Extreme lag while flying a heli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme lag while flying a heli

Since I would guess last week, I have been getting awful jerky lag while flying helis in SF. Every 2 or 3 seconds its like the game freezes for a second. Its making life practically impossible. I'm not having any ping issues, my ping is a steady 70.
    Anyone have an idea whats causing this or is it just a bug arising from 1.22?

:cry:

Re: Extreme lag while flying a heli

I still get that connection problem sometimes during the game and twice my guy froze on me, I could change weapons, but I could not move anywhere. After I was was killed for be a by-stander, it was ok, but what the Heck is that all about. The 1.22 has brought some issuses to BF2.

Comment

I get that sometimes too. I think it has to do with the bandwidth quality of the server because I usually see it on full 64 player servers.
      "Crunch's First Officer"
      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Thats sounds possible all right. I think its only happened on one server. I usually only play on the same one all the time though . But it has happened while half full or full, last time today it was full all right, its infuriating though your strafing infatry youve judged a toght gap between trees fine and the nose hits the hill .

Comment

I mean, I get lower FPS in heli's, i always have, but not that bad.

Comment

There was a bug about in 1.2 that cause something like it, on a certain map in SF, only while flying the helo, as gunner it would not happen. It got fix with the 1.21. I have not fly the helo since 1.22 so maybe the bug was introduced again. Come on DICE a little more testing? It seems like everytime they introduced a new bug.

Comment

IM pretty sure your talking about mass destruction. Cause i know it happend to me. When i would gun it would not lag at all. But when i flew it would lag endlessly.

-sky

Comment

It happens to me on every map now everytime i play. I cant fly a heli in SF anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Importskyline22
                  IM pretty sure your talking about mass destruction. Cause i know it happend to me. When i would gun it would not lag at all. But when i flew it would lag endlessly.

-sky
                  Sounds about right, i do believe that is the name of the map

Comment

Originally posted by Importskyline22

-sky
                    Count me in one that one! Even if the server has a good ping, it's hard to fly!

Comment

Comment

Yes SF lag is ridiculous sometimes....and yes, especially while flying helis.

Comment

I hate that, I get it too!

Comment

Originally posted by Globetrotter_XL
                            I hate that, I get it too!
                            Me three.
                            I am wondering if this has something to do with the looping helicopter blade sound. The stutter is like it is timed every three to four seconds, what gives?

What sound card/drivers are everyone using? Connection?

This problem for me makes it impossibly to pilot the helicopter. Strangely, like most, I can co-pilot no problem with no lag. And there is still the looping helicopter rotor blade sound.

How can a bug like this escape the EA testers? I know this has been brought up before, it only seems to have gotten worse with 1.22.

Has EA/DICE abandoned support of this expansion?

Comment

From what I've seen it has only come around in the latest patches. This lag was not present when the expansion first came out. I'm using an Audigy 2 with the latest drivers from Creative...including the OpenAL stuff.

Maybe we should test to see if this is present when sound is disabled?

Comment

Working...
                              X