[VIDEO] Battlefield 2142 Preview!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [VIDEO] Battlefield 2142 Preview!

Can you imagine the whorage of those Mechs!!!
    Who would want to be a grunt when you can use a giant robot ffs!

Comment

I SAW A CLOAKED UNIT!!!!!!

Man o man if you can fully cloak in this game it's going to be totaly awesome, just like in planetside you could wander around the battlefield totaly undetected, only being partially visible if you attack etc.

Imagine the knife fun

Still i agree with some comments here, BF2 I don't consider a fully polished, stable, complete game, hell the servers they make can't even stay up for more than about 8 hours without crashing, which is simply lame to say the least, not to mention the numerous bugs and balance issues that remain the engine.

Comment

I don't think it's a wise move by EA, and could possibly go down very badly. The reason i say this is it's a completely different genre to what there current audience is. For a sequel to be a success it needs the majority of the players from the previous games to be ready to buy it when it's released.

Now they want to change the style completely and go head to head with quake wars and UT2007, well i don't see them coming out well at all with this.

Comment

This is going to go down like AoEIII. Utter failure.

Oh, and planetside has already been there done that with mechs. Guess what the majority response was? Ruined the game... then they got nerfed to hell... mechs do not belong in a foot battle.

Comment

I think it's a very smart move by EA, they'll probably beat both quake wars and UT2007 to release, especially if they're just reusing the BF2 engine, they'll also capture everyone who won't be upgrading their computers, if it can run BF2 then it'll run BF2142.

UT2007 is what I would consider extreme twitch arcade gameplay, quake wars will probably be slower paced than a typical quake game but if they take all the twitch out they'll alienate the Quake fanbase. Seems like BF has that mark right in the middle, just enough arcade to keep it FUN while not so much to make it all about fast reflex response.

Comment

Originally posted by Hustler_baby
              Can you imagine the whorage of those Mechs!!!
              Who would want to be a grunt when you can use a giant robot ffs!
              How is it any different from tanks vs grunts now?

Comment

i wish they would concentrate on making BF2 a better game rather than a new ****ty future one

Comment

is this real? or are all of you being sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
                    How is it any different from tanks vs grunts now?
                    Yeah, it is the same way now with armor and ground troops, you will still have a AM (anti-mech) kit type deal to combat them....

I just hope and pray you wont be able to bunny hop in a freakin mech!

Comment

Originally posted by Catchall
                      i wish they would concentrate on making BF2 a better game rather than a new ****ty future one
                      agree 100% on this i dont want a future game yet work on bf2 retards modern combat is the best i dont want future stuff and why is it coming in 06 no wonder bf2 is buggy

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
                        tell me - were you active in the bf42 community?
                        i'll just quote you on that, because i know exactly what you're saying

Comment

WTF, We are barely getting a freakin YEAR out of BF2 and they are already starting this gay ****!!!!!!! Screw you EA.
                          You are all money whores.
                          And WTF is with that Star Wars crap? I am NOT getting this until they fix BF2.

Comment

wow fall 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by <}US{> Need_2_Kill
                              No wonder they cant fix thier the regular BF2...to busy making another buggy game.
                              If you dont appreciate it, don't post and dont play it.

Im sick of hearing people bitch even though I know they still enjoy playing the game.

Comment

Can we have the link to the article please? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X