Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found a new exploit? definitely cheating, but what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Found a new exploit? definitely cheating, but what to do?

Originally posted by cybercrow
    the eayest way around a ip ban is just to buy a new net card we did on my friends pc after pb gave him a hwb because he hadnt updated his pb an it showed that the set up files where different from the new files.
    It is strange that that would work. Most nic's either get an ip with dhcp, or a static ip that "you" choose based on your network at home. Usually, the ip that is seen to represent you is the wan(your cable/dsl modem) ip address, which usually isn't a static address, meaning it changes every do often. I know with my setup, in my router there is a release/renew for the wan ip address, and when i hit the button, it releases my wan ip address, and picks up a new one from the isp.

Comment

It was a glitch. Actually, pretty clever. Not a spinning turret, mind you.

Rico, can you let me know if you successfully got the file? If not, I'll upload it to yousendit.com, or something similar...

Comment

thanks Krusher

Comment

post the screenies

Comment

Why do idiots assume using a glitch in the game to get in a building is cheating. It has nothing to do with cheats, hacking or any form of it. Its a glitch that dice didn't bother to fix despite saying they would so all you dumbasses stop lumping using a glitch with cheating in the same sentace.

Comment

Originally posted by TA-Prfctdrknss
              Why do idiots assume using a glitch in the game to get in a building is cheating. It has nothing to do with cheats, hacking or any form of it. Its a glitch that dice didn't bother to fix despite saying they would so all you dumbasses stop lumping using a glitch with cheating in the same sentace.
              You probably hack yourself - It's an exploit, just as bad, numbnuts.

Comment

Originally posted by TA-Prfctdrknss
                Yeah, you're probably right. They screwed up when they didn't program it so that everyone could freely walk into all buildings. Hell, maybe they could even have candy and soda machines in them, so you could grab a snack while CHEATING. They could also get a partnership with McDonald's, Burger King, or Wendy's to have them advertise on some of the buildings, that you could go in during the game, and grab a Big Mac or Whopper.

Imagine, the commander giving you an order; "Attack this position"

To which you reply; "No can do!, I got the munchies, go tell another squad. I'm at the Bruger King inside the Temple!"

It's not the way it was meant to be played. If you feel using this glitch is not cheating, then please post any/all usernames you use on BF2, so I can immediately report you, and have all your stats reset.

Thanks!

Comment

I'm thinking they went prone on a badly modeled area near the temple and then were under the ground? (Similar to the Sharqi Stat Padders area)

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles
                    I'm thinking they went prone on a badly modeled area near the temple and then were under the ground? (Similar to the Sharqi Stat Padders area)
                    Nope... I don't think it's a mesh issue. The cheaters clearly had to have some things happen in sequence for it to work.

I'll send you a PM...

Comment

It's weird reading this. I'm curious how it's done, but at the same time... don't want to know. The curiousity is just knowing how they accomplish this, not wanting to do it myself. I just hope that EA/DICE/Whoever knows and will take action.

Glitch, hack, cheat... if someone does something that gives them an UNFAIR advantage over others then it should be reportable. Being inside a building so that you can shoot out but nobody can shoot in seems like an unfair advantage, no?

"so all you dumbasses stop lumping using a glitch with cheating in the same sentace"

Ooops... I lumped them all in the same sentence, does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by USI_Krusher
                        Hell, maybe they could even have candy and soda machines in them, so you could grab a snack while CHEATING. They could also get a partnership with McDonald's, Burger King, or Wendy's to have them advertise on some of the buildings, that you could go in during the game, and grab a Big Mac or Whopper.
                        Its a temple, DUH! Their clearly praying while cheating. Asking for forgivness for their sins aghenst honest troops.:laugh:

This reminds me of an old UO hack where ghosts would walk into the stairs of a house and someone rez them and boom, their inside a house to loot and pillage. EA's solution wasent a fix but a bandaid. To put a brick in the stairs of every single house so they couldent rez there anymore.

Maby he killed him and defibed him on the other side of the wall?

Comment

Originally posted by DosX
                          It's weird reading this. I'm curious how it's done, but at the same time... don't want to know. The curiousity is just knowing how they accomplish this, not wanting to do it myself. I just hope that EA/DICE/Whoever knows and will take action.

Glitch, hack, cheat... if someone does something that gives them an UNFAIR advantage over others then it should be reportable. Being inside a building so that you can shoot out but nobody can shoot in seems like an unfair advantage, no?

"so all you dumbasses stop lumping using a glitch with cheating in the same sentace"

Ooops... I lumped them all in the same sentence, does that count?
                          I sent the battlerecorder file to RICO, who will make sure the proper authorities are informed, so they can change how this happens.

As I said, it was very clever, and in the name of full disclosure, my son is the one who pointed out exactly what they did to get under it.

I just don't want to post it in public... If you're that curious, I'll PM you the details. Let me know, but of course, do not disclose in a post.

Originally posted by bigpappa
                          post the screenies
                          Is it not showing up for you?

Comment

nice one Krusher, two less battlefield 2 n00bs

Comment

Originally posted by USI_Krusher
                              I just don't want to post it in public... If you're that curious, I'll PM you the details. Let me know, but of course, do not disclose in a post.
                              Nice work sending the info in. And nah... I'll pass on the info. I'll just come here and vent when I see others doing it

Comment

Its easier to get inside a building then you would think, has happened by accident to me once before on Wake Island..

I won't go into the details, but suffice to say I accidentally ended up inside a building looking out for a second or two before moving my vehicle away and popping back out

(Anyone PM'ing me for details will be ignored..)

Comment

Working...
                                X