Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: explain AT too me.

Originally posted by ExtraSolar
    Hit the back of the tank or on it's treads to get the most damage.
    Yes, always aim for the tracks, if smoking, just hit it

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
      Truth be told if the tank has a Supply Crate, or another Tank. It could take more A-T rockets than a single soilder can carry.

{WP}Paas
      If you hit the tank from the front, aim from an angle and hit their right or left sided corner. The shell ricochets and hits the turret and causes a double hit, normally rendering the tank with 2-3 bars left or completely destroyed.

I've only done it once. I see some clan members have perfected the art though. The AT rockets seem to do the same, by the way.

PEACE

Comment

how to kill a tank = run up to it and chuck medic packs at it. 50% of the time the driver bails because he thinks its C4, and you've just nailed yourself a free tank
        One of the few effective ways of disabling a tank .

I actually enjoy the difficulty of destroying an armoured vehicle. It adds to the intensity, I wouldn't want to see a T-90 roll up over the horizon and think to myself; "Alright another sweet kill". I like how effective they are because it makes me fear. That just adds to the gameplay.

Having a faster reload time is unfair. There are too many angles for a tank to cover, and not enough FoV. All you need are two AT guys to disorient the tank and destroy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Simjay
          One of the few effective ways of disabling a tank .

I actually enjoy the difficulty of destroying an armoured vehicle. It adds to the intensity, I wouldn't want to see a T-90 roll up over the horizon and think to myself; "Alright another sweet kill". I like how effective they are because it makes me fear. That just adds to the gameplay.

Having a faster reload time is unfair. There are too many angles for a tank to cover, and not enough FoV. All you need are two AT guys to disorient the tank and destroy it.
          It is true. I also enjoy the rush of destroying one. I've gone in before with an APC and enemy tank both trying to capture the main MEC spawn on Karkand. I was able to sneak through the grass between the tank's treads, got in behind them both, squeezed two C4 packs between the two vehicles (they were angled) and ran away and blew them up with only about 2secs left of the white flag being captured and turned into a USMC flag.

Good stuff.

PEACE

Comment

pretty simple fix really.
            Engineer CAN NOT fix any vehicle unless he gets out of whatever he is in.......and starts wrenching. Completely logical as well.
            Supply Crates can give ammo to all..........but only health to players. Not vehicals. Vehicles must get a wrench, and as said before, you gotta be standing next to vehicle and start wrenching it.
            Problem solved. I also feel the same about the crate healing arty. Noooooooooo use a wrench. SImply droping a crate on arty should fix it.....thats stupid. And goes against the teamwork mechanics dice so expertly lead us to believe that BF2 was gonna be.

Comment

Originally posted by HowieMandel
              pretty simple fix really.
              Engineer CAN NOT fix any vehicle unless he gets out of whatever he is in.......and starts wrenching. Completely logical as well.
              Supply Crates can give ammo to all..........but only health to players. Not vehicals. Vehicles must get a wrench, and as said before, you gotta be standing next to vehicle and start wrenching it.
              Problem solved. I also feel the same about the crate healing arty. Noooooooooo use a wrench. SImply droping a crate on arty should fix it.....thats stupid. And goes against the teamwork mechanics dice so expertly lead us to believe that BF2 was gonna be.
              The problem is just that, in my opinion.

EA/DICE promote teamwork, but allow then offer a ranking system that focuses on solo effort rather than teamwork effort. To remove the ability to fix things as the engineer while in a vehicle wuold render the engineer class pratically pointless.

With this in mind, as much as I agree that this game should be based on teamwork, too many people play for themselves rather than their team.

PEACE

Comment

I don't think there is a problem in the engineers repair rate. If two engineers are working together in armor, i have no problem requireing 2 or 3 AT guys to down them.

Not to mention taking away the engineer's passive repair from vehicle would not be fair unless you take away the medic and supply passive abilities as well, and that is not a good idea

Comment

Well, the rockets work if you do hit and run tactics.They didn't build the AT kit to be a "high noon" kit where you and the tank stare at each other and your rocket blows it up in one hit.

Comment

The only way I think they can "save" the AT class is to either take off the beeping noise that the tanks get, or removing the hit damage locator, because once you fire one rocket the tank driver knows right where you are and it waiting for you to pop back out.

Comment

• Re: explain AT too me.

I've got almost 4 times as many hours in AT than I do any other kit, there is nothing wrong with it. In fact, it's THE power kit. It can take out anything wtih it, and really it isn't that limited in it's effectiveness. It's the kit I hate to play, because I feel the game forces me to respawn with it. I can go awhile gunning people down, taking flags, etc. but when a tank comes and starts blowing people away I know that first chance I get I need to get a rocket launcher. Same applies to helis and transports. The game pretty much forces you to use the AT kit, because it's the most effective at taking out vehicles.

In short, don't change anything about the AT kit... it's fine!

Comment

AT is fine, REALLY.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnTheWeed
                          I've got almost 4 times as many hours in AT than I do any other kit, there is nothing wrong with it. In fact, it's THE power kit. It can take out anything wtih it, and really it isn't that limited in it's effectiveness. It's the kit I hate to play, because I feel the game forces me to respawn with it. I can go awhile gunning people down, taking flags, etc. but when a tank comes and starts blowing people away I know that first chance I get I need to get a rocket launcher. Same applies to helis and transports. The game pretty much forces you to use the AT kit, because it's the most effective at taking out vehicles.

In short, don't change anything about the AT kit... it's fine!
                          I mostly agree. I do feel that playing AT is the most likely kit to suffer badly at the hands of the enemy, but I don't mind the challange. It's hard work taking down the behemouths of the battlefield and you're uften unrewarded for it. What the hey, tho... I'm personally not opposed to a challenge.

Still, I find it odd that I prefer RPGs to any other AT weapon.

If there was a tweak to be made to the kit, I'd say speeding up the AT missile is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGuyWhoShotU
                            AT- is not that bad of a class if you know how to use it, smgs are great for close-mid range and rockets are a 1 hit 1 kill for inf, reminds me of the bolt action rifles in 42 but alot more powerful. I used to find it fustrating being AT but once you learn how to make real use of the guided missle feature you can rank in massive kills with a At smg combo.

I was AT class the entire round, no tanking, no nothing but inf. If I can make AT class kick ass so can you guys
                            I got 180 odd as my best round playing standard AT with very little armor play... On Sharqi, I love that map.

I play standard SMG AT a LOT. Im currently 21st in the 'rankings' in BFHQ with the submachine gun (with only 28 hrs play time too). So Im allowed to say that Im decent at it.

My tip to those who think AT is bad. Play more.

Comment

its about knowing where to aim, and not revealing your position until you are sure the tank has no way to repair, firing, and running for cover until you reload

as for the knowing where to aim part, you can drop a tank in 2 shots, gauranteed.

if the tank base is facing you, your golden. aim for the front of the tank, and hit it on the treads. 2 AT rockets will do the trick, and 1 TOW will do it too

and as for the range of the AT gun, i have never used the DAO-12, so i cant speculate, but i was unstoppible with a full clip in my MP5

Comment

AT LEAST let us choose between guided and unguided.
                                too many times do i get shot just holding ground becuase if i move the rocket will veer off from its stright path

Comment

Working...
                                X