This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $$100$$ to fix my bf2 stutter

I had the same problem once. I couldn't go to certain parts of a map because my mouse would stutter. However if I stayed away from that base and looked anywhere but north I would be ok. I never really fixed it. I had to use official nvidia drivers and each time I ran bf2 I had to clean out a certain folder in My Documents>Battlefield 2 so that it said optimizing every single time I played....

Comment

Originally posted by OafyC
      This is usually caused by:

A: Running a Geforce 6 Series card with an nForce motherboard. Maybe 7 series too, but I don't have experience with those.

B: Faulty or underpowered PSU.

C. Faulty GPU.

I had massive stutter on BF 2 and Joint OPs on my GeForce 6800 Ultra running on an nVidia mobo. Eventually it just stopped. It could have been a driver or bios update. It was still there every once in a while until I upgraded to a good PSU.
      Im on a ASRock SIS Chipset motherboard, and i recently replaced the PSU with a more beefier one so i highly doubt its that (Same stuff happened on last 1 anyway).

Originally posted by Mobdawwg
      i can kill u and take ur money, or u can ask someone else because i dont know
      K.

Comment

OG, dont listen to him, nothin he said really makes real sense and he is judging these claims (i think) off of one experience with one card.

Comment

Listen..I don't think he's coming back

Comment

Well well well, ive had a bit of a revelation. Heres the story.....

I have an ASRock K7S41GX motherboard using a SiS chipset.

When i first got this computer, i noticed my FPS was a bit naff throughout all my games, which i rectified by going on the SiS website and downloading the latest AGP GART Drivers. FPS back to normal levels etc. Ive been using it ever since.

Now today, i decide "feck it, lets try uninstalling it and seing if it resolves this god damned stutter". And low n behold ? It does, clean as a whistle, i was gobsmacked. However, all the problems i have with FPS is back and games like FEAR/HL2 & Battlefield 2 (Stutter free, but the frame rate goes BLERH) run really nasty.

So really...........WTF !? Is there ANYTHING i can do to have this damn system running like it should ?

Comment

Try lowering the dynamic shaddows and lighting settings.

BF2 would have to be the worst game for resources i have ever played.

FS2004, Fear, Far Cry, Half Life2 and Counter Strike Source all play fine on my machine at maximum settings.

But there is no way i can get BF2 to play at maximum - especially the dynamic lighting and shadows.

Simply a poorly engineered game i reckon.

Anyone agree?

P.S., I have only a AMD64 3200 with 128mb 6600gt and 1gb RAM

Comment

What mouse you use ?
                For example mouse witch cost less than G5, Razer and so on have lower respawn time than those. It will affect your gameplay.
                Let say windows defult respawn time to mouse is 8ms.
                Low cost mouse its 4 ms.
                High cost mouse its 1ms or 1000Mhz ( its really good )
                Basically it means when you move your mouse you will get very fast respawn from ur mouse.
                There is a programm with you can increase ur mouse respawn rate.
                if ur interested . PM me back.

Comment

Last post: April 10th, 2006
                  Last Activity: June 4th, 2006

It's pretty obvious that he has either fixed the problem himself or has fixed it with the help of this thread and was using $100 only as bait to get max replies.

Closing.

Comment

Working...
                  X