BattleField 2142 is a stolen idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BattleField 2142 is a stolen idea.

Remember that game Command and Conquer. It was one of my most favourite back in the days, when i was a 14 year old kid. Then came out the sequels and the next one which was again my fav, Tiberian Sun.

This new BF game is EXACTLY the same game dynamics as Tiberian, except, there is no Tiberian, its all just "Ice". I know Tiberian is RTS, but im talking about the standards both games are set at. Like the Vehicles, the future date, the types of technology, etc. Its been done to death in numerous other titles like MechAssault, and BattleFront II.

Geez DICE, think of something new, instead of repeating history just for more money, why not invest it into PROPER ****ing patch testers, and make BF2 Better.

Seriously, i cant wait for the MOD Desert Conflict, as thats gonna be the 1337 PWNZERS

P.S for those that fail to realise what im saying; IM NOT SAYING THIS IS A RIP OFF OF ANY FORM OF GAME. IM TALKING ABOUT IDEAS BEING CREATED.

Re: BattleField 2142 is a stolen idea.

Huh? Tiberian sun was (if I remember right) an RTS. 2142 will be just like BF2 with Really Big Freaking Robots.

I don't see the connection. Personally, I'd say they stole parts of the idea from the old BattleTech Universe (not that I think they actually did, just a bit closer), before I'd accuse them of ripping off Westwood.

Just my opinion though.

Comment

Um... WTF?

Seriously... you're trying to accuse BF2142 of being a rip-off of C&C?

Why not accuse it of stealing it's plot from The Day After Tomorrow (which has exactly the same general plot... it just happened faster in the movie).

Or accuse it of being a Mechwarrior Ripoff 'cause it's got mechs?

Or call a horse a horse and say it's a just like Doom (1) because you run around and shoot stuff in first person?

Jeez.
      There's nothing new under the sun. Everything is inspired by something else. This is a silly arse thread.

Edit: FYI, the new ice age plot is actually a perty cool piece of sci-fi. There's real theories that support it's possibility of actually happening. I know it's a little wierd to think that global warming could cause an iceage, but there's research that states it's a real possibility.

Comment

every game stole from Pong

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
          Um... WTF?

Seriously... you're trying to accuse BF2142 of being a rip-off of C&C?

Why not accuse it of stealing it's plot from The Day After Tomorrow (which has exactly the same general plot... it just happened faster in the movie).

Or accuse it of being a Mechwarrior Ripoff 'cause it's got mechs?

Or call a horse a horse and say it's a just like Doom (1) because you run around and shoot stuff in first person?

Jeez.
          There's nothing new under the sun. Everything is inspired by something else. This is a silly arse thread.

Edit: FYI, the new ice age plot is actually a perty cool piece of sci-fi. There's real theories that support it's possibility of actually happening. I know it's a little wierd to think that global warming could cause an iceage, but there's research that states it's a real possibility.
          Doom was just a copy of Wolfenstein.

Comment

Kind of odd that people discard the logic here-

WW2-Vietnam-Modern Combat-Future Combat

I mean, its as simple as 1+1. DICE has absolutely no choice here. And the whole idea of BF2142 being a stolen idea from C&C TS is just BS.

Comment

You guys dont understand, im NOT talking 1st person, or the graphics, or the type of gameplay it will offer, as yes tiberian was building your team, compared to BF2 where your with Squads, spawning the whole time; or whatever your trying to say, im saying, the types of vehicles, the future date, the "Ice age", as yes from the Movie "Day after Tomorrow".

All im saying is, enough of this same ****ing routine, of the same plots. Mechassault isnt anywhere near the resemblance of C&C and BF 2142; it is, not that much.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_jimmy_norton
                Doom was just a copy of Wolfenstein.
                I stand corrected.

I still miss the original working title for Wolfenstien. Little know fact... it was supposed to be a monster shooter called "It's Green and It's ****ed" before they desided that killin Nazis was more fun.

Comment

Dude, C&C is a RTS. BF is a FPS. get over it. And i'm sure that empire of war ripped of C&C as well.And so did age of empires...and any other game you didn't like.
                  *edit*: just saw your second post, so youre saying that every single Sci-fi game ripped off C&C? Well, i think that C&C stole from issac asimov. so there.

Comment

At least that will make you think no?

Comment

Well, since EA owns the right to C&C it doesn't matter. Plus this one doesn't have orca's!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghilleman
                        Dude, C&C is a RTS. BF is a FPS. get over it. And i'm sure that empire of war ripped of C&C as well.And so did age of empires...and any other game you didn't like.
                        *edit*: just saw your second post, so youre saying that every single Sci-fi game ripped off C&C? Well, i think that C&C stole from issac asimov. so there.
                        I am trying to say, DICE SHOULD NOT make this game. It wont be fun, and games like BattleFront II have already accomplished the same type of gameplay, while better as well. This game is a waste of their time. They should be thinking of ADDING MORE maps or vehicles, etc. Plus GETTING RID OF THE ****ING BUGS, in BF2

Comment

Originally posted by General_Han_Solo
                          You guys dont understand, im NOT talking 1st person, or the graphics, or whatever your trying to say, im saying, the types of vehicles, the future date, the "Ice age", as yes from the Movie "Day after Tomorrow".

All im saying is, enough of this same ****ing routine, of the same plots. Mechassault isnt anywhere near the resemblance of C&C and BF 2142; it is, not that much.
                          I suspect you're the one missin da point.

Every work is derivitive of something else. They all have to be inspired by something else. That mech design looks a hella lot like the ones from an older EA title called Future Cop. The gunships look like Terminator's HKs. The armours are even just a little Stormtrooper-ish.

I suspect Dice's goal was primeraly to make a sci-fi shooter. They needed a reason to create a futurescape that involved a large scale conflict. They went with an iceage. It's a hella lot better than the endless rehashes of post-aplocaliptic worlds, invasions from outterspace, or robots turning against their masters. The fact that it's a storyline that's supported by real science puts it a couple interest pegs up in my books... I just hope they hold the cource for the rest of the game.

Originally posted by Sir. FordMustang
                          Well, since EA owns the right to C&C it doesn't matter. Plus this one doesn't have orca's!!!
                          Hehe, did you see the gunships?
                          Rather Orca-like... but that makes sence from a believable design standpoint.

Comment

every game stole from Pong
                            LoL, you are so right!

But I think the OP is trying to say that 2142 uses the same vehicles as C&C TS. But, still 2142 is waayyyyyy far from being anywhere near C&C

Comment

Well i understand your post, and i agree totally, but i hope at least you can understand SOMETHING of what im saying?

Comment

Working...
                              X