Extreme lag while flying a heli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Extreme lag while flying a heli

Well Hmmm, this may be a problem with NVIDIA video cards. Funny because they are supposed to be more directly supported in this game then ATI.

Comment

fortunately for me i do not have any of the stuttering problems so ill list my hardware in case it will help you!

athlon 3200 venice not oced
      asus premium sli mobo (i use the onboard sound)
      2 gig corsair (4 512 dims)
      xfx 7800gt
      seagate barricuda 160gb hard drive

my display settings are medium to high

hope this helps

Comment

Check your video card, check your ram, check your cpu, check your internet connection.
        All i can think of, good luck

Comment

Why would it be a problem with our systems if JUST being a pilot in the Apache or Hind causes this problem? Everything else is completely fine.

I use ATi by the way...

Comment

I have always had really bad lag in the Longbow and Hind, and I have never been able to fly them, I could be gunner OK but not pilot. But I have just changed ADSL connection from 256kps upstream to 448kbs upstream and the lag has gone.
            So I think it the choppers in the game that need to have there net code looked at.
            You are wasting your time looking at drivers sound etc.
            I will try some 64 player maps tonight to see if the lag is better in them as I used to bad lag with more than 50 players on a server

Comment

Why would it be a problem with our systems if JUST being a pilot in the Apache or Hind causes this problem? Everything else is completely fine.

I use ATi by the way...
              Exactly, I use ati too, and I notice the incredibly crazy lag when flying choppers, especially the hind...

Comment

it seems if im playing for the first time since i open up bf2, it runs fine. but if i disconnect then reconnect like 15 minutes later its terrible. then when i restart bf2 its fine again.

usually.

Comment

ur computer has aids

Comment

Originally posted by Boots
                    ur computer has aids
                    lol
                    Well guys i have a xfi audio, and to me is only on the hind, on warlord if i am a pilot not as a gunner. Like someone said is more like a shuffle than lag. before 1.22 i thinkg 1.21 got it fix for me, but the 1.22 mess it up again. Also in 1.2 it was mess up, i only had it working good in 1.21 and anything before the 1.2 series of patches.

Comment

Somebody suggested that you could try loading up the game (and by that, I'm assuming loading up the map), quit to desktop, and then rejoin that server/map and see if the pilot helo lag is gone.

I haven't tried it yet..mainly because I don't play SF.

Comment

lol. it dosent lag me. i float around and whore ppl with the aweosme rockets. with 2 aa and solo tv guiding other copters by the gator

Comment

Originally posted by lavadisk
                          lol. it dosent lag me. i float around and whore ppl with the aweosme rockets. with 2 aa and solo tv guiding other copters by the gator
                          OK.....So.... You come here and brag, but don't offer any system specs. The point of your message should be to help others that play a game we all enjoy.

It would be nice if we could find out why you don't have this ailment and many others do.

Great job.

Comment

okay

sorry

here are my system specs

2x3.0 p4 processors
                            4x 512 ramsticks
                            7900gt bfg oc
                            sound blaster extreme mb
                            errr. and some other stuff i think. lawl jk

im sorry but when i made that post i was ultra phyked about getting my new system and i didnt have a lot of time so i couldnt give a very detailed post.

Comment

if your referring to the Hind, I'm pretty sure thats a game issue and not just you, all of my clanmates get serous lag whilst in the pilot seat of the Hind, god knows how it got into the end production as it is

Comment

I'm not getting lag in the SF choppers but I am having a specific problem when in the attack choppers...when I press F9 to have the full gunner's view, all is good. Then when I right-click to go for a missle hit, all is well. The problem is when I return to gunner view via right-click again. I am STUCK with the limited view...it will not let me have free-view via F9 anymore unless I get out and back into the chopper. This happens EVERY TIME. I don;t know what the bug is, but it drives me CRAZY.

Any ideas about this? Anybody else have this problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X