Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found a new exploit? definitely cheating, but what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Found a new exploit? definitely cheating, but what to do?

Why don't EA/DICE made that you cannot shot/throw something outside the building instead of making it harder to enter a building?

Instead people seeing the outside, they would see the inside of the building...

Comment

I dunno if these guys should be banned just for this. I mean come on. I once spawned on my squad leader who was on the roof of a building and i was stuck in the roof. when i tried jumping/proning to move i eventually just fell through into the building. Would you say i was "cheating"? Now it's pretty lame that these guys just stayed there, but i really don't think it's something they should be banned for.

Comment

this kind of bug has been in existance since bf42. three games later, it's still here, so i wouldn't pin my hopes up to high on the thought of them fixing it any time soon.

Comment

how did they do that???

Comment

well, first they ......

while we were ............

and then they .....

and we ........

it was all .................

game over the end

Comment

Originally posted by cramhains
              Why don't EA/DICE made that you cannot shot/throw something outside the building instead of making it harder to enter a building?

Instead people seeing the outside, they would see the inside of the building...
              Cause this would be more of a bitch for the game to render out..

Persay like this, remember GTA 3 when it came out, there were no inside shots of a building and the ones you could see in you couldn't go in ala safe points.

Then GTA VC comes out and you could go in some buildings. It takes more video card power to render each image/texture in a game..
              Which is why some people are having issues wit some maps on say Warlord or Greatwall or something like that. anyway I hope this helps somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by TA-Prfctdrknss
                No retard its not just as bad. And I don't need to hack I would own your ass anyday bitch.
                Hahahaha. You make me laugh. You're such a badass!

Comment

Bah another old glitch like sharqi and karkand and... etc. Just like sharqi you need to do something in a certain order to be able to get inside a building. Like walking on a specific area for shaqi, where the game would cause you to keep walking. You would then do *something* that would cause you to fall inside the floor which for some reason is missing the modelled floor. I beleive these glitches are problems that have something to do with something called a 'collision mesh' if i am not mistaken.

Just for the record, yes i know how to do all the glitches mentioned here (and some not mentioned here), and yes i have performed them in single player but NOT in multiplayer. And yes i have posted to pb about it with screen shots, regardless of how useless it is. EA MAY bother to fix the exploits and MAY NOT.

Personally i wouldnt hold your breathe.

My only saving grace is that i have yet to be suspect to such exploiting so i have never been as frustrated as some to be killed over and over by someone using a map exploit that cannot be killed (except by someone who walks into the building too of course - cos they can harm each other).

Mind you if this does happen to me, and a player or players get inside a building, i will enter it also, drop c4 or a grenade then run out and blast them. Then make a screenshot of their names just incase i feel like reporting them. (which i beleive does nothing but give you a fuzzy feeling inside)

Comment

does anyone know how the hell to use battlerecorder?

i have like 4 bookmarks, but every single time i try to download it fails!

how do i get it working? most tutorials just tell you how to take battlerecorder of singleplayer games, which i dont give a **** about.

Comment

Heres a picture of the building glitch I posted about earlier. I reproduced (offline) the accident I had whilst online on a local server run on my copy of BF2 to illustrate.

The building glitch would appear not to be limited to certain buildings on certain maps only, but quite possibly any building structure given the right surroundings.

If Dice just made it so that being inside a buildings space caused instant death or attrition damage, they could use that one fix to replace (the growing) number of other fixes to stop people glitching into buildings and fix the problem completely.

(Once again, anyone pm'ing for details will be ignored unless you are BFRS or Dice staff)

Comment

Working...
                      X