroyed after you die..you never get an assist, and to top it off after that tank is dead and you think you can go back to your favorite kit..BAM! tanks back do to the fact **** spawns 30 sec after its destroyed.

All in all AT shells need a beef up, no reason a tank can sit and fight with a crate next to it with no worry. Yes a crate for dipping off and repairing or pulling up next to and repairing after a fight..but to just sit there and have shells pinging off you while the magic box fixes you right back up is hilarious.
                  Come on we have all seen the tank sitting there beating are asses as shells hit it 3,4,5,6 times as he racks up kills for shooting the AT guy doing it.

I shouldnt have to coordinate with complete strangers in a pick up game and be a class I usually dont play just so I can stop one guy for 60 seconds..cause yes..he'll be back in 60 sec with a new tank after we destroy him, and yes 90% of my team wont work together since 80% are medics revivng people in front of him and the other 20% are snipers spamming claymores.

Before..Spec Ops was tank killers do to the ability to toss C4, now no one is a tank killers. Hardly anyone tries to C4 tanks now or even play SPec Ops since C4 tossing (for the good reasons!) was nerfed, hardly anyone plays Engi since shottys mean no range, alot play AT..yet not enough to take out a tank usually before he kills 10-20 people..

dude the AT Rocket is Optically guided, it goes wherever you look, which means if you diver behind cover you'll miss, plus you don't have to line it up, you can shoot it and THEN line it up

Comment

Working...
                  X